Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket

skinswin'emALL

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but I don't post much and I wanted to pass on a personal experience I just had with DTV customer service to my fellow Skins fans that have NFL Sunday Ticket.

As someone who moved away from the DC area in the early 90's I've had DTV for over 12 years mostly because I cant function without NFL football and watching my SKINS.

Last 2 years I've called and "complained" about them raising the price and about paying extra for Superfan to see games in HD - considering the fact that I already pay 9.99 per month for HD programing. Both times they gave me a $60 credit for Sunday Ticket and Superfan for Free ($99)

So this year I get my first bill and make my now anual call to DTV - get the automated operator and when prompted say "cancel service" (this always takes you right to retention). I give him my usual pitch and this time he not only gives me the $60 credit, Superfan for Free, he also gives me a year of HD for free ($9.99 credit for 12 months).

Total Savings $279.00 :applause:

I love DTV (mostly for having my skins games) but also for there great customer service! :notworthy

:logo:

Nice! I do the same thing but have never been able to pull off that kind of savings. I was able to get Superfan free and $60 off total. I was pretty happy with that but next year I will try to get the HD free, too. I think it really depends on who you get on the phone.

You are right - once you see NFL games in HD, there is no going back. Even if I still lived in DC I would get the package - watching any game you want is just too great.

It never works for me. All I get is an ulcer and a empty wallet. In fact, my last bill didn't have my NFL ticket amount on it. I called and they told me that the computer didn't account for it. I told them that last month it was on there and it also started last month. "oh, well you get a month off." So now if I don't pay it with this months bill, I will be paying for NFL ticket after football is over.

I hate Directv, but to see my skins I have to stay with them

It never works for me. All I get is an ulcer and a empty wallet. In fact, my last bill didn't have my NFL ticket amount on it. I called and they told me that the computer didn't account for it. I told them that last month it was on there and it also started last month. "oh, well you get a month off." So now if I don't pay it with this months bill, I will be paying for NFL ticket after football is over.

I hate Directv, but to see my skins I have to stay with them

That sucks - I call this number: 800-824-9081 - the direct line to customer retention. They have always been nice and accomodating. This year, I told them my wife is making me cancel the Ticket b/c of gas prices being so high. They think I am a p-whipped goof but what the hell... Might be worth a shot. I would never ever give up my ticket.

DVT always does that for people. My friend is a big Broncos fan and does the same thing every year and gets the same response as you.

Also,

I'm a new customer to DVT this year (now that I'm back out of the DC area). I told them I wanted the dish on a pole in the yard and they told me that they would do it with no extra installation fees.

When they call to confirm my installation appointment, they say that it may be up to $75 that I have to pay on the spot so I tell them what the sales rep told me and they hook me up with the $10 off for 6 months deal to offset the installation fees since I was told different by the original customer service rep. :applause:

DVT always does that for people. My friend is a big Broncos fan and does the same thing every year and gets the same response as you.

Also,

I'm a new customer to DVT this year (now that I'm back out of the DC area). I told them I wanted the dish on a pole in the yard and they told me that they would do it with no extra installation fees.

When they call to confirm my installation appointment, they say that it may be up to $75 that I have to pay on the spot so I tell them what the sales rep told me and they hook me up with the $10 off for 6 months deal to offset the installation fees since I was told different by the original customer service rep. :applause:

How is this a deal? They told you it was free, now they say $75 but they will give you $60 in credit and you think it's good?

Hey - I know you think posting here is free - But it's actually $500. But I like you, so I will credit you $450.... please mail me the other $50.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This was a few years ago, but when I 1st moved to Texas - I called and signed up for the "Free" installation. When the installer showed up, he said he needed $30 for "Insurance". Told him it was free- Installer said he won't do it without the $30 insurance fee. I told him no problem as long as he gave me a recipit.

After that, I called DTV and went off about how they can't contoll their installers, etc... They kept saying I didn't have to pay and I kept saying they wouldn't install it otherwise....

They gave me a $50 on the spot credit.

they say that it may be up to $75
How is this a deal? They told you it was free, now they say $75 but they will give you $60 in credit and you think it's good?

