Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most important part of today's game IMO...

cahones01

was the reaction and look on the face of Jason Campbell after the touchdown pass to Santana Moss. First, I've never seen him actually celebrate that much after a touchdown. He's always been very serious and very straight faced on the field. I loved seeing him show some emotion. Secondly, and what I think is most important, was the look on his face when he turned and faced the sidelines. That look spoke volumes to me. Elation, confidence, and a little bit of anger mixed together. It was almost like he was thinking "in your damn face!" to all of his critics. That's the look and the attitude we need him to have. It will only lead to great things for this team.

I can understand why he would have that reaction. How many times last year did he and Santana "almost" connect on the deep ball? How many people would trash Jason because they said he couldn't lead his team from victory, didn't have that "clutch" capability. Now he's finally gotten that game under his belt. A great game, that he won.

Yeah I am happy for JC. He has put up with alot of **** and needs something to go his way. Now he just has to move on and get back to it for the Cards!

Personally, I didn't mind that stare down. It was obvious where he was going and they didn't have a chance to catch it. Think they knew the mismatch as soon as they lined up. Now some of the other times.

was the reaction and look on the face of Jason Campbell after the touchdown pass to Santana Moss. First, I've never seen him actually celebrate that much after a touchdown. He's always been very serious and very straight faced on the field. I loved seeing him show some emotion. Secondly, and what I think is most important, was the look on his face when he turned and faced the sidelines. That look spoke volumes to me. Elation, confidence, and a little bit of anger mixed together. It was almost like he was thinking "in your damn face!" to all of his critics. That's the look and the attitude we need him to have. It will only lead to great things for this team.

Awesome thread. Colt Brennan may be to Jason what Durrant Brooks was to Frost! I have no desire to throw Brennan into the mix, If Jason can make his plays then I would love to have him.

And I agree with Califan007. He is starting to seem more raw. Gibbs probably made him too humble, now he's starting to show his true colors, a competitor? I think so.

It is your opinion, but if you think that was the MOST IMPORTANT part of today's game over Horton's ints and fumble recovery, Landry broken passes, the offensive line play, Portis' running game, Jason Campbell's performance, the play calling, Cooley, Moss, Jason Taylor, Rocky McIntosh, Fletcher, and other individuals performances or plays, then I don't know what to think...

I didn't like that Jason stared down Moss on that play, but that TD was exactly what JC and this team needed. He was able to use Cooley this week, and actually had 9 different receivers. CP's game opened up a little, and we had NO INJURIES. That I know of.

Stared down Moss? First off, it was a Go route that had a high chance of success, so you gotta stick with while it develops. Secondly, he friggin escaped a DT who got in his face, and within a split second hit Moss in perfect stride for the TD.

NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THAT PLAY. NOTHING.

I know you're trying to be balanced, but there's nothing on that play you can complain about besides Kendall not getting that great of a block on his guy. That was the type of elite QB play we've been looking for from JC. The question is can he do it consistently.

Converting that 2nd and 22 to Cooley in the 4th qtr was kinda big

Yup... that, to me, was the play of the game along with the bomb to Moss. We just haven't been able to overcome those type of losses, and we just haven't seen Campbell hit Moss deep. Now that we've done it, it'll just make it easier to do it again.

I think people are arguing two different points. It certainly seem that the OP is referencing that moment as an important point in JC's development and direction of the Redskins season. It certainly was not the most important moment in this game. I think the caught TD pass that happened moments before was a wee bit more important. But what a big day for JC, Moss, and Zorn today. Let's hope we see similar production next week.

Archived