Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Malcom Kelly hurt in the game???!

hunterx

Because he is a rookie receiver and he missed half of training camp. I have a very strong feeling that either Thomas or Kelly is going to be making some major contributions by the end of this season.

Well I think they're both going to be busts. Kelly has the size to be a major contributor for Campbell, but playing a game or two between injuries won't do much good.

Yall are real quick to jump at any bone thrown (good or bad). Every team puts out any injury big or small after every game. Until the Tuesday or Weds report, its nothing. relax. I wore new shoes to work today and now have a blister.... i dont know if i can make it in tmr.

Benching him was smart. Something as simple as a sprained ankle can cause your body to overcompensate in other areas. With his knee still delicate it's best to play it safe.

Another ***** about a sprained ankle is how long they last. I rolled mine something fierce in basic training way back in the day. Like two years later I was still feeling the effects, continuing to re-roll it from time to time. It felt ok but it was so weak. I had to eventually go to physical therapy and couldn't play basketball for the longest.

I'm sure the Skins staff has him hooked up nice though.

I dont know. I guess i look at Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Desean Jackson, and Eddie Royal among others, and wonder why we picked Kelly or Thomas. Kelly has the body of an 80 year old. Bad knees, bad ankles... he's gonna need a hip replacement next season. Didnt he have two knee surguries in college? Devin Thomas is Invisible come game time, and looks like he is scared of contact to me. Im frustrated because IMHO we should have put Kelly on IR and let his brittle body heal on the shelf for a season, and it would give him time to absorb Zorn's offense. With that extra roster spot we could have kept McMullin, or heck... Derrick Mason for punt returns (somewhat sarcastic comment).

Somebody gave him a really low tackle and flipped him, if I remember correctly. I think he took a helmet right to that ankle. I don't think that's a toughness issue or part of his normal injury woes. There's nothing recorded as being wrong with his ankle - the knees are his problem area.

I sympathize with the guy. I sprained my ankle back in August and that really sucks when you're walking, let alone trying to make a quick cut on a slant or a fade route in a contact sport.

I dont know. I guess i look at Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Desean Jackson, and Eddie Royal among others, and wonder why we picked Kelly or Thomas. Kelly has the body of an 80 year old. Bad knees, bad ankles... he's gonna need a hip replacement next season. Didnt he have two knee surguries in college? Devin Thomas is Invisible come game time, and looks like he is scared of contact to me. Im frustrated because IMHO we should have put Kelly on IR and let his brittle body heal on the shelf for a season, and it would give him time to absorb Zorn's offense. With that extra roster spot we could have kept McMullin, or heck... Derrick Mason for punt returns (somewhat sarcastic comment).

You mean Marcus Mason? ;)

Yeah, but did he have the TERRIBLE knee(s) during those years???? Please say yes......

If he had bad knees during college it certaintly did not effect his play or cause him to miss games. Like I said, he started 13 games in both 06' and 07'. I'd have to check, but I think he had 9 TD's one year and 10 the other.

I watched a few OK games, and Kelly always performed. Despite his large frame he showed good separation. I never saw him drop a pass, either. If he did have terrible knees during college it didn't show on Saturday's.

Remember, prior to Kelly's slow 40 time he was projected as the top WR in the draft, mocked as high as #11 overall to Buffalo. And Kiper called him the most NFL ready receiver prior to the draft.

The ankle injury was a result of a hard shot and doesn't look to be serious. I would expect Kelly to be back on the field next week, if not this Sunday.

Horrible draft pick.

How do you know already? Can you tell me this week's winning lotto #'s too?

];5547268']Whenever the hell he does get healthy' date=' I think he'll make a huge impact. A 6'4 reciever in teh red zone? Plus Thomas AND Cooley? We could do that draw play once a game if Kelly establishes himself as a redzone threat.[/quote']

Agreed. I can't wait for him to get healthy so we can throw fades to him in the red zone too. That slant play he ran (and that we ran with Moss too) is a damn good play on 3rd and short or 4th and short.

We converted both times we ran it.

Archived