Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recent Obama Ads More Negative Than McCain's - Washingtonpost.com

TrumanB

So much for the outcry from the liberals that McCain has been running a dirty campaign. Let's see what excuses the liberals will have on this one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/17/AR2008091703581.html

Excerpt:

"Despite perceptions that Sen. John McCain has spent more time on the attack, Sen. Barack Obama aired more negative advertising last week than did the Arizona Republican, says a study released yesterday.

Seventy-seven percent of the Illinois Democrat's commercials were negative during the week after the Republican National Convention, compared with 56 percent of the spots run by McCain."

Good! I've been screaming for him to punch back for months. The situation is simple, negative campaigning works and if your opponent goes there (after saying he won't) he leaves you no choice. You can't watch him gain in the polls while lying every chance he gets and not punch back.

It's time for Obama to go hard and finish this fight.

There is a clear difference between negative and dirty.

Seems Republicans can dish it out but they can't take it. When a liberal fights fire with fire they become dumbfounded.

Hey, I have no problem with. I just don't want to hear any more whiny liberals saying that McCain is running a negative campaign.

There is a clear difference between negative and dirty.

Seems Republicans can dish it out but they can't take it. When a liberal fights fire with fire they become dumbfounded.

At this stage in the fight it doesn't matter what republicans think. Their plan for America is a failure and it's time for them to lose power and watch from the sidelines. The only thing that matters now is that Obama doesn't sell out like McCain did while gaining in the polls.

At this stage in the fight it doesn't matter what republicans think. Their plan for America is a failure and it's time for them to lose power and watch from the sidelines. The only thing that matters now is that Obama doesn't sell out like McCain did while gaining in the polls.

Obama sold out a long time ago.

He is just trying to keep some of you broke idiots that are willing to support someone who does not support you from making the M/P choice. Instead of complaining you better be listening to him before you end digging holes in your back yard to keep your money. GOP has screwed up this country not only here but in the world. IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE.

He is just trying to keep some of you broke idiots that are willing to support someone who does not support you from making the M/P choice. Instead of complaining you better be listening to him before you end digging holes in your back yard to keep your money. GOP has screwed up this country not only here but in the world. IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE.

If the country is dumb enough to vote another Republican into office after what the last 8 years have brought us then we deserve whatever economic struggles come with it.

Two things stand out ( number 2 is a bigger issue that involves many things)

1. The "compromise" on fisa

2. The hardcore move to the right on foreign policy ( the selection of Biden, blatant pandering to AIPAC, etc)

Compromise is Good Governance. Reagan compromised, Clinton compromised. That's what good Presidents do.

So now Obama is to the right on foreign policy? Tell that to the Republicans who read the NY Post lol.

I agree. Over the last week, Obama has begun upping his quantity of mud. Sadly, it looks like it's political reality.

I guess there is comfort in that there is still a difference between mud and BS, but even those lines are pretty blurry. I hate this part of the campaign. You know, there were issues that people and candidates talked about once.

Compromise is Good Governance. Reagan compromised, Clinton compromised. That's what good Presidents do.

So now Obama is to the right on foreign policy? Tell that to the Republicans who read the NY Post lol.

I not a fan of compromise for the sake of compromise, it's not always a good thing. Civil liberties should never be compromised.

Sure McCain may be more right that Obama when it comes to foreign policy, but yes Obama is on the right when it comes to foreign policy. The entire establishment is (which he is a part of it). The NY post beef is that he isn't neoconservative enough.

Archived