Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Chat on NFC EAST

shk75

What I don't like is the different plane comment, like the rest of the NFC East is a whole league better than the Redskins. The Giants are a whole plane better than the Rams not a whole plane better than the Redskins. You don't beat a team that you're a "whole plane" better than by 9 points.

They are on a little Cessna and not a 747. ;)

Wow I actually got another answered 2 for 2 in this chat:

James (Arlington): Can I get your input on the game between ARI-WAS on Sunday. I have never seen so much trash talk from the Cards fans before. Where have they come from?

sn2.gifMatt Mosley: James, the Cardinals actually contract their trash-talking out to other teams. It's one of the league's dirty little secrets. Eagles fans are actually paid to trash-talk on the behalf of the Cards. But seriously, who can blame the Card "Nation" for coming out of hiding. They're 2-0 and the Seahawks are in major trouble. They smell a playoff game, and for once, they feel superior to their former NFC East foes. Just deal with it for a week or so. This shouldn't last long.

p.s. thanks for the compliment on the sig he is def. what hip hop should be not the other crap but thats for another thread.

He does not have much faith in our wide receivers? I would make a strong case that Santana Moss is the 2nd best receiver in the division behind TO. Giants fans would shout for Plaxico for number 2 and he is certainly a better possesion receiver but MOss has more big play potential IMO.

do all redskin fans seriously think moss is better than plax?????????

When the other teams in your division have a semblance of continuity on both sides of the ball, and you are changing what do you expect the talking heads to say? Only us fans have not so cautious optimism...

There isn't that much change, really. A new head coach and a new offensive system.

Really, the only reason we are getting marked down is because of the uncertainty caused by those changes. At the same time, this team was very competitive against the rest of the division and I've seen nothing from the other teams that convinces me that that has changed. The Giants were very beatable and I saw a lot of sloppy play from both teams in the Monday Night game.

Jason

I can live with that. This is the kind of response I'm talking about when I say somebody can be critical of the Skins and it doesn't bother me. The question marks he gives are real question marks in my opinion although I think our O-line is going to be fine assuming they stay healthy. And I don't know about you guys but I sure don't know which is the real Redskin team yet. I think if everything goes well we could win the division but that would take a big step up from Jason Campbell and a lot of breaks along the injury front. We could also finish under .500 if Campbell treads water.

not that i don't wish this is true, but they will be over .500. they only have to win 6/14 games to go .500. its not improbable to think that a team goes 10-6 and comes in last place in the division.

The Giants beat the Redskins (They should have won if their secondary knew how to catch) and the Rams...

The Redskins first game, with new offensive system, with new head coach...

Can't blame them for coming out flat offensively... Not considering in the good defense that the Giants have...

The Rams... nuff said...

The Giants got lucky in week one and they did what all other 31 team could... Beat the most pathetic team in the NFL...

Their 2-0 record is less impressive than some 0-2 records...

Right now we're an average football team. The eagles, giants, and cowboys aren't just above-average teams, they are some of the best teams in the league. Unless we beat them, we don't deserve anything better than being the 4th team in the best division in football. Right now it doesn't look like we can beat them, so we'll have to prove it before we get more "love."

ESPN is correct...

It is INDEED a THREE TEAM RACE... Unfortunately, they got the teams wrong...

Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins...

Giants won't sniff .500 this year...

I hope so because many an NFL expert and fan believe that at the end of December the NFC will look like this:

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Green Bay Packers

3. New Orleans Saints

4. Arizona Cardinals

5. Philadelphia Eagles

6. New York Giants

And that it can't happen any other way so teams not listed above might as well not even try.

The eagles, giants, and cowboys aren't just above-average teams, they are some of the best teams in the league.

I'm curious as to how from last year to this year the gap between the Redskins and the Eagles (with the Redskins on top) not only closed but even opened again with this time the Eagles on top and so much further ahead. I really hope it's not because they beat the Rams and scored 37 on the Cowboys.

I am not trying to say that the Redskins are better than the other teams in the NFC East but I would like to contend that the gap between the Skins and the Eagles, Giants, and even Cowboys is not nearly as big as the media has blown it up to be.

I do not disagree with his answer. We are rather inconsistent which is bothersome. Plus you never know which redskins team is going to show up each week.

For an example with Moss as one example. Is he going to be a factor or is he not? Each game it is a toss up...

Same with Campbell which could be directly related to the Moss factor.

LOL at people getting offended.

The guy was spot on.

Of course he calls out of receivers - James Thrash is our ****ing #3. He's not seeing the field except for special teams on almost any other NFL team barring injury.

The OL has looked suspect in the preseason and game 1, game 2 was a step up but they need to play more like that every week.

I'm curious as to how from last year to this year the gap between the Redskins and the Eagles (with the Redskins on top) not only closed but even opened again with this time the Eagles on top and so much further ahead. I really hope it's not because they beat the Rams and scored 37 on the Cowboys.

I am not trying to say that the Redskins are better than the other teams in the NFC East but I would like to contend that the gap between the Skins and the Eagles, Giants, and even Cowboys is not nearly as big as the media has blown it up to be.

I've wondered about that myself. I keep hearing that it's because McNabb is finally healthy. But when that same point is brought up about the Redskins offensive line they always mention that it is injury prone. Why isn't McNabb injury prone? I mean the guy has only played a full season three times in his ten years in the league.

Archived