Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wife is making life very difficult over one Redskins game a year

skinsfan4221977

...When I met her and started dating her, I told her...I go to strip clubs, I occassionally travel with my best friend, and I go to Dallas for games and those things are not going to change. No arguements about that stuff...ever.

:laugh: Sorry, I had to laugh at the strip club thing...

What is it with chicks from CT

The morning i bought tickets to my first Skins home game last yearmy wife called me to tell me she was leaving, so all in all it was a great day :D

:laugh:

Hey, my chick is from CT and I get to do whatever I want. :)

wow every post the TS posts is worse than the one before it. You 2 have obvious troubles out side of a Skins game.

Maybe its financial, maybe its spending time, maybe its you being an authority figure over here ... but regardless the main thing is COMMUNICATION!

You both seem to be communicating very poorly. I like others suggest you skip the game. Watch it on TV have a day with your son watching with some really nice food. A live game is hardly worth the hassle it seems to be generating regardless of whether you "deserve" it or not.

Hang out as a family and work on this relationship if it matters to you. Because unfortunately it seems soon you are going to have all the time in the world to go to Skins games because you will be single.

If in debt, you fail. If you argue about money with your wife over which extravagances to buy, you fail. Even if you're right about it being fair to get to go to a single game, if your wife feels differently, you fail.

Put the pride aside and find a way to make a compromise. The 24-hour rule (deliberate for 24 hours before making large purchases) usually helps when these big decisions come up.

Bottom line, make peace, find a compromise and live within your means. Just think how badly you'd feel if you went to the game against her wishes, only to have her leave you over this...and [heaven forbid] the Skins lose the game anyway? Would that be worth it?

What is it with chicks from CT

The morning i bought tickets to my first Skins home game last yearmy wife called me to tell me she was leaving, so all in all it was a great day :D

Hey, my chick is from CT and I get to do whatever I want. :)

:cheers: girl I just started seeing lives in CT, but is from Seattle...does that count?

Shes a big football fan....and is looking forward to coming to a game with me.

...yes and was talking crap the entire Jets game :doh:

lol I just can't wait for the Seattle game this year :silly:

You know what? I probably won't go against her wishes. But if she doesn't compromise enough to at least give her blessing, I KNOW I will be angry at her for AWHILE. She hasn't been a good wife to me in recent years, nor a good partner or friend.

So and after 8pgs we get to the real issue.

"What about MY needs???"

The whole Skins game doesn't mean jack to you or her. This is about winning a battle and you both will end up losing the war.

Take the Skins money and invest in better counseling and go all the time. Find a job with a better commute because without a doubt its putting strain on both of you.

So and after 8pgs we get to the real issue.

"What about MY needs???"

The whole Skins game doesn't mean jack to you or her. This is about winning a battle and you both will end up losing the war.

Take the Skins money and invest in better counseling and go all the time. Find a job with a better commute because without a doubt its putting strain on both of you.

CT jobs do not pay like New York city jobs in my field. I've tried, believe me.

But I have GOOD NEWS!!! After an intense exchange of e-mails and in return for me being more understanding and not making comments about some of her expenditures, she told me to go ahead!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

So I take back what I said about her being a bad wife.

HAIL SKINS!!

dude you sure youre not a politician?

because you flip flop more then obama when asked about his stance on things.

the fact that you were so quick to call her a "bad wife" shows that somewhere you DO think that and just because you are taking it back now doesnt mean that isnt how you truly feel.

CT jobs do not pay like New York city jobs in my field. I've tried, believe me.

But I have GOOD NEWS!!! After an intense exchange of e-mails and in return for me being more understanding and not making comments about some of her expenditures, she told me to go ahead!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

So I take back what I said about her being a bad wife.

HAIL SKINS!!

Go enjoy that trip ... cuz odds are good you are going to be "paying" for it for awhile.

the fact that you were so quick to call her a "bad wife" shows that somewhere you DO think that and just because you are taking it back now doesnt mean that isnt how you truly feel.

Maybe. But then again, she's called me a lot worse.

I never claimed to be a perfect husband -- only a better one than she gives me credit for.

Besides, haven't you ever said something to your wife you didn't mean? If not, you haven't been married.

I get it now. You're saying that because I said, "I'm going no matter what."

It's just passion and emotion for a team. Sometimes it causes me to say things I don't mean or I'll change my mind when I calm down.

Anger does the same thing, unfortunately.

Maybe. But then again, she's called me a lot worse.

