Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Nation

dwbiggs

Larry DID "out" LaCanLoser by name a few weeks ago when JLC tried to snitch on Vinny.

Second I believe Larry Micheal was referring to Jason Reid who (on Wed or Thrus) made a sarcastic remark about Larry Micheal on Washington Post Live. Jason is La Can Loser's friend.

Ah, ok, Jason Reid makes sense.

Crap show indeed. It's like watching a bad public access show late at night. They tried to spice it up with that cheerleader but that can't help. Bram Weinstein carried Larry for a long time and now that he's moved onward and upward the true Larry Michael comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, during the week after the Redskins win, you could pretty much slip the word "Redskins" in a Teletubbies episode, and I'd watch it. And yet, I find Redskins Nation exquisitely dreadful. It's simply one of the least entertaining programs ever to hit the airwaves.

Thing is, I want so much for it to be the 30 minute joy ride of pure bliss that it could and should be. I mean, what great idea - a daily show completely dedicated to all things Redskins, produced by Redskins insiders. I often tune in, thinking "maybe it will be good this time".

But it's never good. It's never, ever been slightly good.

Specific gripes:

As someone mentioned, the source meter is just asinine. It's never explained properly, and the whole thing comes off like a bunch of grade school nonsense.

Either all the people who email the show are exceptionally idiotic, or Larry has a special talent for picking the worst of the worst. He says "let's check out our fan questions via email. Here's one from JoJo from Herndon who writes 'Larry, love the show, give a shout out to my boy Sammy from DC.' Thanks for the great email, JoJo." I wish that were an exaggeration. Was there a question in there, somewhere?

The "analysis" is only slightly more insightful than you might find from a guy named "Big Ollie", sitting on bar stool, after 34 cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I say this not to whine and moan, but in hopes that Larry Michael actually does read this site and is inspired to make the show slightly less insipid.

Either all the people who email the show are exceptionally idiotic, or Larry has a special talent for picking the worst of the worst. He says "let's check out our fan questions via email. Here's one from JoJo from Herndon who writes 'Larry, love the show, give a shout out to my boy Sammy from DC.' Thanks for the great email, JoJo." I wish that were an exaggeration. Was there a question in there, somewhere?

I'll agree with that. I really doubt Larry reads the emails prior to the one and only cut of the show since many times he'll stumble around reading it since the emailer's grammar sucks. It seems like 75% of the emailers tell Larry how great of a job he's doing and to not listen to the haters.

Luckily it looks like the Source Meter may be dying down. I don't think they had it a few times this week. Of course, Larry made sure to blast Jason Reid a few times.

Who in the hell was that boxer that was picking the games against Larry today? Is that really the best the show can do? LOL.

I totally do not get the "source meter" at all. I've only watched the show a handful of times, though. Usually the humming audio is just too much and I turn it off. I don't dislike Larry, but I miss Bram. He was pretty cool and he would always email me back if I sent him a question.

Would anyone care to explain the "source meter"?

Would anyone care to explain the "source meter"?

As best I can understand it:

When the news outlets that cover the Redskins - in particular, the Washington Post - give information on the Redskins based on "sources", but don't say exactly who the sources are, Larry Michael gets cranky.

His ire seems directed mostly at Skins reporter Jason LaCanfora. It really got cranked up when JLC wrote an article about Cerrato's wheelings & dealings to get Jason Taylor from Miami. He made a big deal about the fact that Cerrato wasn't completely honest with the media about all the details, especially prior to the deal being made. (It was IMO a stupid tack to take by JLC, because obviously in those types of situations, you can't lay all your cards on the table by blabbing all the details to the press beforehand.)

So in summary: if JLC writes an article which is critical of the Redskins, and that article contains the phrase "according to sources with knowledge of the situation", the source meter will be off the chart the following day (which it seems to always be anyway). Then Larry Michael will make some oblique reference to "The source-erer", and the whole thing will seem really, really dumb.

So in summary: if JLC writes an article which is critical of the Redskins, and that article contains the phrase "according to sources with knowledge of the situation", the source meter will be off the chart the following day (which it seems to always be anyway). Then Larry Michael will make some oblique reference to "The source-erer", and the whole thing will seem really, really dumb.

Good explanation. The problem I have with the meter is that is doesn't make sense. Initially, it was always high because JLC was using sources (which EVERY SINGLE REPORTER IN EVERY SINGLE FIELD USES). Then he stopped using sources, but made a ton of posts on his blog. The "Source" Meter was still off the charts. I thought maybe it should be changed to the "JLC Meter." Then there was a period when he didn't use sources, didn't make many posts on the blog, and it was still 'high.'

Bring back Redskins sidelines !!!!!

I really really wish LM had never taken over.I hate his RADIO GOD voice and if he is on the air...The program is sure to look like a high school production.

I don't think you have to be considered ANTI-REDSKIN to hate LM.

I can think of many guys who would be better(on AIR) than LM.Ok...anybody would be better.

I don't know how he is off the air...Maybe he is great and somehow that makes up for his sucking On-air.

Sonny,Frank,George M,John R,Joe T,Charles M,chic H,Ken H All are better ON-Air talent...and some of them aren't great.

I have started to have a physical negative reaction to BOTH JLC and LM. Which is odd. Opposite ends of the spectrum, and they both suck uncontrollably. The pissing contest between the 'Skins and the Washington Post just needs to end. Somebody has to man up and get over it.

There was some post about Snyder having something to do with the show. I can't imagine that he does. This whole thing has LM's fingerprints all over it.

I was in England during the Giants game this year, and was listening to the Radio Broadcast on line. It was so awful, I turned it off. I preferred to MISS THE GAME rather than listen to LM.

I am hoping and praying that the rumor that Mike Patrick, Joe T. and Riggo take over next year.

Larry reminds me of a New Jersey Sopranos character. He has this slick-back, greasy hair and just stares at the TV camera. Coach Zorn could be sitting 2 ft away and all LM can do is ask stupid questions staring at the camera. He is so unnatural and pathetic.

Who in the hell was that boxer that was picking the games against Larry today? Is that really the best the show can do? LOL.
Local fighter Jimmy Lange. He'll be at the Patriot Center one week from today. Didn't know he was a Skins fan :cool:

And I'm sure he could kick YOUR ass :redpunch: :silly:

Watch Larry when he interviews a player. When asking a question, he'll look straight into the camera, he never looks at the person being interviewed. Annoying as hell and unprofessional. You would guess that after so many years in the broadcasting business, he'd get it by now. He has no clue.

Which brings me to not like Larry as our play by play guy. He's bland, he's irritating and when he gets excited over a 2 yard gain, I just shake my head and wonder why in GODS name did they let Frank Herzog go? Maybe Larry stocked up on the knee pads or something and Frank just said, the hell with this...:doh:

Local fighter Jimmy Lange. He'll be at the Patriot Center one week from today. Didn't know he was a Skins fan :cool:

And I'm sure he could kick YOUR ass :redpunch: :silly:

Seeing as how he's a professional, I'm sure he could beat me down, but that doesn't change my assessment of the show though. It speaks volumes that the best 'celebrity' this REDSKINS FOOTBALL SHOW can get to go against Larry is some no name fighter.

What do you guys think of Matt Terl on camera (he's a great blogger)? I like him. He has a sense of humor very similar to mine. I wish they would get him on Fridays instead of Justin Jackson.

Archived