Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Chat on NFC EAST

shk75

Wow I actually got one of my questions answered. I cannot say that I disagree but still I want more love.

Steve (Washington DC): Every time we hear about the NFC East its the same thing "there are three teams that are a threat." Where is the love for the Redskins? They have made the playoffs two out of the last 3 years...have won a playoff game...and have a talented roster.

sn2.gifMatt Mosley: (12:08 PM ET ) I hear ya Steve. I think there's just a belief that the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants are on a different plane than the Redskins right now -- and I can't argue with that. I think even Redskins fans are taking a wait and see approach with how this team will respond to Jim Zorn and his new offense. First week, things looked bleak. But that was a big win against the Saints -- no matter how banged up they were.

If you want to know why I have the Redskins fourth in the league, it's because I don't have much faith in their O-line and wide receivers. But if it's any solace, they would win the NFC West and maybe even the South.

I like how they always seem to mention how "banged up" the Saints were. They never seem to mention we had 2 starters out and another with a gimpy knee and then that same player was playing on a bad ankle.

Want to go even further? How about how we lost practically our whole offensive line, starting QB, Sean Taylor, injured receivers all year and we still made the playoffs last year!

He does not have much faith in our wide receivers? I would make a strong case that Santana Moss is the 2nd best receiver in the division behind TO. Giants fans would shout for Plaxico for number 2 and he is certainly a better possesion receiver but MOss has more big play potential IMO.

ARe is decent number #2 and a very good #3 - we just need the two rookies to develop - or one of them at a pinch- and we are set fair at WR. In much better shape than Dallas IMO for example (watch the Witten situation with interest if he is hobbled by the shoulder TO will be seeing triple coverage most plays).

O'line played well against the Saints - staying healthy will be key but that applies to every team in the NFL. Just ask the Colts and Jags for example.

I can understand why we are picked 4th though - the other 3 teams have looked more consistent on offense than us so far and Zorn is a rookie coach etc. Its early - Sunday against the Cards will tell us a lot about where we stand.

Sounds fair enough to me, at least right now. Just about how I feel.

But, and this is a big one- it is a very long season. A lot can happen. 1 or 2 key injuries can turn the entire division on its head. This time last year the Giants were 0-2 and already written off.

I think it's a pretty respectable response. A week ago, we were just about done with the season. Then we have the big win again N.O.. I think I still feel a wait and see approach. I'm much more optimistic than I was a week ago, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. The other 3 in our division have played 2 complete games. We've really only shown up for one.

Sounds fair enough to me, at least right now. Just about how I feel.

But, and this is a big one- it is a very long season. A lot can happen. 1 or 2 key injuries can turn the entire division on its head. This time last year the Giants were 0-2 and already written off.

pretty much.

the season is still young and many things can change in the course of the next 15 weeks.

I like how they always seem to mention how "banged up" the Saints were. They never seem to mention we had 2 starters out and another with a gimpy knee and then that same player was playing on a bad ankle.

Want to go even further? How about how we lost practically our whole offensive line, starting QB, Sean Taylor, injured receivers all year and we still made the playoffs last year!

Plaxico is definitely better than Moss right now. He dominated that game on 9/4...in my opinion, even more so than Jacobs.

Moss is very good, but Plax is the second-best WR in the division easily.

Plaxico is definitely better than Moss right now. He dominated that game on 9/4...in my opinion, even more so than Jacobs.

Moss is very good, but Plax is the second-best WR in the division easily.

I totally agree with you. My point is that when they give us credit for a win, they never fail to mention how depleted the other team was due to injuries but seem to forget we were absent 2 starters in that same game.

They always give us that little dig when they are forced to give us credit for a win.

Yes, it was a fair answer as we still don't know what this team can do on a consistent basis each week but enough with the digs. That was a damn good win, period.....:cheers:

I don't blame the football world for thinking that we're the worst in the NFCE at the moment. I'd like a little more respect (such as failing to mention that we had injuries as well as NO), but the NO game was just one game. There isn't a lot of film on our O yet, so it remains to be seen if we can repeatedly deliver last week's O performance.

But by all mean, let us fly under the radar.

Wow I actually got one of my questions answered. I cannot say that I disagree but still I want more love.

Steve (Washington DC): Every time we hear about the NFC East its the same thing "there are three teams that are a threat." Where is the love for the Redskins? They have made the playoffs two out of the last 3 years...have won a playoff game...and have a talented roster.

sn2.gifMatt Mosley: (12:08 PM ET ) I hear ya Steve. I think there's just a belief that the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants are on a different plane than the Redskins right now -- and I can't argue with that. I think even Redskins fans are taking a wait and see approach with how this team will respond to Jim Zorn and his new offense. First week, things looked bleak. But that was a big win against the Saints -- no matter how banged up they were.

If you want to know why I have the Redskins fourth in the league, it's because I don't have much faith in their O-line and wide receivers. But if it's any solace, they would win the NFC West and maybe even the South.

sweet sig man, don't see many mf doom fans around here, dude is real hip hop. But anyways, let the espn haters keep sleeping on us.

Archived