Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The crazy ex wife thread

Spaceman Spiff

honestly my sister is one of these women. if there is an ******* within 50 miles of her she will hook up and give up everything for him. she is a paralegal, went to college for her masters and is one of the smartest people I know. she just has no control over herself when it comes to men. i cant tell you how many men my father has beaten up for kicking her ass and how many that me and my 2 brothers have stomped. we have all spoken to her until we are blue in the face and it never helps.

shes not immature but maybe self confidence. i know she is smart as **** though and has her **** together in every other aspect except for that one.

She sounds like my friend that I posted about earlier. I've talked to her numerous times to no avail. The thing I've come to realize is that people will not change unless they want to change. This is a difficult fact for me to grasp b/c I consider myself a very independent person, and I wont settle for just anything. But, if a person isn't ready to change and accept the good things that life has to offer, there's nothing we can do but wait and hope that sooner or later they'll come around.

She sounds like my friend that I posted about earlier. I've talked to her numerous times to no avail. The thing I've come to realize is that people will not change unless they want to change. This is a difficult fact for me to grasp b/c I consider myself a very independent person, and I wont settle for just anything. But, if a person isn't ready to change and accept the good things that life has to offer, there's nothing we can do but wait and hope that sooner or later they'll come around.

agreed...you are a cool person from what i see so far and dont take no **** from anyone...good stuff there :cheers:

I honestly can't hype myself up as some majorly independent, fabulous, macho-woman. It’s just not me. Yet, I don’t fall into the utterly dependent, self-esteem-less “I can’t live without a man” category, either. Yes, one day I’d like to get married and raise a family. I’d even entertain the ‘work-part time, stay at home part-time’ role. Being a wife and mother has always been a dream of mine. To some it sounds mundane, but.. I really don’t care what other people think. I’m not obsessed with climbing the corporate ladder, and I don’t need abundant success in the work place to feel good about myself. Still, I do want to be able to support myself, I want to graduate school, and make my own income. I don’t want to have to rely on someone else in order to survive in this world, because I know you can never fully trust someone else to always be there. ( Besides my Mommy ;) ). Married or not. I guess I’m the happy medium.

honestly my sister is one of these women. if there is an ******* within 50 miles of her she will hook up and give up everything for him. she is a paralegal, went to college for her masters and is one of the smartest people I know. she just has no control over herself when it comes to men. i cant tell you how many men my father has beaten up for kicking her ass and how many that me and my 2 brothers have stomped. we have all spoken to her until we are blue in the face and it never helps.

shes not immature but maybe self confidence. i know she is smart as **** though and has her **** together in every other aspect except for that one.

Send her my number, you can vouch for me....

You know, I'm really sorry to hear that Mike. Most of the guys I dated were nice and treated me well. However, I did date a few jackasses and made excuses for their jackassness for quite awhile, and looking back, I realize it was my self-confidence at the time. I'm not a dumb person either, but my lack of self-esteem at that time pushed me to make idiotic choices in regards to men. I don't know your sister's case, but I suspect there are some confidence issues there, and that makes me sad to see that in other women because I know what it was like. :(

Also, similar thing happened with my aunt. She's smart, went to Georgetown med school, is now a department head at Hopkins...EXTREMELY intelligent, and she married a total d-bag, like TOTAL d-bag. She and this jerk divorced a few years later and she is now married to the nicest, coolest guy who dotes on her and supports her career. I lived with her family when I went to school back east and I talked to her about it, and she said the single most thing that kind of led her to stay with this guy was her lack of self-esteem. It's taken her a long time to realize she is fully capable of just about anything, and now she is a very confident woman. She is probably the single-most influential woman in my life besides my mom, and I credit mainly her with getting my head straightened out in terms of self-esteem when I was in college and dating a few buttheads.

Anyway, that's a long-winded story about some self-esteem problems with chicks. I hope your sister someday finds the strength within herself to stand up for herself and tell these jerks to pound salt. :D

Archived