Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are our options with Malcolm Kelly?

JeffSchmeff

We all felt that they might keep 6 WRs. If we had kept that many, we would have only had 5 max active on gameday. Just put Malcolm Kelly on the inactive gameday list until he gets healthy enough.

You never know how the WR position will turn out. Look at last season - both Moss and Randle El had nagging injuries. Kelly is too valuable to not have him as an option if other guys get nicked up.

It's pretty simple, you put him on the PUP.

j/k :)

Nah, you keep McMullen and keep Kelly inactive until he's ready to go. Simple. I think McMullen could possibly contribute right away. He'd be a nice 4th option at this point. I think he's got the edge over Thomas right now. Thomas needs to get in better shape and put more effort forth. I don't like his down the field blocking and I don't like the fact that Zorn said he didnt' finish routes last night.

This is the big boy league, Thomas. You won't get by here on your athletic ability alone. You need to put work and effort into your game if you wanna succeed.

He hasn't played a snap in preseason. Zorn indicated in his presser that we were going to have to make a tough decision on him. What are the rules with the PUP list? Supposedly his knee swelled up after pregame warmups.

Is is possible that we cut him? IR?

What i don't understand is why Malcolm had the knee surgery/scope in the first place. I know during the draft their were rumors about his knees, but we drafted him anyway. Then he's the buzz of all the camps, OTA/Mini-camp and training camp everyone was raving about him. Malcom catches everything blah blah blah.

Then he gets a hamstring pull/strain normal no big deal right? Then bam! All of a sudden the next thing i hear he's having his knee scoped? I thought WTF? Elective surgery? It struck me as weird and ill-timed. But, the media and the Redskins organization really didn't comment on or about why Malcolm had the scope. I think whoever's decision it was for Malcolm to have the scope dropped the ball. -If they justed waited until the hammy got better we're not even having this discussion. But now he's got swelling in his knee, probably from being rushed back from a knee scope=surgery he didn't need.

:cheers:

:2cents:

Keep him active and wait it out. Don't punish the kid if it wasn't his fault or decision to have the surgery.

Kelly should go on the PUP. Let him completely heal and when he is ready cut one of the scrubs on the team. I am not ready to give up on this guy. I will be honest when the Skins were considering drafting a wide receiver I was a bit of Sweed fan but as the draft came closer I fell more in love with Kelly. I really do think this guy has more potential then any wide receiver drafted in the draft and that includes Thomas. I know he is hurt right now and most skins fans are disappointed but I do believe with in 2 to 3 years we will not be disappointed with this pick. This guy is a baller and the worst thing we can do is rush him right now. Let him heal and he will definitely prove his wealth to us next year. I am still a Kelly fan all the way, place him on the pup and when he is healthy get him in there to get some experience this year and next here he will be a star.

Kelly should go on the PUP. Let him completely heal and when he is ready cut one of the scrubs on the team. I am not ready to give up on this guy. I will be honest when the Skins were considering drafting a wide receiver I was a bit of Sweed fan but as the draft came closer I fell more in love with Kelly. I really do think this guy has more potential then any wide receiver drafted in the draft and that includes Thomas. I know he is hurt right now and most skins fans are disappointed but I do believe with in 2 to 3 years we will not be disappointed with this pick. This guy is a baller and the worst thing we can do is rush him right now. Let him heal and he will definitely prove his wealth to us next year. I am still a Kelly fan all the way, place him on the pup and when he is healthy get him in there to get some experience this year and next here he will be a star.

He can't go on the PUP, for the last time, he cannot go onto the PUP.

He will stay on the active 53 man roster for the whole season and will be inactive on game day until he gets a couple weeks of practice under his belt.

Can't IR him when he may be ready to play in less than a month. I just would not feel confident going into the season with the wr corp we have now. Send him down to Birmingham for another visit with Dr. Andrews and see if its realisitic that he's back some time soon. If he gives him a clean bill of health then keep him on the roster. IMP we have to go 6 wr's anyway with how easily our guys go down. Santana, ARE, DT, and Thrash are all question marks to stay healthy and nobody knows what McMullen can do on a consistent basis v. first teamers. We need Kelly around as insurance.

Archived