Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

concerned about our lack of a pass rush?

Lar0n Landry

We are near the bottom of the League with only 6 sacks in 4 games. Romo sits to pee pretty much was chillin all day in the pocket. Although we did manage to get pressure on him a few times it wasn't really enough IMO. Philly has the best pass rush in the League and I think it would help tremendously if we could get in Mcnabb's grill and force him into making some bad throws or getting some sacks. I'm sure the fact that Blatche isn't blitzing all that much has something to do with it but our front 4 needs to do a better job as well.

If this has been posted just merge or delete.

Our secondary shows just how good they are covering receivers.. But our D-Line has played some good offensive lines. cowboys,giants,saints,and cardinals are all very good offenses with top QBs. So when we do get pressure it seems like the QBs quickly get rid of the ball. No doubt we need more production from the ends and tackles up front.

First of all rewatch the game because Romo sits to pee was getting really nervous in there because with only 4 guys he was getting tight in the pocket with no obvious reciever to throw too.

he looked very uncomfortable all game, plus how many plays did his elusiveness save him?

not having taylor may have been beneficial because teams run right at him because he is undersized and cannot hold up against the run, evans does a much better job. no one is going to pin their ears back and get to the qb better than taylor does though.

I seriously thought Montgomery was doing a great job last year in collapsing the middle, he was just overrunning the QB too much. I wonder what happened to his worth ethic to get benched. Did he get lazy again?

No, he didnt get lazy, he was born lazy. He had a good year last year, we'll hear from him again in approximately 2010.

And going against a couple of the better Olines in the business can be a bit of a challenge as well. It also doesn't help to be going against a fairly elusive QB. There were a couple of times where I was certain the Redskins had the sack on Romo sits to pee but he somehow got away.

If Garrett had half a brain he would have called a lot more long developing plays to send two guys deep and try and fool our FS like they did last year for 4 TD's. They run Whitten up the seam force the FS to step left and then have the late guy going deep on the other side. They ran too many precision short routes against our tight man and failed.

They had all the time in the world folks and even we know good man to man coverage can only last so long. Our defense will not be lucky like that every game. We need a pass rush and I want to see a few more blitzes along with some stunts. Why dont we ever stunt or try anything other than a bull rush?

I think we got great pressure on Romo sits to pee, he was running for his life. The fact of the matter is Romo sits to pee is great at avoiding the rush and the cowgirls oline is pretty damn good. Just look at the stats he has only been sacked 2 times all year.

I do have to admit we did get some pressure on Rolo, but it was more often than not the collapsing pocket kinda thing. He had no run options - the benefit of bull rushing and staying in your lanes. He did have 300 yds and decent day so we really didnt shut him down. We handcuffed Whitten his baby blanket and tight man on TO and stayed in our rush lanes and contained him.

We did get a lick on him late I was very happy. But that was not our plan, full credit needs to go Blache. Romo sits to pee was at his near best in that game and could not beat us.

I think our ends are doing fine. The problem is no pressure from the middle.

I disagree. I think Griff and Golsten/Monty are doing pretty well inside. They are doing a good job of getting pressure on QBs and tipping balls.

One thing thats got to be considered in all of this is that we've gone up against a QBs who has a pretty quick release (Brees) and one who is very good at avoiding pressure (Romo sits to pee). We coulda got more pressure on Warner, but even his release is pretty quick and we decided to force them to run the ball by taking away the pass.

Archived