Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports: Arizona vs. Washington Notes/History

iMeast

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8574130#cardinals

CARDINALS (2-0) AT REDSKINS (1-1)

-Arizona defeated Miami, 31-10, on Sunday and improved to 2-0 for the first time since 1991. The Cardinals have now won four straight dating to last season, outscoring opponents by a combined 132-69 in the process.

-The Redskins scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns and rallied to defeat New Orleans, 29-24, in Week 2. Washington has won three straight home games and five of its last six regular-season contests overall.

-Including a 21-19 win last October, the 'Skins have beaten the Cards six straight times. The last time that Arizona beat Washington was November 5, 2000 (a 16-15 win in Arizona).

-Jason Campbell had one of the best days in his short career last Sunday, throwing for 321 yards and posting a 104.1 rating in the process. The 'Skins quarterback now has three 100+ rating games and three 300+ yard passing games in 22 career starts.

-Including last Sunday's 361-yard performance, Kurt Warner has topped the 300-yard mark in five of his last eight games and has 2,450 yards and 20 touchdowns since Thanksgiving Weekend in 2007 — both numbers are best in the league.

-Arizona has held its first two opponents in 2008 to 23 points combined. The last time a Cardinal team allowed fewer points in its first two games of any season was 1977 (20 points allowed).

- Including two scores in Week 2 against New Orleans, Clinton Portis has scored 15 rushing touchdowns in his last 14 home games.

-Washington quarterbacks haven't thrown an interception since December 2, 2007 vs. Buffalo. The stretch of 191 pass attempts without a pick is currently the longest active streak in football.

Should be a fun game guys!

Also the Redskins lead the series 73-44-2 :cardsuck:

HTTR

Yeah the Cards offense has a loaded passing attack, but the running game hasn't looked good at all against some terrible teams. I think if the Redskins can make them one-dimensional and if they can get to Warner things could be over. :cardsuck:

HTTR

the run game doesn't worry me either except inside the 10 or so; hightower is going to be a TD machine. if we get pressure with our front 4 consistenly and are able to get hits and sacks on warner he will make mistakes. if we can get pressure with the front 4 that will allows us to keep 7 in coverage and nuetralize their passing attack.

New Orleans offense = not impressive?

I know New Orleans was tooted as being a high-powered offense coming into Washington last week too, but they were missing their biggest receiving threat. Boldin and Fitzgerald won't be push overs in the least and their receiving crew put up decent numbers on the same secondary the Redskins had last year only this year the Skins are minus the great late Sean Taylor :-(. :cardsuck:

Receiving numbers from last year:

Receiving REC YDS TD LG

L. Fitzgerald 6 97 0 43

J. Arrington 4 47 0 29

J. Urban 3 41 0 22

L. Pope 3 35 1 22

A. Boldin 8 29 2 10

B. Johnson 3 27 0 15

M. Shipp 1 7 0 7

HTTR

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8574130#cardinals

-Washington quarterbacks haven't thrown an interception since December 2, 2007 vs. Buffalo. The stretch of 191 pass attempts without a pick is currently the longest active streak in football.

That's an impressive mark that we should keep going. I know Campbell is personally committed to this streak. He makes wise decisions with the ball.

But wait! Theres more!

For the record this article just get me even MORE PUMPED UP FOR THIS SUNDAY!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory;jsessionid=45327E513DD87C0F2A6BFA4A849B83A3?contentId=8579216&verification=true#sport=NFL&photo=8571488

"Arizona is the new contender in the NFC West. Washington is in danger of becoming an afterthought in the crowded NFC East. Kurt Warner is up to his old tricks with the Cardinals thanks to a pair of dynamic receivers. The Redskins are struggling to score and now face a defense that has allowed just 23 points in two games."

29 points is struggling to score? Oh my bad, he must have been talking about his own problems.

i cant wait to play my cd i made on sunday... strictly all football related. cant wait to bump it and feel it going to vietnamese coffee shop to watch the game

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but this struck me as a hilarious post. I have so many questions now. What does a football cd sound like? what do you mean by bumping and feeling it? What in the world is a Vietnamese coffee shop? Why would you want to go there to watch a football game?

Consider my world view expanded after reading this.

not to defend a medidot however he may be aluding to us moving the ball very well but not punching it in. he is probally still a douchebag though

I realize that, but after just 2 games he says "Washington is in danger of becoming an afterthought in the crowded NFC East."

That is just kind of rediculous if you ask me.

Archived