Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt Brennan Shows MAJOR Improvement (Highlights Included)

CRobi21

Collins on the other hand, looked completely out of his element. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the final roster come September. He had better show a better grasp of this offense and in a hurry.

This is the only really negative thing from tonight.

Collins doesn't have the luxury of taking 2-3 years to really get this offense down.

And on the other hand, as good as Colt looked tonight, it would be ridiculous in my opinion to go with him at #2 given that he hasn't ever seen any defense like a real 1st string regular season NFL game-planned defense.

Not saying Colt won't be a great #2 in 2009 or 2010. But not this year.

So Collins has got to figure this out quickly. You need two solid QBs to make it through a whole season.

As you probably know, I started the "Colt Breannan Needs A LOT of Work" thread about a week ago. Well I'm here with nothing but praise of him this evening. He looked VERY impressive out there tonight, showing great poise in the pocket, and great touch on his passes. To me, it really was a complete 180 from last week. He looked comfortable, and confident with where to go with the ball.

It's amazing what one week of practice can do for a guy. His stat line w/ highlight vid:

I started to comment on your earlier thread on Colt who you thought needed some divine help in order to make this team, but I decided to wait until Colt got his chance in prime time.

You cannot be serious in suggesting that one week of whatever work he did this past week was the difference in his game tonight. Colt Brennan is the real deal who has natural ability to be a continued winner.

You obviously didn't listen to Colt prior to your first thread. Colt said he would be better with a structure game plan. He demonstrated that tonight, don't you think? You don't improve that much in one week and perform the way he did tonight. The guy can play and he will continue to do what he naturally can do.

I started to comment on your earlier thread on Colt who you thought needed some divine help in order to make this team, but I decided to wait until Colt got his chance in prime time.

You cannot be serious in suggesting that one week of whatever work he did this past week was the difference in his game tonight. Colt Brennan is the real deal who has natural ability to be a continued winner.

You obviously didn't listen to Colt prior to your first thread. Colt said he would be better with a structure game plan. He demonstrated that tonight, don't you think? You don't improve that much in one week and perform the way he did tonight. The guy can play and he will continue to do what he naturally can do.

I wasn't trying to say that it was a complete turn around from last week in terms of ability. I was trying to say it was a complete turn around in terms of:

Knowledge of the playbook

Comfotable being in the pocket

Confident where to go with the ball

Even Zorn said in his pressers that CB has improved greatly in these areas in the past week. Don't jump the gun.

:)

This is the only really negative thing from tonight.

Collins doesn't have the luxury of taking 2-3 years to really get this offense down.

And on the other hand, as good as Colt looked tonight, it would be ridiculous in my opinion to go with him at #2 given that he hasn't ever seen any defense like a real 1st string regular season NFL game-planned defense.

Not saying Colt won't be a great #2 in 2009 or 2010. But not this year.

So Collins has got to figure this out quickly. You need two solid QBs to make it through a whole season.

Hey, no one knowns what Coach Zorn has in mind for the backup to Jason. I am not even giving that consideration. Right now, Collins is having problems with accuraccy and he seems to be out of sync with the game. Right now, Colt has the moxy to be the surprise and it's nice knowing this, don't you think?

Yep, he was. I happened to agree after seeing him at Fan Appreciation Day. I also changed my mind a bit after watching him tonight. I still cringe with that side arm delivery but he looked good tonight. Only threw one bad pass that was behind the receiver and made some good decisions.

Collins on the other hand, looked completely out of his element. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't on the final roster come September. He had better show a better grasp of this offense and in a hurry.

I'm right there with you two. I was there Saturday and he looked terrible. He looked like a completely different person tonight though. He's officially not near as bad as I thought, I guess I'll leave it at that until I see him do it more than once though. But yea I'm looking forward to seeing him Saturday and really looking forward to seeing him develop the more Zorn works with him.

Collins is having problems with accuraccy and he seems to be out of sync with the game.

Collins is solid but there is a reason he has been a career backup. He doesn't do well when he has pressure on him. That is why he did so well last year. When he first started playing everyone had counted us out and he came in with very little expectations from fans. That made it easy for him to find a rhythm and get some confidence. But as soon as we start to expect him to play to the top of his potential he always seems to shy away from it.

Just a thought.

I wasn't trying to say that it was a complete turn around from last week in terms of ability. I was trying to say it was a complete turn around in terms of:

Knowledge of the playbook

Comfotable being in the pocket

Confident where to go with the ball

Even Zorn said in his pressers that CB has improved greatly in these areas in the past week. Don't jump the gun.

:)

On the contrary, I am not jumping the gun but you have difficulty in reading between the lines.

By that I mean, I wouldn't want to tell Colt he was simply outstanding tonight because I would want to keep him grounded in learning the pro game and not have a big head.

On the contrary, I am not jumping the gun but you have difficulty in reading between the lines.

By that I mean, I wouldn't want to tell Colt he was simply outstanding tonight because I would want to keep him grounded in learning the pro game and not have a big head.

What lines?

Are you really that bitter about my thread last week?

