Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are our options with Malcolm Kelly?

JeffSchmeff

From the Official Redskins Blog today:

Also newsworth was the discussion of Malcolm Kelly’s status. Last night, Zorn clearly used the words “physically” and “unable,” so the line of questioning centered around the option of putting Kelly on the PUP (physically unable to perfom) list, which Zorn called “a possibility.” He actually said the same thing about injured reserve, but you would think that would have to be an absolute last resort. “Malcolm’s knee is sore,” he said, “We’ve gotta develop a plan for him.”

http://http://theredskinsblog.com/

If you put him on the practice squad, he is probably in Dallas tomorrow at this time.

If you put him on PUP, he is out for six weeks and his season is defintely over.

If you put him on IR, his season is DEFINITELY over.

And cutting him is not an option.

You put him on the 53 and hope he gets healthy. And that means that someone who has contributed gets cut.

If you put him on the practice squad' date=' he is probably in Dallas tomorrow at this time.

If you put him on PUP, he is out for six weeks and his season is defintely over.

If you put him on IR, his season is DEFINITELY over.

And cutting him is not an option.

You put him on the 53 and hope he gets healthy. And that means that someone who has contributed gets cut.[/quote']

Exactly!:applause:

If he was ineligible, don't you think someone in the press would know? Why would Zorn say it was a possibility. I'll admit I don't know the rules, but I trust people that get paid to coach footblall over some message board poster.

The rules of the league state that he can not be put on the PUP list because he had resumed practice already.

The rules of the league state that he can not be put on the PUP list because he had resumed practice already.

Resumed practice from what? Was he ever even on the list in the first place? Do you even know the rules, or are you just copying what someone said earlier in the thread? Do you know the difference between active-PUP and reserve-PUP?

Resumed practice from what? Was he ever even on the list in the first place? Do you even know the rules, or are you just copying what someone said earlier in the thread? Do you know the difference between active-PUP and reserve-PUP?

The time has passed to play Kelly on the PUP. He resumed practice this week from not practicing because of injury. Do I need crayons for you to understand?

Crayons? Dude, you can't even spell Pennsylvania in your profile, so you should take a look in the mirror before trying to rip someone.

Secondly, you don't even know the rules. Just because someone didn't practice due to injury doesn't mean they were ever on the PUP list.

Crayons? Dude, you can't even spell Pennsylvania in your profile, so you should take a look in the mirror before trying to rip someone.

Secondly, you don't even know the rules. Just because someone didn't practice due to injury doesn't mean they were ever on the PUP list.

WOW! You never made a typo in your life! You must be the best at everything. :rolleyes:

You obviously don't understand metaphors

I never said he was already on the PUP

If he was ineligible, don't you think someone in the press would know? Why would Zorn say it was a possibility. I'll admit I don't know the rules, but I trust people that get paid to coach footblall over some message board poster.

http://www.nflplayers.com/user/content.aspx?fmid=178&lmid=443&pid=1291&type=n

2. Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)

A player who fails his club’s pre-season physical at the start of training camp may be placed by his club on the Physically Unable to Perform list. A player on PUP is eligible to receive his salary, but he is ineligible to participate in practices or games. However, a player on PUP is permitted to practice with his club and may be restored his club’s Active/Inactive list during a three-week period beginning the day after the sixth regular-season game and ending after the ninth regular-season game.

This SUCKS, we should've never drafted Kelly. The purpose of drafting a WR so early was so we could use him this year. If he got injured during the preseason, that's one thing, but Kelly was done before he even started.......This F--KING SUCKS..........Back to the same old offensive unit, Moss, ARE, and Cooley. And now we add Fred Davis, another TE. I'm pretty pissed off right now..........

This SUCKS, we should've never drafted Kelly. The purpose of drafting a WR so early was so we could use him this year. If he got injured during the preseason, that's one thing, but Kelly was done before he even started.......This F--KING SUCKS..........Back to the same old offensive unit, Moss, ARE, and Cooley. And now we add Fred Davis, another TE. I'm pretty pissed off right now..........

Dont feed the drama queen!

Archived