Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scott Peterson - Guilty or Innocent?

Awgustlab

Early predictions? Just about everyone I know says he is for sure guilty, however I have my doubts. I can't say for sure that I believe right now that he is guilty. My girlfriend gave me a rash of sh!t for saying that. Any takers on predictions or thoughts?

Originally posted by fansince62

There will be riots in Beverly Hills when this happens.

Only if moneybags gets convicted - and the riots will be in La Jolla. :laugh:

It might be cold to say this, but I dont care about whether or not he did it - this case is nothing more than any of the other 1000's of open murder/kidnapping/etc investigations that are out there.

I'm not going to guess if he's guilty or innocent right now, but I do have to ask one question........

The press is hyping up the situations that he was carrying $10,000 in cash, had dyed his hair, and was arrested close to the mexican border.

The thing that gets me is this.......... If he were truly making a run for mexico, why the hell would he stop off and play a round of golf on the way.

He was arrested on the golf course. Doesn't make a whole hell of alot of sense to me. Maybe the media isn't paying attention to all the symantics of this case and only reporting on the juicy headline grabbing facts.

The media wouldn't do that now would they?

I heard in passing on one of the cables last night that in December the body of a pregnant woman was found in the same bay where her body was found. Did anyone else hear this? Or have any other info? If so, that's one hell of a reasonable doubt breaker.

It could be that he was playing skins golf and had won the money. I think they would have arrested him along time ago if they really thought he was guilty. The fact that bodies were found pushed the police to make and arrest. The facts in this case are very confusing and I would tend to think that Peterson had his wife and child killed rather than do it himself.

I heard in passing on one of the cables last night that in December the body of a pregnant woman was found in the same bay where her body was found. Did anyone else hear this? Or have any other info? If so, that's one hell of a reasonable doubt breaker.

Kilmer,

I haven't heard that. That fact alone would cause most reasonable people to look into the facts surrounding the other woman's disappearance etc. If the facts are similar to the Peterson investigation it would certainly lead to other theories..... like a potential serial killer preying on pregnant women.

I would certainly be interested in knowing if this were true or not. Scotty could be a patsy after all, who knows.

Fuhrman is on Hannity right now and stated the following from the investigation.

1- He had his brothers Drivers License on him

2- He had a passport with his brothers name and his picture on it.

3- They found concrete in his boat.

4- His fishing gear had not been used

5- His house "reaked" of bleach

6- He had 2 gallon barrels of concrete at his house.

Thats all circumstantial evidence. The passport and DL thing will never be admitted in court for a jury to hear. What does that leave?

Concrete in the boat.......... Could have come from a concrete dock where the boat was launched.

House reeked of bleach...... not used to cleaning the house and used bleach as a cleaner.

Fishing gear had not been used.......... how can one tell with any certainty that it wasn't used that night. Was it brand new?? How are you going to get someone to testify that fishing equiptment, seized weeks after the disappearance, were not used on Christmas eve. Sounds fishy (pardon the pun).

Concrete at his house.......... used in repairs or replacement of sidewalks, curbing etc. around the house. You may be able to tie this in with the concrete in the boat if you can get a forensic expert to testify that it is the same type and substance found in the boat, but this is still circumstantial and not direct evidence. Where this could play a crucial role is if the cops can tie that concrete in the boat and at the house with the deceased's body. If there are traces of concrete (which I doubt with the amount of time it spent in the water) on the body and it can be conclusively matched to samples taken from the boat and the house, that is direct evidence and will be quite hard to overcome.

I'm not saying this guy is innocent, all I'm saying is that from what the press is reporting, the case is weak.

Well, I guess the crisis in the Middle East is lessening, because here comes pointless tabliod-worthy news again. If only Laci was a Congressional intern then THAT would be something. :rolleyes:

In other words, I really don't care.

Gut feeling? He did it. Paint it any way you want, he sure didn't act like someone hoping for his wife to be found and return home. Sold her truck, tried to sell the house. Even though he didn't love her, where was the worry for his future son? If he acted this way and DIDN'T do it, he should be locked up for stupidity.

