Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sig Bet on Campbell...

2006Skins

I think Campbell is going to have a very good year, but I agree he probably will not reach these levels. That being said, I'll be rooting for him to get to those levels and am not putting my sig on the line to root against him. If the numbers were more realistic, say 3000 to 3200 yards with 22 and 17 interceptions, then I may be up for betting my sig.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is my proposed bet, I believe Campbell will throw for 3500 yards

He's on pace right now to throw for just over 3,500 yards lol :cheers:...

...25 tds...

He's on pace to throw 24 TDs lol :doh: :doh:...

...and throw less than 15 ints.

Well, so far so good lol :cheers:

I think this is attainable for Campbell (don't forget his numbers were basically off of 12 games because he only played a quarter in the 13th game), but this is also not easy to get.

JC is on pace to meet two of the goals, and is just under the third one...it's looking good so far :thumbsup:...

Well, so far Campbell is on pace for 3512 yds, 24 TDs, and 0 interceptions.

HAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

(This is totally worth losing a sig over. :notworthy)

Did you bet against Campbell? You'd get to keep your sig with those stats. He needs to get all three. I wouldn't mind him getting really close, the Skins winning, and me keeping my beautiful sig.

• 5 weeks later...
Ok, I've seen plenty since Collins took over the offense last year on how Campbell is not a franchise qb, and he will have an awful year.

Let's open a sig bet, or an avatar bet, whatever floats your boat on how good/bad Campbell does this year. Let's look at the stats for last year:

13 Games, 60% completion, 2700 yards, 12 tds, 11 ints, 8 lost fumbles

QB rating of 77.6 (20th in NFL)

Many are saying this will be a tough year for Campbell. Most experts say he will have trouble adapting to the WCO. Those who think he will do well point to the fact that he ran the WCO in his senior year at Auburn where he tore up the competition in a very tough SEC.

Here is my proposed bet, I believe Campbell will throw for 3500 yards, 25 tds and throw less than 15 ints. I think this is attainable for Campbell (don't forget his numbers were basically off of 12 games because he only played a quarter in the 13th game), but this is also not easy to get.

QBs that did not hit all of these numbers were Roethlisberger, Garrard, Garcia, McScabb, Warner, Brees (18 ints), Cutler, Palmer (20 int), Pennington, Rosenfels, Anderson, Rivers and Kitna. All of these qbs listed had a better qb rating than Campbell.

So who is in? I am willing to bet Campbell makes these numbers, including throwin less than 15 ints.

I'm bumping this for a midway mark update.

Proposed bet was:

3500 yards

25 TD's

less than 15 INT's

Right now Campbell has:

1754 yards

8TD

0 INT's

So, thats a projection of:

3508 Yards

16TD's

0 INT's

As of now, the midway mark, 2006 skins is on pace to lose his bet. I think it's safe to say he is not going to throw 15 INT's. It's iffy if he will pass 3500 yards, although it is likely. Now, will he throw 17 TD's in the last 8 games? It's gonna be tough.

It's tough to tell, especially with the rookie receivers being receivers 4 and 5. I think Moss has a comeback year, and Cooley I think will have a career year. Cooley is the go-to guy, when JC is in trouble he finds Cooley. But I think Cooley and Moss will lead the team. But as the young receivers get more involved, I think his production will go up.

ding ding ding!!

He still hasn't proved anything long term yet. A few games isn't everything. Do it for 2 season straight and then I'll believe. Hell, just for 1 season and I'll be happy.

Oh, he's proven a lot already, don't fool yourself...

Campbell has proven that he can be a seriously legitimate NFL QB and be an efficient, effective game manager.

He's proven that he can beat winning teams.

He's proven that he can beat NFC East rival teams, and even beat them on the road.

He's proven that he can improve his play when the game's on the line and bring the team back from behind for the win. He's been phenomenal in the 4th quarter.

He's proven that he can run a WC offense.

He's proven that he can read defenses.

He's proven that laughing him off as a bust after 20 games was a foolish thing to do.

And the thing is, many fans who feel the same way you do about JC needing to "do it" for 2 straight seasons before they'll be convinced had no problem singing the praises of Jay Cutler or even Derek Anderson.

Hell, Derek Anderson "did it for just 1 season", yet it proved nothing. With Campbell, though, he's proven he can be the model of consistency...over the last 7 games Campbell has had only one game with a QB rating below 93 or where his completion percentage ever dropped below 60%. So it's not as if he's great one week, and mediocre the next. By contrast, Derek Anderson during his "breakout year" last season, was all over the freakin' map. His QB ratings were like the damn stock market: 65.2 one week, then 121.0 the next week, then 57.0, then 109.5, then 59.0, then 102.5...and on and on. JC's consistency over these first 8 weeks should instill a lot more confidence than Anderson's performance did over the entire year last year.

He still hasn't proved anything long term yet. A few games isn't everything. Do it for 2 season straight and then I'll believe. Hell, just for 1 season and I'll be happy.

Oh gimme a break. As Cal007 has pointed out, Campbell has proven a lot of things already. The most important thing he has proven is that he can make all the throws, and that can learn from mistakes and continue to improve.

Your are a joke! I bet, you were one of the many, many peoples saying that dy'lass are the best team in the nfl. Personally i hate anybody that badmouth the skins, especially so-called skins fans.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We need to start thinking of something for the crazy folks who thought Campbell would put up those numbers.

Well... I was not part of the sig bet, but JC got close to everything but the TD amount.

Thats a plus in my book and a complete improvment from last year. AS long as he is progressing, I am happy.

BTW... I never had the delusions of grandure (sp) that most Skins fans did when we were 6-2. We are not quite yet ready to hang with the big boys... soon though... very soon.

Archived