Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do the Redskins lift Weights?

HateYanksDukeCowboys

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not going to get into strategy and play calling, officiating, who's playing tentative, who's dropping passes and all that jazz. What truly troubled me most last night was the complete and utter lack of football's most basic fundamental. STRENGTH. Its been a LONG time since I've seen a team so dramatically manhandled by another team supposedly playing at the same level. It really reminded me of a Varsity/JV scrimmage where you can see the bigger stronger boys pushing the under-developed weakling JV boys all over the field. When we ran the ball their lineman pushed us backward. When they ran the ball their lineman pushed us backwards. It was truly embarrassing, and led me to wonder if our players have seen the inside of a weight room. Hence, the following questions:

:applause:

Can a thread be closed for mere stupidity? I guess that would eliminate half the threads started...but this one takes the cake:doh:

This what I hate about this board. There are a chosen few who feel they can determine what is put on this board. I am not speaking of sysops getting rid of vulgar or insulting threads. If you do not like the topic of the thread don't respond, just stay away.

Pappy

What's wrong with this thread? We were physically beaten in that game and that is a fact to anyone watching the game. Seems like anytime anything negative is said about the skins some ppl will simply call it a stupid thread instead of trying to argue the actual point in the thread. It is so easy to type a one liner saying this thread is stupid.

Go look at the coaches on the team. Take a look at their history. Safer to assume that the Redskins do lift weights than not. Watch the game a bit more closely, and you'll see that there is much more going on than just strength.

What's wrong with this thread? We were physically beaten in that game and that is a fact to anyone watching the game. Seems like anytime anything negative is said about the skins some ppl will simply call it a stupid thread instead of trying to argue the actual point in the thread. It is so easy to type a one liner saying this thread is stupid.

amen. disagree with my argument all you want, but calling the thread stupid just makes that person look, well, you know......

the fact remains we looked WEAK. yes, of course there is a lot more that goes into a game other than sheer strength, as park city mentioned. However, the premise of this poll/thread, as I stated in the O.P., was to address the glaringly obvious problem of their inherent weakness.

do they lift weights? of course they do. but apparently not NEARLY as much as the giants.

Being strong is not the only thing that defines good line play. If the technique is off, strength won't matter. If the O-linemen gets his hands inside and under your pads, you're meat. Ask Tony Mandarich or Robert Gallery if only strength matters. Manderich was the incredible bulk and got manhandled his whole career. Only when he roided down and learned some technique when he ended his career with the Colts, he was decent. Gallery has been a bust for the Raiders because he uses poor technique. Our very own Jeff Bostic was handsomely listed as 275lbs, but it was obvious he was a "little" HOG when compared to the others. But he used great technique to survive the trenches at a little more than 250lbs.

no GAIZ i dun thunk are playrz lift these "weightz"

with that being said, a whole lot of good it did him, he got torched inside all night. I think the point of the first few posts is that its a waste of time to discuss something thats blatantly obvious. Asking if the Redskins don't lift weights is like asking if you thought long and hard before making this thread, and considered the responses you would get.The answer is pretty obvious. Honestly what did you expect people to say? Did you expect them to pander to such a ridiculous question?

Guest sith lord
You're kidding right? I mean really.

But he has a point. We must have the weakest guys in the league. Up front we get pushed around and we can't tackle. It's been that way for years. Plus all the injuries our guys suffer. It does make you wonder what kind of physical training our guys go through.

no GAIZ i dun thunk are playrz lift these "weightz"

with that being said, a whole lot of good it did him, he got torched inside all night. I think the point of the first few posts is that its a waste of time to discuss something thats blatantly obvious. Asking if the Redskins don't lift weights is like asking if you thought long and hard before making this thread, and considered the responses you would get.The answer is pretty obvious. Honestly what did you expect people to say? Did you expect them to pander to such a ridiculous question?

So far half of the responses have been people who actually understand and agree with the point I am making while the other half (like you) have been ones taking things too literally. When you tell someone that you're "burning up" b/c you're hot do they get a fire extinguisher? My guess is no. They probably understand that you used an exaggerated analogy to make your point.

Ole' Bubba Tyer has the team do 50 invigorating squat thrusts every day then they drink 5 raw eggs after each practice. If they get hurt he just rubs them down with some cod oil liniment and gives them some of Mr. Burns' Brain and Nerve Tonic. We'll be fine! :applause:

Archived