Didn't the police get the arrest warrant before the bodies were found? They had to produce some kind evidence to a judge for that.

Can he get a fair trial? You never know what kind of jury you might get these days. After the Simpson, and Menendez trials I'm not sure some people would convict a bird of having feathers.

Whats the question here?

Did he do it?

uh YEAH. Granted the 'innocent until proven guilty' sentiments, surely no one here honestly believes this guy looks innocent. Picture yourself and any other HUMAN man you know in the same situation. You'd have been devastated and a total wreck from day one and screaming your innocence from the rooftops ever since. What have we got from this guy? New hairstyles, putting up the dead wifes belongings for sale, and refusal to cooperate with the police. Get a grip. Even his in-laws know its him.

Will he be convicted? Who knows?

Yeah, welll...had he acted like a basket case and freaking out, everybody would be spinning it that he was faking it and that his emotions were over the top and all that. It's easy to say he did it because of his calm demeanor and lack of emotions displayed. I am actually the same type of person Scott is, mannersisms-wise. Just calm, cool and passive all the time. It takes alot to get me real excited or to freak me out. I don;t think that the emotions (or lack of them) is somethig to focus on and say that it contributes to your viewpoint that he may be guilty. Seems to me he didn't really love his wife, he probably didn't want a kid, he was having an affair because he was not happy. What do we know of her? Was she a raging ***** to him? Did she talk and talk and talk and talk and get on his last nerve?? (just kidding!!) Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. Right now, I am not convinced he did.

Gut feeling:

Did he do it? Yep. His actions just don't scan at all. And I realize how irrational this is, but the goatee bothered me. He did it.

Will he be convicted? It depends. If he gets the kind of defense team O.J. got, he might avoid a conviction.

Can he get a fair trial? Depends. Does that necessarily mean finding jurors who haven't followed the news? I don't think so. In fact, do you want someone so disconnected from our culture? Does that insure 'fairness'? You still need folks on the jury willing to weight the evidence put in front of them and not b.s. supposition from the media.

I reserve judgment until the trial and all facts are brought to light. Right now, all people know is what they are lead to believe in the media. The press is selling a story. What may seem strange in the news today, after the real facts come out might make perfect sense later.

There have been many people whose lives have been ruined by being falsely accused, or tried in the press when they were completely Innocent, and many personable charming people who have gotten away scott free, when they were guilty as sin.

I am just glad we have a Judaical system that believes in fair trails. It may not be perfect but is a great deal better than the lynch mob.

He went 'fishing' on Christmas Eve alone near where his wife and unborn sons corpse washed up. He was unfaithful and lied about it. He has shown nearly nothing to indicate he was sorry his pregnant wife disappeared. He's not indicted for being an introvert Awgust, he's indicted more than likely because they found blood, and an effort to cover it all over his house, boat, and car. You can say all you want about 'wait till the facts come out' but I've never seen anyone who looks more guilty. And whats the point regarding whether his PREGNANT wife was a b*tch or not? Thats a pretty disturbing direction to take this argument, don't you think? Of course he deserves as fair a trial as possible, but since the title of this thread is Guilty or Innocent, I'm stating my opinion emphatically, he's guilty as hell!

it's too early for me to make a judgment call, but if i had to make a decision now, he is not guilty. i just havent seen any evidence that could convince me that he is the one. I also heard about the other missing pregnent women, that is one hell of a coincidense, the authorites are calling it unrealted, i just dont see how laci, and 3 other missing pregnent women, in the same area within the last year is unrelated. Hello, can we say "PATTERN". it is starting to look like the police are ignoring other suspects or possabilities. I truly hope that if scott peterson did it, the authorities have forensics, or some concrete evidence pointing directly to him. As of right now, it looks to me to be a serial kidnapper/murderer.

Originally posted by Henry

Well, I guess the crisis in the Middle East is lessening, because here comes pointless tabliod-worthy news again. If only Laci was a Congressional intern then THAT would be something. :rolleyes:

In other words, I really don't care.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Archived