Hey - I know you think posting here is free - But it's actually $500. But I like you, so I will credit you $450.... please mail me the other $50.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:read: first, prevent = :dunce:

• 4 weeks later...
That sucks - I call this number: 800-824-9081 - the direct line to customer retention. They have always been nice and accomodating. This year, I told them my wife is making me cancel the Ticket b/c of gas prices being so high. They think I am a p-whipped goof but what the hell... Might be worth a shot. I would never ever give up my ticket.

Yeah right, I just called that number and spoke with some dumbass rep who didn't do jack for me. It was like always, apologies for the problems, but nothing, nada, zero help with anything. They didn't offer to refund anything, give me anything free, nothing.

Directv is evil and should be run out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know is ST is awesome. The mix channel and red zone channel are great and being able to watch every game we incredible. Of course now I feel like a slug because I spent 8 hours sitting in front of a TV yesterday. I won't do that again. I'll just watch the Skins and probably put on the Mix channel so I can see what's going on at a glance.

I agree. How dare they not give you something for free!

****s.

Well, considering almost every month I end up calling them to fix some problem that they have made on my bill, yeah, they should do something to make up for it!!

My first NFL ticket charge came. The second month it was $0. So I called and asked if I was getting it for free. No, we made a goof and didn't bill you. You get a month off. Well, what happens now?

You will pay off NFL ticket in Jan. So I will be paying for it after the season is over, how smart is that?

They told me to pay it anyway and everything would be ok. ha ha ha yeah right.

So I paid it and now they are telling me that becuase the bill reflected $0 they can't take my $41.50 payment this month and put it towards that bill. So I will still be paying for 7 months instead of 6.

After arguing with a customer-no-service rep and calling customer retention, they did nothing but apologize and make excuses.

What I love the most is that they make the mistakes and cost me, yet when I try to correct things, it's always "sorry sir, but we aren't allowed to do that" or "it doesn't work that way".

I've never seen any company make so many mistakes and than not do anything to correct them or make the customer happy becuase of them. It's as if they are saying," I dare you to go somewhere else"

Well, considering almost every month I end up calling them to fix some problem that they have made on my bill, yeah, they should do something to make up for it!!

My first NFL ticket charge came. The second month it was $0. So I called and asked if I was getting it for free. No, we made a goof and didn't bill you. You get a month off. Well, what happens now?

You will pay off NFL ticket in Jan. So I will be paying for it after the season is over, how smart is that?

So I paid it and now they are telling me that becuase the bill reflected $0 they can't take my $41.50 payment this month and put it towards that bill. So I will still be paying for 7 months instead of 6.

After arguing with a customer-no-service rep and calling customer retention, they did nothing but apologize and make excuses.

What I love the most is that they make the mistakes and cost me, yet when I try to correct things, it's always "sorry sir, but we aren't allowed to do that" or "it doesn't work that way".

I've never seen any company make so many mistakes and than not do anything to correct them or make the customer happy becuase of them. It's as if they are saying," I dare you to go somewhere else"

It's because they know that if you cancel service before your contract is up, they can go in your bank account or charge your credit card for huge gobs of fees.

They billed me for the ST after I had cancelled it after the 2007 season. I called them up and they credited me $10/mo for 12 months. Well, they had already given me a credit for $10/mo because I threatened to cancell, so when my next bill came, and the second $10 credit wasn't there, I called them. They just extended my initial $10 credit for 24 months.

Maybe it's the tone you take with them when you call.

Thing about DTV is the fact they continually screw up billing and then force you wade thru all the BS to finally talk to someone and then they offer you a credit towards next months bill so they in fact take your money interest free for a month. I stopped the auto payment about 2 years ago because of that very fact and still have to call to get the bill corrected at least every other month...great product...but the worst customer service around.

Thing about DTV is the fact they continually screw up billing and then force you wade thru all the BS to finally talk to someone and then they offer you a credit towards next months bill so they in fact take your money interest free for a month. I stopped the auto payment about 2 years ago because of that very fact and still have to call to get the bill corrected at least every other month...great product...but the worst customer service around.

Oh I would fully agre with that. However, I don't have atuo pay. I never do with anything. I've had instances where companies take more out by claiming some crazy excuse, which is just thier way of getting more money since they have access to my bank account.

I've had to with other companies call my bank and tell them exactly what each company is allowed to take out. That's why I pay it myself now. trust no one.

Archived