Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Track and field athlete drinking while competing

Spaceman Spiff

Red bulls n vodka: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfield/news/story?id=3571124

LAUSANNE, Switzerland -- Track and field's ruling body wants Ivan Ukhov to explain his conduct at the Athletissima meet in which rival high jumpers said the Russian had been drinking vodka and Red Bull during the competition.

Last time I checked alcohol ain't a performance enhancer unless you're a white guy trying to dance.

If I'm a rival high jumper of this idiot, I'm keeping my trap shut and passing the Grey Goose as fast as I can.

Theoretically, alcohol thins your blood, which could allow your circulatory system to deliver more oxygen to your muscles more quickly. Throw in whatever stimulants are in Red Bull and you might have a legit complaint.

I had an old platoon sergeant who used to do two shots of Jack and pop five aspirin before every PT test. ****er was more out of shape back then than I am now, but he never failed one. :)

Theoretically, alcohol thins your blood, which could allow your circulatory system to deliver more oxygen to your muscles more quickly. Throw in whatever stimulants are in Red Bull and you might have a legit complaint.

I had an old platoon sergeant who used to do two shots of Jack and pop five aspirin before every PT test. ****er was more out of shape back then than I am now, but he never failed one. :)

Yeah, but that doesn't matter if you can't see straight enough to get over the bar :ols:;)

I need to see this on youtube. I am imagining a drunken russian just stumbling through the bar without jumping.

Short version:

Longer version where he can't even get his track suit off:

And what he can do when he is sober - jumps about 6 feet doing a warm-up and does a backflip into his landing:

It used to be fairly normal for track stars to drink beer the night before.

Red Bull and stuff like that did not exist back then.

The theory is that you build your carbs that night before by drinking alcohol and eating pasta. The alcohol will burn itself off and help get rid of the excess waste in your system.

Archived