Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pity from other fans

skinsfan1523

Actually, yes. I had a Vikings fan, of all people, say they felt sorry for me because the team was really trying to improve, but never would with our QB. He was actually trying to be nice, so I didn't want to just be a jerk and start comparing QB's with him. Whatever.

Nobody has said much to me.

The day after a couple people asked what happened...I said well we lost to the Super Bowl Champs in their building....and we had a rookie head coach. I wasnt shocked nor should anyone be at that outcome.

Unfortunatly we werent given the Rams or Browns or Lions etc..to beat up on week 1.

I think we will bounce back this week and sneak by the Saints.

This is the lowest I have EVER seen fan morale for this franchise. Its absurd. We got beat by the Champs and people are jumping off bridges.

Last year we needed OT to beat the Phins which was SAD but the place wasnt 1/10th as down as it is right now. 2006 Opening Night game against the Vikes we looked horrid too....but this place wasnt in suicide watch compared to now.

Dont mind me im just venting....we arent as bad as what we showed. People need to relax and give the offense time to develop...its not going to look like a well-oiled machine week 1 @ the Super Bowl Champs of all places.

Has this been happening to anyone else? I'm used to talking crap with other fans at my work, but lately I haven't been hearing it, all I have been hearing is pity from them. Even the cowboy and giant fans are not joking me like they usually would. Has this been happening to anyone else?

For me, I seem to take their thunder away, because they see how pissed I am about the sad state of affairs here in Redskin land.

They also know what happened last year and that our defense is formidiable against anyone.

Last year we needed OT to beat the Phins which was SAD but the place wasnt 1/10th has down as it is right now. 2006 Opening Night game against the Vikes we looked horrid too....but this place wasnt in suicide watch compared to now.

Personally, I think having Gibbs around helped the last few years. At least we had a history to fall back on. Now we only have the unknown. And for me, I fear that Danny now has a small-name coach that he can impose his will on when the times get rough.

Snyders going to impose his will? And do what? Make the team win?

Is he going to fire Zorn week 8 and call it a wrap?

If we need to make personell changes after the season is over if we have a 4,5 or 6 win season then so be it....we should try to make some upgrades.

Danny hired Zorn...he will give Zorn time since he was handpicked. He isnt going anywhere this year or next.

Snyders going to impose his will? And do what? Make the team win?
This would be a nice start. But if he could do this, he certainly would have done so by now.
Is he going to fire Zorn week 8 and call it a wrap?
I never said he was going to fire him. But now that you mention it, he's done it before.
If we need to make personell changes after the season is over if we have a 4,5 or 6 win season then so be it....we should try to make some upgrades.
This team again will be up against the cap next year, and only has 4 picks in the draft. Upgrades will be hard to come by. Sure, they can restructure contracts again, but this is the strategy that leads to a $9m per year RT on the bench.
Danny hired Zorn...he will give Zorn time since he was handpicked. He isnt going anywhere this year or next.

Again, I never said Zorn would be fired, and I think he will (and should) be give a chance. But stating that the owner of this team has a history of meddling on coaches is not exactly breaking new ground. No, he couldn't do so with Gibbs. But yes, he has a history.

Actually, yes. I had a Vikings fan, of all people, say they felt sorry for me because the team was really trying to improve, but never would with our QB. He was actually trying to be nice, so I didn't want to just be a jerk and start comparing QB's with him. Whatever.

Now that's funny

I don't get pity because I don't give pity. We're still the WASHINGTON FREAKIN' REDSKINS, BABY!!! I tell the Giants fans (who I actually gave credit to during the paloffs last year) that they had a good game, and we got some work to do, but they know we'll be seeing them again, and they're all like "yeah, we know".

Pity? I'd probably pee on that guys car if I got some from somebody!!!

JB

This would be a nice start. But if he could do this, he certainly would have done so by now.

I never said he was going to fire him. But now that you mention it, he's done it before.

This team again will be up against the cap next year, and only has 4 picks in the draft. Upgrades will be hard to come by. Sure, they can restructure contracts again, but this is the strategy that leads to a $9m per year RT on the bench.

Again, I never said Zorn would be fired, and I think he will (and should) be give a chance. But stating that the owner of this team has a history of meddling on coaches is not exactly breaking new ground. No, he couldn't do so with Gibbs. But yes, he has a history.

Those are all fantastic responses...but what does "I FEAR SNYDER WILL IMPOSE HIS WILL" mean? Just wondering.

I feared that I would endure a load of ****, being around all these stupid Seahawk fans. But one guy at work admitted Friday that he was nervous. Well, with the Hawks getting their asses handed to them, much worse than the skins btw, no one around here has said much.

I'm not jumping off a bridge anytime soon, that was only one game.

A Vikings fan talking trash about the Jason Campbell?

That's hilarious considering if the Vikings had a guy like Campbell that might put them over the top. Campbell can at least do what a QB is supposed to do - throw the damn ball.

Jackson is probably the worst QB in the entire NFL and is holding that team back from being a contender.

Those are all fantastic responses...but what does "I FEAR SNYDER WILL IMPOSE HIS WILL" mean? Just wondering.

To me, when a boss gets imposes his will (in small letters) when he perhaps does not know as much as the person he is imposing it on, it equals meddling.

I am getting the pity too. We lost Sean Taylor, Joe Gibbs, and now everything is back in pandemonium. All three teams in the NFC East other than the Skins look good right now. We are the best group of fans of all of them. It's just sad. I wear Redskins shirts and people just shake their heads. Underachievers. That's all we ever get year in and year out.

Lack of smack talk from the poke fans around here is worse than pity. It implies we're not even worth mentioning and that makes my stomach feel quesy. Two out of the next four and I'm on board with some reasonable expectations again. 0-4 equals season over and a really rough fall/early winter. I just want to be competitive, even if we lose. I want people to not want to play us. I get the feeling now they could care less and that's worse than smack and it's worse than pity. It's called inconsequential and I don't like it.

Archived