Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chief ZEE's Tomahawk has been recovered!!

cooleyfans47

That was fast...look forward to reading the story. Amazing how an autographed jersey can get the ball rolling. I just hope it was a legitimately good person who got the jersey and not a thief being rewarded because he had either 1. an attack of conscience or 2. decided to trade in for the jersey, and thus getting an undeserved gift.

BTW, I really like the new editing feature.

Great job, Chris and Tanner. Thanks for stepping in to help the Chief.

For those that missed it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/26/AR2008082603015.html

By Garry Trudeau

Wednesday, August 27, 2008; Page C03

Give Him the Ax!

Have you seen Chief Zee 's tomahawk?

On Aug. 9, the Chief -- a Washington Redskins superfan whose real name is Zema Williams-- set his signature prop down while he was signing autographs at the Redskins' preseason game against the Buffalo Bills. When he turned to retrieve it, it was gone -- subject to a prank or plain petty theft, he believes.

"I had that thing for 25 years. Anytime you saw me, I had my little tomahawk," Williams, 67, told us yesterday. "I don't see what they would do with it, but I'm sure whoever took it was playing a trick. I sat in the parking lot long after the game was over thinking someone would come out with it." But it never turned up.

The 12-inch tomahawk has a slender wooden handle with a rubber blade, and appears in many photos of Williams since he started attending Redskins games nearly 30 years ago. "It's my main piece -- it's got Sean Taylor 's number on it and everything," Williams said, referring to the Redskins safety who was murdered in November.

Williams isn't offering a reward, but hopes a good Samaritan will bring his tomahawk back: "If it's out there, please return it. It's a part of me."

Archived