Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sig Bet on Campbell...

2006Skins

• 1 month later...
Wonder if this guy even posts anymore? Who's laughing now? Where is your beloved superstar JC at bro?
Looks like I win. How about you have a crow picture in your sig.

JC with 25 TDs....lolololol What the hell were you guys smoking? Some of us saw his true talent (or lack thereof).

I will take and put on whatever signature that is recommended until the start of the next season. I have not disappeared, just been working a lot (tough economy has hurt sales). Please discuss and post the signature you wish. I will eat my crow, but I will say that JC's numbers were much closer than many would've guessed. I wish I would've been right, but I wasn't. And I will man up for that. Please post the sig or PM it to me.

I will eat my crow, but I will say that JC's numbers were much closer than many would've guessed.

Much closer to what?

His numbers were much closer to Colt Brennan's season numbers than they were to Drew Brees' numbers for the year. Is that what you meant?

I will take and put on whatever signature that is recommended until the start of the next season. I have not disappeared, just been working a lot (tough economy has hurt sales). Please discuss and post the signature you wish. I will eat my crow, but I will say that JC's numbers were much closer than many would've guessed. I wish I would've been right, but I wasn't. And I will man up for that. Please post the sig or PM it to me.

It still baffles me how many people would rather revel in the fact that they were right rather than mourn the idea that our team suffered because you were wrong.

Like it or not, Campbell is our QB and our success lies in him.

It still baffles me how many people would rather revel in the fact that they were right rather than mourn the idea that our team suffered because you were wrong.

These guys aren't reveling in the fact that they were right. It's a hollow victory because many of you are insistent that Jason is our future and our success lies with him. May I pose a question? WHY?????? Are we sticking with Jason because we have soooo much invested in him? Are we sticking with Jason because he has proven himself to be the QB that will be able to adapt to any game time situation and raise the teams performance to win? There's a reason why Vinny hasn't extended Jason's contract and I suggest that Jason takes notice. I believe this, if Jason falters and Colt gets a shot, he will not let that opportunity pass and Jason may not start again. So, if I can say one thing to Jason, give it everything man, because you may not get another chance.

many of you are insistent that Jason is our future and our success lies with him. May I pose a question? WHY??????

Your question was WHY I insist our future and success lie with him, and you proceeded to say why he isn't the answer, rather than why our future doesn't lie with him.

Our success does, indeed, lie with Jason Campbell. He's our starting QB and the team will go the way he does, as is the case with most other starting QBs in the NFL.

Whether you think he's the guy or not, he's the starter and his play will dictate how far the team goes. That's all I am saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sig. bet? I want cold hard cash for this one, pick a number any number and I'm in. Campbell ain't hitting +25 TD's, and -15 INT's. One way or the other IMO he wont see a full season, Colt will be pushing hard from day 1 of training camp. If you think he plays scared now, wait until he knows Colt is breathing down his neck, he will be scared to death to make a mistake compounding his inability to make plays. Rest assured whether or not Colt is a bonafide NFL QB, he will look great in the pre-season causing a lot of controversy as we head to the opener, it's going to happen.

I really would like to know what possesses any one to actually think JC has that kind of ability? Other than 1 season at Auburn when he was running a team with over whelming talent on the college level he's done nothing. And yes he ran a WCO at Auburn which he still doesn't apparently understand.

he knows Colt is breathing down his neck' date=' he will be scared to death to make a mistake compounding his inability to make plays. Rest assured whether or not Colt is a bonafide NFL QB, [i']he will look great in the pre-season[/i] causing a lot of controversy as we head to the opener, it's going to happen.

I'm sure Jason is terrified of a 6th round 3rd string qb who matched his HOF rating in pre-season last year but then only had 1 TD the other 4 games.

20igbjq.gif

If this is the case, we are in trouble. However, I don't think this is the case. He is entering the final year of his rookie deal, and can EASILY be replaced at this point.

Who should replace him? God (or Danny) only knows.

I'm sure Jason is terrified of a 6th round 3rd string qb who matched his HOF rating in pre-season last year but then only had 1 TD the other 4 games.

20igbjq.gif

Oh you mean the projected 1st-2nd round QB who fell to 6th round due to his hip surgery and lose of weight.

Tip: One looks smart if one knows the facts before opening their big mouths. ;)

Originally Posted by RocketCitySkins viewpost.gif

20igbjq.gif

Oh you mean the projected 1st-2nd round QB who fell to 6th round due to his hip surgery and lose of weight.

Tip: One looks smart if one knows the facts before opening their big mouths. ;)

What fact did I state that isn't 100% correct?:whoknows:

CB was a 6th round pick. (Even if you don't think he should have been)

CB is the 3rd string qb.

CB did score one TD the last 4 pre-season games.

CB is the 3rd string qb.

I was just saying he is not a 6th round caliber QB and should have gone higher which also means we wouldn't have picked him as he would have been gone by then.

Funny thing is he still had 109.9% rating even with just 1 TD in the last 4 games.

Sorry but you were stating like it was a fact that JC doesn't need to worry about CB. The fact is that in any business one should be worried about ones job regardless of who is standing or sitting behind them.

JC was a 1st round and how is that working out for us after 4 years later???

CB is the 3rd string qb.

Colt was projected to go high in the draft until the Sugar Bowl. Things went down hill from there with the 20lb weight lose due to a stomach flu. After the Combine and his perfect rating, his draft position rose. Than he felt that being honest was the right thing to do, he let everyone know about his hip injury. Which despite getting a report from the renown surgeon that the injury was minor and surgery would make him as good as new, Colt's draft became suspect. Only Zorn thought well enough to take him in the 6th round.

You have to remember that the year before, Colt was slated to be a late 1st rounder if he decided to forego his Senior year. So while what you said is factual, it is not the entire story. If you knew the story in its entirety and you withheld that information, than yes, I would question your motives. If you did not know these facts leading up to last years draft, than I hope you have been enlightened. Fact, Colt was a Heisman candidate 2yrs in a row, 6th and 3rd. You don't get nominated if you suck.

Your question was WHY I insist our future and success lie with him, and you proceeded to say why he isn't the answer, rather than why our future doesn't lie with him.

Our success does, indeed, lie with Jason Campbell. He's our starting QB and the team will go the way he does, as is the case with most other starting QBs in the NFL.

Whether you think he's the guy or not, he's the starter and his play will dictate how far the team goes. That's all I am saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

True enough. This teams direction is dictated by the HC and our QB. That doesn't necessarily mean that JC will be our starting QB. If he is come next season, I still support our team and JC as the starting QB. But I reserve the right as a fan to grumble and ask for a change if we are losing. I also reserve the right to debate if people would rather blame everyone other player instead of facing the truth. If Colt sucks, I can't argue, he sucks. But neither can we say he does if he isn't allowed to play. That's all I'm saying.

O-line gives way to run game(among other things)

Run game gives way to pass game

Both of which give way to TDs

Plenty of quarterbacks mentioned on the regular as "amazing" are mostly products of solid systems. Get an O-line and tell Zorn not to play such "Vanilla" football and most of these threads just wouldn't exist not to mention we might have a couple more rings.:cheers:

heres whats sad:

theres no competition. and thats pathetic. if campbell is so much better and colt is so terrible, let them prove it in practice and with the first squad. colt doesnt even get a shot, which is ridiculous considering how mediocre candle is. id bet any amount of money that colt would win the job over candle, because i see colt as the kind of guy who will take shots, hes definitely more accurate, and he definitely knows what its like to be in a WCO offense. hell all he did in college was stuff like that at Hawaii.

Archived