Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders' Rams offense looks like '06 Skins

Awesome

For anyone who caught any of the Rams-Eagles game today, one thing should have been clear: the Skins made the right move in dumping Al Saunders. The Rams offense was abysmal, nothing worked. Granted, Philly's D was beast, but from the playcalling to the out-of-sync execution, the Rams could get nothing going.

It might take a while, but happy to have Zorn leading the offense and not Saunders.

For anyone who caught any of the Rams-Eagles game today, one thing should have been clear: the Skins made the right move in dumping Al Saunders. The Rams offense was abysmal, nothing worked. Granted, Philly's D was beast, but from the playcalling to the out-of-sync execution, the Rams could get nothing going.

It might take a while, but happy to have Zorn leading the offense and not Saunders.

Truth, they looked terrible against the Eagles. Only could mussle up 3 points.

To be fair, the Rams don't seem to have an O-Line and WRs, not to mention that the Eagles have an excellent secondary.

But, as bad as we looked on Thursday, the Rams looked far worse.

Jason

Once again, it takes more than one game for an offense to click. New schemes don't just hit their stride in one day.

Although, there is one easy solution to making an offense work right away. Having an elite receiver, or a sensational OL seems to speed up the process.

Best offensive line in the league, Tony Gonzalez, Trent Green, Priest Holmes, etc, etc.

Yeah, but how much of a big name was Trent Green and Priest Holmes before Saunders came there.

I feel it's a matter of time. New offensive schemes rarely work from day one.

I really expected his system to be great here. Probably the biggest disappointment of the entire Gibbs 2.0 era.

You look at what he did with the Chiefs. It was really incredible in that 5-year span. They were best in the NFL in about 5 or 6 categories, including yards and points.

Thats not a new offense to most of those players on the team. It was really bad play calling and they completely abandoned the run and most of the pass attempts were targeted towards Randy McMichaels.

Why isn't it a new offense? Seriously, you may be right, but I never heard that.

I agree there were terrible, disgusting calls, but as I've already said I'm not going to judge a new offense that quickly.

Archived