Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's up with the info minister?

Skins24

Who does he think he's foolin'?

It's pretty funny actually. Yesterday he was saying that we aren't even within 100 miles of Baghdad yet :laugh:

today, it's all just a movie

_____

Airport to become 'graveyard'

He said that if the Americans and British did not surrender, the airport would become a "graveyard" for the "American villains."

Sahaf said reports that U.S.-led coalition forces had secured the airport were not true, and compared those reports to the movie "Wag the Dog," in which Hollywood filmmakers faked battle scenes in a studio that were then shown as television news reports.

"Most of you saw the American movie, 'Wag the Dog.' ... [M]ost of what they did yesterday and today at dawn has some scenes that resemble that movie."

Sahaf lashed out at the coalition forces talking about a postwar Iraq. He said that U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell is talking about "how to share and divide Iraq as loot after the war."

Sahaf said postwar Iraq would continue to stay under the leadership of Saddam Hussein, and the coalition forces would be gone.

"We will chase them and go after them as war criminals," he said, adding that the "United States will no longer be a superpower and its demise will be very quick."

Sahaf warned that the war would bring nothing "except humiliation and defeat" to the coalition forces.

"Iraq will stay. Its civilization is 10,000 years old and it will not change by villains like those British and American villains," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/04/sprj.irq.saddam/index.html

I swear I was watching that guy give his statements the other night and was almost laughing at how stupid he was, and angry at the same time at the lies he seems to spew out of his piehole.

Had to go to bed - couldn't deal with him any more.

The fact that their rhetoric has become less artful in recent days (transitioning from tours of Iraqi civilian casualties to denials that we're even there) suggests greater desperation on their part. I too find humor in that, aided in part by the fact that they very much do not.

Wonder how he'll explain the coalition tanks and armored vehicles now rolling around in the center of Baghdad? They "let us in" to seal our fate, perhaps?

It's almost over for these guys. Good riddance!

I think he is kind of fun to watch.

I cant wait for his last press conference. He will be talking about how the US is getting slaughtered and how the US forces are not within 100 mile of Baghdad when a Marine walks up from behind him and taps him on the shoulder...

I am going to play pessimist here. What if they do have them where they want them? What if the Iraqi's have something planned that no one can see coming? Something which at the same time may kill all of them while killing all coalition forces too.

Ok, I know the possibility of this is absolutely remote and none but I never underestimate anyone.

A plan by the Iraqi army that will devestate the coalition and all of us? Very, highly unlikely but I don't take anything for granted. Even those things that look certain.

This guy has his head so far up his arse, the marines are going to roll him to the POW camp.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nerm and Tennessee Carl have the right ideas.:laugh:

I thought the same thing Norm. I want to see this guy doing a live PR spin when the Marines drop by and blow his head off. Then I can go to one of the arab sites and see what we censored.:rolleyes:

I went to Al Jezerra's site last night and looked at the 126 political cartoons there. Some of them are hard to understand because I can't read arabic, but many of them you can understand the joke from there perspective. Some of there jokes really pissed me off. The one about the Muslum god in the sky knocking down the space shuttle pissed me off and the one with the twin towers too. If anyone wants me to post the addy just ask.

Originally posted by tommy-the-greek

I went to Al Jezerra's site last night and looked at the 126 political cartoons there. Some of them are hard to understand because I can't read arabic, but many of them you can understand the joke from there perspective. Some of there jokes really pissed me off. The one about the Muslum god in the sky knocking down the space shuttle pissed me off and the one with the twin towers too. If anyone wants me to post the addy just ask.

Well tommy, you did hear about what happened to the English version of Al-Jazerra week before last didn't you?

It seems that they wanted an English language website for non-Arabic speaking people around the world. Well the day it went up, some hackers hacked the site and posted an American flag on it. After that I read somewhere that the Japanese web hosting company pulled out of the deal to create the site for them.

Oh give it up!

I'm positive that if he was killed even the Saddam sympathizers would celebrate.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83385,00.html

Iraq's Information Minister Denies Baghdad Siege

Monday, April 07, 2003

BAGHDAD, Iraq — With U.S. tanks rolling into central Baghdad, Iraq's information minister denied in a rooftop news conference Monday that the Americans were in the city, declaring: "Be assured Baghdad is safe, secure and great."

"They are sick in their minds. They say they brought 65 tanks into center of city. I say to you this talk is not true. This is part of their sick mind," Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf said. "There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad at all."

Sahhaf, speaking outside the Palestine Hotel to a crowd of foreign reporters, said amid sirens and clouds of dust that Saddam Hussein's forces had given invading coalition forces "poison and bitterness."

"Their forces committed suicide by the hundreds. ... The battle is very fierce and God made us victorious. The fighting continues," he said. "Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them."

Sahhaf said coalition forces pushed one of the armored carriers and tanks into the city and "we killed most of them and we will get of rid of them soon. Baghdad will be their graveyard."

Reacting to reports that the U.N. Security Council was to meet Monday, he called on the United Nations to denounce the war "before the United Nations becomes a place for prostitution under the feet of the Americans."

Say Sahhaf...why not do the press conference from the Ministry of Info building?

:laugh:

Well, I was up about 2:30 AM last night watching the Fox News coverage of the attack in Baghdad(I'm a night owl, what can I say?), ans just then they began to show live Iraqi Minister of Information Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf making the very statements he made in rskin24's preceeding post.

Then they cut to Fox News' Greg Kelly, who was with the US forces as they were right down the street from those 2 huge crossed swords where the Iraqis always hold their military parades. Kelly asked two GIs about what the Iraqi Info Minister had just said, and one of them reponded by saying that they were not very far away from the Ministry Of Information building and that they would soon be paying Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf a visit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can anyone provide an update as to whether that visit to the airport ever happened? The Iraqi Minister of Information had said that he would take any journalist interested, to the Baghdad Airport to "show" them that they still had control over the airport and no US forces were there. The Iraqi forces had "crushed" them. I love the way he says that word - crushed.

Anyone heard anything on that??

Archived