Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are our options with Malcolm Kelly?

JeffSchmeff

He hasn't played a snap in preseason. Zorn indicated in his presser that we were going to have to make a tough decision on him. What are the rules with the PUP list? Supposedly his knee swelled up after pregame warmups.

Is is possible that we cut him? IR?

Mods, I didn't see any threads addressing this - only a thread on page 2 that said he was going to practice this week. Please don't NNT me if there are already threads discussing Kelly.

You know, there are no words to explain the amount of disappointment we would all feel if Thomas ends up not making it, Kelly gets IR/cut/never is healthy, etc. and only fred davis (the one pick we were all stumped about) ends up working out. Can you imagine if we have to draft 2 new recievers in the first 2 rounds in 2010? How pissed would everyone be?

That being said, I HIGHLY doubt it we cut him, but at this point if its between him, Thomas, and McMullen, I'll take Thomas and McMullen

He hasn't played a snap in preseason. Zorn indicated in his presser that we were going to have to make a tough decision on him. What are the rules with the PUP list? Supposedly his knee swelled up after pregame warmups.

Is is possible that we cut him? IR?

Mods, I didn't see any threads addressing this - only a thread on page 2 that said he was going to practice this week. Please don't NNT me if there are already threads discussing Kelly.

I could see them putting him on the PUP list, but not IR or cutting him. They wouldn't cut him. IR then just takes him that much longer to catch on. His knee just needs to get back to where it needs to be. I don't think he was going to see much action, so I think they keep 6 WR with McMullen. Once they see Kelly ready physically and mentally, he will.

I think you're taking what Zorn said WAAAY out of context regarding Kelly. The tough choice will be more to the point of how many WR's they keep due to the injuries that have slowed Kelly's and Thomas' progress during the preseason.

Also note he never said anything about a tough decision but more or less about the 'plan' about how to bring him along if I recall correctly.

Malcolm Kelly is a gifted WR who deserves the benefit to heal properly. He will be on this team as a full fledged WR, and will pay huge benefits as he heals and gets more experience in this system.

Why do people want to knock on him because he did not play in one single preseason game? We know he can play, we saw it in camp and reported by the beat reporters.

Give this guy every benefit to prove his mettle.

I'm not saying we should cut him or give up with him. I'm just saying that a regular season roster is a numbers crunch, and can you afford to have a guy on the active roster that can't contribute in games?

You do realize that teams have to deal with this ALL the time. A guy is banged up and can't go but they just don't kick him to the curb, that is why you have a 53 man roster.

Quick side note, the cowboys currently have to deal with apparently their 3rd, 4th and 5th spot WR's all being knicked up and most likely all be out for the 1st game if I'm not mistaken as well. Just pointing out this isn't some isolated Redskins only problem and I'm going out on a limb that they'll keep them around.

You do realize that teams have to deal with this ALL the time. A guy is banged up and can't go but they just don't kick him to the curb, that is why you have a 53 man roster.

Quick side note, the cowboys currently have to deal with apparently their 3rd, 4th and 5th spot WR's all being knicked up and most likely all be out for the 1st game if I'm not mistaken as well. Just pointing out this isn't some isolated Redskins only problem and I'm going out on a limb that they'll keep them around.

:applause::cheers::notworthy:helmet:

Archived