Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins' Campbell Is Playing It Cool

brandymac27

One can only hope. It remains to be seen whether he can put it all together here in DC but it really bothers me the people who make it obvious they WANT the guy to fail.

Unlike a lot of first round QB's, Campbell has done everything the right way since he got here to DC. He put in countless hours in the film room and really has done his best to make himself a part of the DC community.

I respect the hell out of the guy for that alone and I am really pulling for him to put all his skills together and become the QB many of us feel he can be.

You couldn't have said it better. :applause: JC is the man on and off the field.

I wonder how many of those people who were booing him and saying "derogatory" remarks towards him showed up at CC last night to get his autograph. Bunch of hypocrits and shame on them if they did

:cheers:

I thought JC audibled that last play to Santana?

I don't think he audibled in the traditional sense (completely changing the play), but I believe what he did do was change the protection at the LOS once he read the coverage. IMO that is HUGE. He seems to be getting better and better at reading defenses which is something that people have knocked him for in the past.

Consistency, consistency! One game at a time. He played a pretty good game last week so let's see how he does this Sunday.

I've been very critical of JC but I want to win every game and if JC is our starter, I want him to perform better each week.

Let's tear it up this Sunday against the Cards! Hail to the Redskins! 2 wins 1 loss in week 3!

Campbell:

"I've never understood what makes people think that booing a young athlete, or being down on them, is going to help someone perform better. It's crazy. Everyone has their own opinions about things, everyone does things differently, and that's fine. But when guys are younger in their careers, you want to encourage 'em and try to get 'em on the right track. That's what I always try to do."

Word. I hate the booing.

...One thing I noticed this sunday was that his voice at the line of scrimmage was BOOMING, it sounded proportionally louder and I saw a lot of saints defensive line movement when he was barking...

Yeah I noticed that too. You could hear him over all the noise. I also agree with the earlier point about sticking with the QB when he has the support of his teammates. If the guys in the trenches believe in you then the fans should as well.

Good article...I have always hoped the best for JC. I have sometimes wondered if he has "it." Sunday was a great step in the right direction. I hope we see more of the same. Having the confidence of his teammates is huge....if they have confidence in him no rerason we shouldn't. I think he could catch fire very easily with a good performance over the next several games.

I've been hard on Campbell but nothing would make me happier than to see him develop into our franchise QB for 10+ years. But we need to see more consistency. He's had good games in the past followed by subpar ones.

Exactly. We've seen what he can do but we need to see it on a more consistent basis especially in the fourth quarter.

Archived