I never claimed to be a perfect husband -- only a better one than she gives me credit for.

Besides, haven't you ever said something to your wife you didn't mean? If not, you haven't been married.

just because I may have done it doesnt make it right or OK. You have deep anger and resentment towards her because everything seems to be about "she does it too" "shes done worse".

Maybe if you stopped doing it she would take a hint after a while and realize that she is just being rude. But if you are going in it with that mentality, why wouldnt she?

I get it now. You're saying that because I said, "I'm going no matter what."

It's just passion and emotion for a team. Sometimes it causes me to say things I don't mean or I'll change my mind when I calm down.

Anger does the same thing, unfortunately.

no, I am saying that because one minute your wife is a monster and the next you take it back like its not a big deal that you just called the woman you are supposed to spend the rest of your life with a horrible name.

just because I may have done it doesnt make it right or OK. You have deep anger and resentment towards her because everything seems to be about "she does it too" "shes done worse".

Maybe if you stopped doing it she would take a hint after a while and realize that she is just being rude. But if you are going in it with that mentality, why wouldnt she?

Did it ever occur to you that I only said that after hours of being screamed at over the phone and by e-mail? One can only take so much.

no, I am saying that because one minute your wife is a monster and the next you take it back like its not a big deal that you just called the woman you are supposed to spend the rest of your life with a horrible name.

"...hasn't been a good wife, partner or friend" isn't a horrible name. It's deep-seated resentment for sure.

And yes, I do resent her sometimes. But it doesn't take much for me to forgive or at least "get over" things. All I wanted was to go to the game.

Well, she hasn't always been. And to be honest, I haven't always been a good husband. I like to think I am -- I don't cheat, am generous and strive to make life easier and fun for both her and our son. But I don't need to defend myself on ES.

The point is we're both trying to make peace and get things better. Which is all we can do.

I'm just happy she is leaving me alone about the game.

You see, that's the thing. I protest about certain expenditures, but in the end, if she tells me why it's worth it, I usually give in. And I spare no expense if I think she's going to be kept happy. Funny you should mention soup -- she buys Amy's Low Sodium Tomato Bisque, which is NOT cheap and I leave her alone about it because I know she values staying healthy and fit. We buy Huggies diapers, not Luvs, because she claims they do a better job at stopping leaks, even though Luvs costs about $7 less per package. I, on the other hand, buy generic everything. I drive a tiny Scion and bought my wife a Lexus.

Believe me, she isn't eating government cheese.

Thanks for clarifying. Let me do the same. Firstly, I didn't mean she was eating government cheese literally. It was just an illustration to make my point.

She gets a LOT of stuff, which she claims she never asked me to get, but how the hell would she really feel if I stopped getting it for her? Then, in her mind, she'd have a unreasonable, self-centered, hypocritical husband, who to boot, never treats her to anything. It would be the end of the line.

So in other words, she's only your wife b/c you buy her things? You shouldn't have to buy her love or pay for her w/expensive gifts to stay w/you. If I said what I really think right now, I'd get banned and you wouldn't like it very much and I'm not going to go there b/c I respect you as a fellow skins fan.

My husband and I are a couple. That, to me, means he gets no less or more than I do. Before he became ill/disabled, he loved to tinker w/cars. He was forever under the hood of something. At first, I didn't like it and had that stupid thought of ...he loves that car more than me. I came to realize that's just plain silly. Although the car was on his short list of things he loved(laugh.gif ), the car couldn't do everything for him(if you get my drift). Working on a car can get expensive at times, but it was something that he enjoyed(we were not married at this time tho but were living together) and I would never have thought of demanding that he not do what he enjoys(plus working on a car is way less expensive than keeping another womanlaugh.gif . If he was tinkering under the hood of the car, I knew he wasn't out w/another woman) I like football. He knows this and doesn't say a word about it when I go over to my b-i-l's house to watch the games or go to a game. He knows me well enough to know that if I couldn't afford to go to the game, I wouldn't go. He trusts my judgement and I trust his.

As for the game thing...I say go..hear about it for months to come or don't go and be miserable. Your choice. Personally..I would go and then ignore the constant yapping. And stop buying things she doesn't need, want or ask for.

*edit* after reading thru the other 4 pages...just ignore what I've wrote and enjoy that game..it may be your last. And just b/c I feel like giving useless advice...the next time she's screaming at you over the phone..hang up. Why people subject themselves to that kind of torture I will never know. And you don't have to read screaming emails you know.:D

Archived