Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fire in the parking lot?

truffleshuffle47

I am just wondering if anyone knows what all that smoke was in the parking lot after the game? or if anyone witnessed what was without a doubt the beatdown of the year in section 432 yesterday, when a skins fan completely knocked out a guy in a rams jersey.

Sure hope our fans were not trying to imitate Eagle fans.

Haha didn't catch that beat down, but I sure wanted to see one dished out. This one Rams fan in Sec 444 I think (I was in 443) wouldn't shut up the whole game. He would even go out in the aisle and dance around pointing his finger at the scoreboard and such. I was frankly shocked that people didn't give him more of a hard time. I was hoping that as he danced down the aisle someone would at the very least throw something at him. He was really making an ass out of himself.

I'm not suggesting that we should try to get the reputation that Eagle fans have, but...I hate how fans from other teams come into our stadium and think that they can own the place. I've seen the Skins at the Linc before, and I never saw Skins fans dancing in the aisles or giving crap to Eagle fans. I'm a firm believer in the premise that when you go to a road game for your team, you represent that team, city, etc, by virtue of the fact that you're wearing their colors. You have every right to cheer for your team, but you also need to understand the fact that you're in someone else's stadium, and that you need to respect their team and their traditions. Again, I don't want people to be afraid to come to a game here (ultimately if they're an opposing fan I don't want them to come period), but they also shouldn't be surprised when people give them crap.

That car in the lot was toast.

Also, did anyone see the bus that caught on fire on I-95 at Potomac Mills? We saw it about 90 minutes after the game. The front half of the passenger side was charred black, and a couple of windows were busted out. All the passengers were standing in the grass. It gnarled up traffic pretty bad.

Also, did anyone see the bus that caught on fire on I-95 at Potomac Mills? We saw it about 90 minutes after the game. The front half of the passenger side was charred black, and a couple of windows were busted out. All the passengers were standing in the grass. It gnarled up traffic pretty bad.

I live on the north side of Manassas so I take 66 each week, but I would bet that things open up a bit once you get towards Pot. Mills. Nevertheless, that kind of thing never helps matters.

So it was a car that was on fire? We could see a whole bunch of smoke, but were wondering what it was...

Yeah... If that fan had been behaving that way at the Link, he would have ben beat fur sure.

I must say, the Linc isn't all it is cracked up to be, everyone was super nice. :cool:

Actually, I didn't see any Skins fans acting like idiots so it is hard to say. For the most part we were encouraged to cheer for our team and have a good time.

I live on the north side of Manassas so I take 66 each week, but I would bet that things open up a bit once you get towards Pot. Mills. Nevertheless, that kind of thing never helps matters.

We were debating whether to take 301 S back to Richmond, but opted instead on 95 S. We had the typical slowdown near the bridge, but it opened up pretty good once we got into VA. Until the bus incident. It was off the road, but the rubbernecking was in full force.

So it was a car that was on fire? We could see a whole bunch of smoke, but were wondering what it was...

I'm not 100% sure. I assumed it was a car given the amount of smoke there was. I did hear a guy yell out "did you see the burning car?", or something to that effect, but don't know for sure if he actually saw what it was that was burning, either.

a fight and a fire...now we're talking.

Almost every game I've been to, there has been a fire in the tailgating section. I always see the fire trucks and ambulances going to calls. Most of the time, its people throwing away their small grills in the dumpsters causing dumpster fires...

Unfortunately, no..not that exciting. Most of the time its idiots who drink nothing but beer in 90 degree heat and get dehydrated.

Are you guys talking about the fire in the green lot-like the one on Arena Dr as you walk up to the stadium?

If so, that turned out to be nothing more than someone's overturned charcoal buring a styrofoam cooler.

I'm not sure that's what people here are refering to-but we noticed it from the stadium-and thouhgt it was something much much worse.

Apparently so did the fire department-b/c they went to check on it-but it was just burning styrofoam. I was parked in the area, so I saw it and heard the firemen talking about it.

Again not sure this is what people are referring to, but it seems like it could be....

Let's not turn into Eagles fans, but let's make it a place where only Redskins fans want to go. There are usually a ton of other team's fans there.

That would be possible if the stadium wasn't so big. Because it's so big, we're always going to have opposing teams fans. I'm sure Dallas will have the problem next year, too.

I sit in 432 and completely missed the fight. Must've happened behind me.

I'm in 432 as well, pretty high up and I didn't see any fight, I was there 20 minutes before kick off and never left my seat until after the made kick that caused me to feel sick to my stomach.

The only thing I saw was a skins fan in a Landry Jersey that kept trying to get people to stand up, cheer and make noise when are offense was on the field. :doh:

I burn styrofoam to stay warm in the winter, really makes the walls nasty and makes my eyes swell. LOL

I only get to go to one 'Skins game a year, this year I get to see the Iggles at home. I plan on making my area the hott spot, armed to the teeth with 9 volts!

Archived