Collins is solid but there is a reason he has been a career backup. He doesn't do well when he has pressure on him. That is why he did so well last year. When he first started playing everyone had counted us out and he came in with very little expectations from fans. That made it easy for him to find a rhythm and get some confidence. But as soon as we start to expect him to play to the top of his potential he always seems to shy away from it.

Just a thought.

It's not a sermon? :silly:

I know everyone will say I'm crushing on Colt, but I've watched the guy for the past 2+yrs and you gotta understand his commitment to contributing to the team. He missed OTAs and had one week of practice with his teammates, so he hit the books and learned his offense. The rest is because he is good and he comes to play. Every QB wants to start, yet has anyone heard him say he wants JC's job. No, he's working to earn the 3rd spot. If TC continues to struggle, I don't care if he is the veteran, puts someone in that will move the ball even if it is Derek. JC is a veteran....

OH HERE WE GO! Brennan plays against future grocery bagger and burger flippers. Although he looked good against the scrubs. Its not the second coming of Sonny. I will withhold my judgement until he gets some time against some real NFL defensive players. I will admit it was strange seeing a QB wearing number 5 again and actually throwing a touchdown pass. When I first saw that number 5 come in I almost had a heart attack.

Just a thought.

You either have it or you don't. That may sound harsh but, hey you got to turn it on when you have the opportunity. Collins doesn't or hasn't exhibited any excitement with his game this training camp. The QB from Seattle who is with us now, has yet had the chance to compete with Collins.

Zorn is not going to play a wait and see approach. The best three QBs are going to take the field.

Colt may be considered unorthodox, but he comes to play the game and he enjoys it.

A lot of people are re-thinking their stance on Colt tonight.

It's only one game so let's not get ahead of themselves, but writing off this guy because of a game against Georgia is laughable.

I hope the "pro scouts" at least wonder if they scouted this guy incorrectly. God knows the Colts weren't ready for him.

What lines?

Are you really that bitter about my thread last week?

No, I am not bitter about what you said but I am taken back by your rush to judgement.

Consider one thing, Colt was trying to contain his true abilities and just waiting to disprove your flippit comment as to how he looked to you.

No, I am not bitter about what you said but I am taken back by your rush to judgement.

Consider one thing, Colt was trying to contain his true abilities and just waiting to disprove your flippit comment as to how he looked to you.

Holy ****. Colt Brennan knows who I am!!!

How was it a rush to judgement when the coach was saying the same thing?

I think this guy has an unusual confidence and attitude on the field. Just my opinion, but I think he's something special, and he probably landed in the perfect environment with Zorn here.

maybe!

but im gonna hold on till I start to praise him. He did look good tho'

It's only one game so let's not get ahead of themselves, but writing off this guy because of a game against Georgia is laughable.

I hope the "pro scouts" at least wonder if they scouted this guy incorrectly. God knows the Colts weren't ready for him.

Amend to your wait and see approach. You are right. But something tells me that Colt and Zorn are on the same page. Campbell looked sharp tonight and Collins was so so. If anything, Brennan has raised the odds in his favor.

I noticed how Coach Zorn looked at Colt after Brennan threw his first TD. Did you see that excitement in Zorn's eyes and the reaction of Colt's teammates?

Count me in that group. I thought Brennan was going to be a waste of a draft pick. However, given his pinpoint accuracy and pocket presence tonight, I'd say he'll probably supplant Collins as the #2 next offseason. I still doubt he'll ever be a starting caliber QB but if he ends up being Zorn's home grown version of Collins, that makes him a steal given where we drafted him. If we're really lucky, some other team will think they can make a starter out of him and we get a first round pick in a trade.

I keep saying this, but his delivery just scares me. Maybe it shouldn't. But it does. He looked great tonight most of the time. But I just worry that against a starting defense, the low delivery is going to get a lot of balls batted down, and batted balls leads to INTs, and INTs leads to losses.

But you can't take anything away from the kid. He looked awsome tonight. A whole lot better than the Training Camp practices I went to.

I wasn't suprised at all. If you had watched the Hawaii games you'd know that he's good. In college yes he played small schools but so what? All the teams had the same talent and he looked good. only when he went up against a team that was probably the nations #1 where his line was full of holes did he get smashed. Well guess what? he's in the NFL now boys, where all teams are meant to be equal (well, except for those few teams that I won't mention). He'll do well with an NFL line blocking for him, great WR's, and finally arunning game, which he never had in Hawaii. I'll cheer for Campbell of course, but in Brennan we finally have a talent that if needed can take us where we ALL want to go. We had the steal of the draft. Bad mechanics??? Not one of his passes were deflected at the line. Who cares how he throws as long as he gets it there on the spot and on time? Did anyone change Jim Furyk or Arnold Palmer's golf swing??? I think they both did quite well in their careers. Anyone that watched Hawaii games knows that Brennan has a different look, but hey it works so really how cares??? Just enjoy the wins when they come, whether it be from Campbell, Collins, or Brennan...Go Skins!!!!!

Archived