Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Profootballweekly: At least be informed when critizing the redskins(M.E.T.)

mhd24

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2008/audibles2307.htm

"Just when you think the Redskins’ front office is starting to figure it out and building through the draft, they give up the house for Jason Taylor, a guy that will be lucky to play a few more seasons. They could have drafted Phillip Merling in the second round. There were plenty of options in the draft with upside. They could have had a young talent who could play another 10 years in the league."

Gee, how could we have drafted Maerling when he wasn't available with our 2nd round pick?

What an IDIOT. Is this guy supposed to make me believe that if he was a coach/gm and he lost a starter that he wouldn't trade for an elite guy like JT?? I would have tried to get him from Miami before the injuries to be honest. I am starting to believe that the media knows that if they say something stupid about the Skins, our fanbase will freak out and read the articles and talk about it even though it is BS... That is the only explenation for all of the stupid crap I have heard this week between Erik Kasilious(however it is spelled) and constant stupid crap like this. I don't care If we listened to these guys anyway then there would be no point of even having a football season bc Dall@$$ would be the champs, and Romo sits to pee would be league MVP....EVEN THOUGH HE CAN'T WIN A PLAYOFF GAME!

He said we could have drafted Merling in the 2nd round.

Exactly, that's where the writer has basic facts wrong.

We could have taken Merling in the 1st round, then taken our choice between Davis or Kelly (assuming Thomas would have been gone in the 30s).

Instead, we got Kelly, Thomas and Davis, then added Jason Taylor for a 2 and a 6 next year.

I guess it didn't cross their mind that we were comfortable with our DE situation until Daniels went down for the season in training camp. Daniels' injury took place AFTER the draft. So I guess we should have predicted that Daniels was going to go down for the season before it happened, and thus drafted a DE.

We were hit with a season-ending injury to a starter during training camp, and we had to pay a fairly steep price to get a premium player at the position to fill the void. Pretty silly to make an issue of this. Every other team in our division inquired about JT just like we did.

He could have every single fact right yet still be criticized on this board.

And he could have every single fact wrong, and we'd still have members on this site saying "He's right!" as long as he criticized the Skins' FO.

And by 'house', maybe he meant $8+ million per year?

No, he meant draft picks. You know how you can tell?...

"Just when you think the Redskins’ front office is starting to figure it out and building through the draft, they give up the house for Jason Taylor..."

That part in bold shows exactly what he was referring to when he said "give up the house"...

using the term "giving up" in referencing JT's salary doesn't make sense.... we didn't GIVE UP 8 million to get him, we are paying 8 million to HAVE him

and anyway, 8 mil for a guy who was DPOY just two years ago still isn't "the house"

Merling? The same Merling that is holding out?

The same Merling who's had 12 sacks in his entire collegiate career?

I'd rather have Davis, Thomas, Kelly and Taylor. Thanks.

I think you are talking about Harvey for the jags he is the only DE still unsigned!

But Merling is doing well in dolphins camp:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/635966.html

I still wouldn't change our draft I like what we have!

He was referring to the draft pick. What difference does the $8 million make? We had the cap room to afford Taylor. That 8 mil either sits in Snyder's wallet or goes to Taylor, so it's silly to complain about the money.

The problem with the article that you seem to be missing is that Philip Daniels' injury took place AFTER the draft, yet this guy says we could have drafted a DE. We might have done that if Daniels' injury had taken place BEFORE the draft, but it didn't. We went out and got Taylor because a starter went down for the season and we were suddenly thin at the position. We didn't do it just to make a splash.

He should get them right anyway. Why do fans know more than this "professional?"

I doubt it. But if he did, it wouldn't make any sense. I earn my salary, my boss isn't "giving it away" to me.

We saved cap space in reserve in case an urgent situation arose. Then one did. And we spent the money that was there.

"Just when you think the Redskins’ front office is starting to figure it out and building through the draft..."

Translation: just when the Redskins finally started doing things the way I think they should be done...

"...they give up the house for Jason Taylor..."

Translation: I get to ***** again! Hooray!!

"...a guy that will be lucky to play a few more seasons."

Translation: I'm still buying into that "Dancing With The Stars/I've Lost All Interest In Football" speculation...

"They could have drafted Phillip Merling in the second round."

Translation: I think I remember seeing one or two mock drafts having the Skins pick Merling with their 1st round pick, but they didn't....what's that? Traded down?...Oh...Well, they should have picked him with their 2nd rounder, then...what's that? Merling was gone by then?...Dammit, I'm still right, don't argue with me.

"There were plenty of options in the draft with upside."

Translation: I enjoy stating the obvious. That way I'm right on at least one thing.

"They could have had a young talent who could play another 10 years in the league."

Translation: Instead they got two young talents who could play another 10 years in the league...but let's ignore all that.

"Just when you think the Redskins’ front office is starting to figure it out and building through the draft..."

Translation: just when the Redskins finally started doing things the way I think they should be done...

"...they give up the house for Jason Taylor..."

Translation: I get to ***** again! Hooray!!

"...a guy that will be lucky to play a few more seasons."

Translation: I'm still buying into that "Dancing With The Stars/I've Lost All Interest In Football" speculation...

"They could have drafted Phillip Merling in the second round."

Translation: I think I remember seeing one or two mock drafts having the Skins pick Merling with their 1st round pick, but they didn't....what's that? Traded down?...Oh...Well, they should have picked him with their 2nd rounder, then...what's that? Merling was gone by then?...Dammit, I'm still right, don't argue with me.

"There were plenty of options in the draft with upside."

Translation: I enjoy stating the obvious. That way I'm right on at least one thing.

"They could have had a young talent who could play another 10 years in the league."

Translation: Instead they got two young talents who could play another 10 years in the league...but let's ignore all that.

:applause: :notworthy :applause:

Archived