Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Zorn on Rookie Recievers/ Taylor, Springs, Heyer PRACTICING

SMOSS89

Man that doesn't sound good at all.

Actually, it sounds exactly like we expected. Even on draft day people were saying that he was a gifted athlete that was very raw. Sounds as if Zorn recognized this as well. It be better to make him work hard to get in the game then hand him the keys and watch him crash and burn.

HB Blades seems to have made me not miss Marcus Washington. MW is perpetually injured...is he that good even when healthy anymore?

hard to say because he has been injured so much recently. i can't think of the last time we've seen him play without having some sort of injury to deal with. hb blades has played well in his place though.

Eh, it's whatever.. If Taylor is practicing, he will play (I think).

And the doctors are very careful, and I'm sure if they gave him the okay he's good-to-go. But if we don't need him, I still agree with the idea of resting him just in case.

Eh, it's whatever.. If Taylor is practicing, he will play (I think).

And the doctors are very careful, and I'm sure if they gave him the okay he's good-to-go. But if we don't need him, I still agree with the idea of resting him just in case.

i don't think he'll be playing every down if he plays this week. third downs and obvious passing situations.

Yep. Hate to say it but Davis sounds like a bit of a knucklehead.

I wouldn't say that. You have to also understand the coaches are going to be hard on them. They want them to stay hungry and get better.

On another note: Thomas is coming around. He's getting more and more playtime. Kelly will hopefully get healthy soon so he can be on practice field pushing Thomas and vice-versa.

I say don't rush Taylor back. Seems like we've been fine without him and I'd much rather have him 100% in meaningful games than 50-75% in the next three weeks.

Not saying I'm taking the Rams, Browns or Lions lightly, but we've beaten two really good teams without Taylor, and one without Springs.

taylor will be 100%. he was just waiting until the cut was healed. we need him out there so he gan get back into game shape before we play the steelers on a monday night!

taylor will be 100%. he was just waiting until the cut was healed. we need him out there so he gan get back into game shape before we play the steelers on a monday night!

i concur, i believe taylor could have played last week

but he wanted to be at or near 100%

heres hoping he gets a welcome back sack :cheers:

At least he didn't post a picture of his dick on the internet.

If davis can start playing like cooley plays, then he can feel free to post his dick on on any website he wants to. When you're a rookie, and havn't done anything, you don't have much leeway.

Especially against a team like the rams...he will get a huge dose of steven jackson who maybe stronger than taylor. The week after that he will get a lot of Jamal Lewis another guy that is arguably stronger than him so we'll see how he holds up.

we should have JT line up at linebacker and keep our ends rotating.

The rookie receivers are being humbled right now and that's exactly what they need. Thomas was raw coming out of college having only played one year of division I football and both Davis and Kelly have had reputations of being a bit full of themselves.

Ideally I'd like to see all three of those guys ready to contribute after the bye week, but as long as the starters stay healthy there's really no reason to rush things.

Springs glues our defense together. It was a marvel how we played last week without him, and I was incredibly impressed.

That being said, get well Springs! I agree that maybe holding Taylor out another week would be beneficial. At the same time I'm a message board junkie, and Jason Taylor is Jason Taylor. If the guy says he's ready to play, I believe him.

What did he say about Kelly?

I won't click on that link anymore either...I refuse to support the Post or LaDoucheBag in any way whatsoever.

You won't click on the link, but you'll ask other fans to click on it and post what was written? Seems a little pointless...

If you don't care what JLC or the Post has to say, why not avoid these threads?

:2cents:

I wouldn't say that. You have to also understand the coaches are going to be hard on them. They want them to stay hungry and get better.

I'm looking at the whole picture...not just this article. When you add up everything we know, including the sleeping in, and Zorn's comments about his preparation, he kinda looks like a knucklehead based on what we know so far.

I'm not worried--it's still way early and he'll have plenty of opportunities to prove himself. Just saying he looks like a knucklehead, but hopefully he'll learn and mature.

Personally, I actually like the fact that we've had the luxury of assimilating Devin to the offense slowly and by our own pace. The WCO is a very complex offense, even for pro standards, so it's obviously going to be tough for a guy who played one year of D1 ball at Michigan State (which doesn't even use a pro style offense if I remember correctly). It's good for us that Randle El and Moss have been healthy and productive, with Thrash coming in and doing his part. This way, you give Devin small parts of playing time, give him more time to get used to our offense, until finally he's grown enough to challenge for a starting spot.

Out of all of our rookies, I feel that Devin has the most long term potential to be a great great player

Archived