Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So.. I was looking at the Giants forums..

CPAllTheWay012

It seems a lot of you like to overlook the rampant stupidity on our own board. Every team has their fair share of silly posters and both of the boards are the same in that regard. There are more than a few posts on the first page alone here that make you say 'WTF?'

So, amusingly, they think our run defense is weak. Probably based on the preseason game against Carolina. We had a TOP FIVE run defense last year, but why let facts get in the way of false security.

I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately I believe even the redskins have forgotten this fact.

1. The Giants D did pressure Brady all game long in the Super Bowl.

2. I think the ****iness comes from the old days (as in, before last year) when, with Tiki, the Giants would always crush us at the Meadowlands.

I actually didn't think the snippets in the OP were that ****y. They think they're gonna win (which really is what every fan thinks of their team most of the time) and they did talk about what needed to happen in order for them to win. I didn't really see any blind homerish comments about how they're gonna beat us down with no supporting argument. As Super Bowl champs though, they certainly have a right to be pretty ****y. If this was against Dallas or Philly, I bet we'd see much worse comments floating around the opponents' boards.

I was reading one thread on their board that pretty much had some fun with us, saying most of us don't think we are going to win, where's our optimism, but at least we are all real about it, since we know we are going to lose, etc. Followed by predictions from most of them calling it more or less a rout. Is it possible that the Skins lose big, sure. Are all indications that it will happen, not IMO.

I don't get how your comment about the Giants chasing Tom Brady around during the Superbowl refutes or addresses my comments -- does that automatically leapfrog their defense over ours in the rankings? Or does that erase the game that happened at the Meadlowlands, yeah we contained their pressure that game, but the Patriots didn't get it done so our game didn't count?

Look if a team came to Fedex and trounced us the previous season, I'd take the same team coming to play us this season again seriously especially when its pretty much the same team player for player - while the Giants lost 2 of their key defenders.

But that's me. Just my opinion, doesn't make me right. Don't have any issues with the Giants fans really aside from when they break down our roster and for example pick on our LBs when its so much easier to pick on theirs. And my post was primarily driven by that.

As I put in my post the Giants have every right to feel good about themselves and should enjoy it -- but it wasn't the Skins they beat in the SB, the Skins gave them some problems last year, even the time they beat us, they were a hair away from losing. And we arguably handed them that game. In the Meadlowlands we crushed them in a game that was big for both teams.

This reminds me, there was a somewhat amusing post on a Giants board back in 2005, prior to the game at the Meadowlands. I don't remember it exactly, but I'll paraphrase (the italicized text is my personal commentary on his comments)

It's time to get fired up, G-men, because it's Redskins week! They gotta face our big-blue D!

Uhhh...wasn't your "big-blue D" ranked near the bottom at that point in the season?

QB-Brunell, who is a fossil and is overrated. Strahan is salivating.

Brunell had a great first half of the 2005 season...

RB-Portis, more overrated talent (blah, blah...)

he had a 1,500+ yeard season...

WR-Santana Moss, who is semi-quick. This is the only guy who we worry about. But even he won't be too big a problem. Get ready to feel the pain of WILL ALLEN, Santana!

"Will Allen" and "pain" in the same sentence? What does "semi-quick" even mean? And hadn't Moss already broken 1,000 yards at that point in the season?

TE-Nobody! I don't even know the guy's name. Pure garbage.

Ever heard of Chris Cooley? You know, the guy who has been putting up better numbers than Shockey? :laugh:

Of course, this post stopped being funny to me once they whipped us 36-0*...:doh:

*If this wasn't the score, then correct me if I'm wrong.

;5475142']The Giants should be able to run on anyone in the fourth quarter with a worn down defense. With Jacobs' date=' Ward, Bradshaw, and Ware there will be a fresh RB in the game at the end. I'm not even mentioning Droughns because he doesn't belong on this team.[/quote']Whatever. I'm not afraid of your run game. I just hope that the last 2 preseason games were bad games and not the real redskins.

I know our LB know how to tackle.

What you guys have to remember is that the Giants board is flooded with fans that are like 12 years old, like every board. Im sure I could do the same thing to your board and post it on Giants.com.

Not all Giants fans feel Eli is elite. He is far from it. But he has shown he COULD be elite. He just has to show his consistancy. He definately has showed an amazing ability to handle pressure and thats what a true QB needs. BTW, Eli got sacked in the superbowl....did he get "happy feet" and become the "old Eli Manning" you know then?

For the weak LBs comment, I think London Fletcher is a great LB. I do think it will be a tough game, but in the end, I see the Giants Defense stopping your hurting offense.

Giants 27

Skins 13

Hope no injuries for either team because we still have to beat up the cowgirls.:cheers:

Giants 27

Redskins 20.

