Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have I time travelled? (Home Team Sports?)

Walking Deadman

Local DC/MD/VA ESers,

Do me a favor and if you have Comcast can you check and see if the comcastsportsnet channel (y'know the one that hosts Redskins Nation) is coming up on your channel guide as HTS (aka Home Team Sports)?

It's doing that on my guide right now......made me feel like I travelled back to the 90's or something.

Is this happening to anybody else?

And now your Baltimore Orioles, with hosts Mel Procter and John Lowenstein!

I have missed them like no other but am happy with Thorny and Buck. Took forever to find good replacements.

Favorite Lowenstein quote: "He hit the dog-snot out of that one!"

I first got HTS in '85. It was Al Koken and Mike Fornce doing the Caps games.

The Bullets games had Wes Unseld and Mel Proctor? I believe.

I can still remember the HTS theme jingle:

'Home Team Sports

The channel you cheer for

We got the Bullets

We got the Caps

We've got Orioles magic...

We've got the Blast'

The Blast was Baltimores soccer team. Can't remember if they were an indoor or outdoor team. That shows how much I cared about soccer. LOL!

I have missed them like no other but am happy with Thorny and Buck. Took forever to find good replacements.

Favorite Lowenstein quote: "He hit the dog-snot out of that one!"

Brother Low and Proctor were the best, but I'd take Jim Palmer over Buck "Mr. Obvious" Martinez. Palmer may be full of himself, but he's always adding new insight and proves over and over why he's a baseball encyclopedia.

I can still remember the HTS theme jingle:

'Home Team Sports

The channel you cheer for

We got the Bullets

We got the Caps

We've got Orioles magic...

We've got the Blast'

Totally remember that jingle. I was about to post it until I saw that you had.

I actually still have HTS on my system, and have had it for years without interruption. Maybe y'all just don't have the right cable provider or something? They're interviewing Rod Langway live from the Capital Centre right now. Good stuff...

Funny that the HTS commercial with that jingle showed images of Theismann and Riggins from an actual game, yet HTS never covered the Redskins on any level that I can remember.

That jingle also made no mention of football, but the images of anything Redskins were so powerful that I guess they threw it in there for eye candy, even if they weren't relevant to HTS.

Archived