I'm sorry. Your defense and our hurt offense kinda cancel out. You lost Umenoira (sp) for the season and we have our two rookies hurt.

I don't see us winning cause I avoid getting my hopes up when we play you at the Meadowlands.

This reminds me, there was a somewhat amusing post on a Giants board back in 2005, prior to the game at the Meadowlands. I don't remember it exactly, but I'll paraphrase (the italicized text is my personal commentary on his comments)

*If this wasn't the score, then correct me if I'm wrong.

Ha, dude you got to back to 2005, to give their comments credit :D

Yeah on the record if this was the 06 season coming out of 05, Giants fans would have plenty to rag on us about.

But this is 08 coming off of 07. And yeah the Giants had a great 07 but not at OUR expense. Last we saw we CRUSHED them at the Meadowlands.

Now, if our offense sputters like the last 2 preseason games in this game, yeah it won't be pretty. But until that happens, for me I am not worried about 05 -- wasn't that the Mara game?

And just because a team's fans gloat doesn't of course mean their predictions will come true -- I recall all the gloating on the Vikings board before the game last season, heck i recall some even by the Dolphins before the opener.

Guest sith lord

I guess I'm the only Skins fan who sees this as a lose. First, we hardly ever play good in NY. Second, those last two preseason games told me all I need to know about this team.

Be prepaired for a long year.

Reed Doughty a linebacker? That's news to me.

Considering how many holes the opposing RBs had in the last two games one who does not actually know the team lineup would believe Reed to be the LB considering he was the only one attempting to fill those holes.

Well good, cause lord knows Eli isn't a good QB.

Low blow, I know, but totally worth it. ;)

No low blow at all. He wasn't that good of QB last year:

"When a quarterback finishes 29th in the regular season in completion percentage ahead of only Cleo Lemon, Rex Grossman and Kellen Clemens, is 25th in quarterback rating and then wins the Super Bowl? You run and hide with that result. "

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26484366/

I usually split our division games 3-3, because that's usually how it goes.

Against the Giants I hope our team isn't underestimating them, but my comment close to the beginning of this thread is still correct (except for my comment on Tuck, didn't realize he had 10 sacks last season). I have a hard time seeing them generating the enormous pass rush they had last season without their two biggest pass rushers.

When they had both Usi and Strahan, who are you going to double? (Also, Strahan did give Heyer props after last seasons game when Heyer handled him pretty well all game) Now they have Tuck and Kiwanuka (who was an OLB last season with 4.5 sacks). I'm not saying there's no chance they get to JC, but I'm not sure how they're going to suddenly replace the losses of the Pro Bowlers and have anything close to last season's rush.

Kiwanuka is going to take a little while to get reaclimated to playing DE (I would think) and Tuck didn't generate 55 sacks, or whatever, all by himself. I would think his production would go down, considering he's the only one I see us doubleteaming, if it's needed. The DL has something like 40 sacks last year, I don't see that from this group, especially since moving Tuck to DE means you're playing 2 DTs with a collective 6 sacks last season, not Tucks 10, plus 25 more from the DEs.

Besides the DL, the rest of the team is pretty unspectacular, and I'm not trying to be mean. Gerris Wilkinson (WLB) is starting for the first time in his career, and had 14 tackles (no sacks) last season. Danny Clark (SLB) had 51 tackles last year, no sacks, and that was with Houston. Pierce is the LB Corp, the guy is a beast and I still wish he were a Skin, but oh well, Fletcher is great. But even Pierce had 1 sack last season. Sorry if I can't find the Giants pass rush replacement for their 55 sack season, but it's not there.

The DBs are really the ones who I think will suffer though. The DL, as we've seen in DC helps the secondary immensley. Webster had 18 tackles, 1 int, and 3 passes defended last season, not stellar numbers, but who knows, maybe he'll be awesome. I like Ross a lot, 40 tackles, 3 ints, 9 passes defended. James Butler will play well, and currently Michael Johnson (first year starting) is your FS, with Phillips waiting in the wings. Besides Ross, who is scary in this group? Especially when JC will have time to throw.

I'm not trying to knock the Giants, and they don't get the respect of any previous SuperBowl champion, which is sad, especially because they pulled off one of the greatest upsets in Super Bowl history. Heck, I cheered for them during that game! I just don't see how the Skins are supposed to cower in fear to their D this year.

Someone please correct me if I'm totally off base here.

those last two preseason games told me all I need to know about this team.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Since the beginning of time, preseason has had minimal effect on the real season. The Skins will come out alright, my man. As I am dissapointed in the last two games too, I certainly didn't find out

"All I need to know." from them.

Gotta get hyped or get lost. That doom and gloom **** doesn't fly here. You should seriously consider rooting for the Lions if you can't get up for opening night.

Archived