Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Henry, you have NO IDEA what you've done.

Art

I have done my favor for you. That board is absolutely, shockingly, uninformed man. One of them didn't even know there was a coalition and she was the admin :). I may play more later, but, I've done all I can do for the lost lot :).

Trust me Art, I wouldn't leave you hanging over there. I'm HAS, and I've got your back. I think my niche is defending the Jews against the myriad of white supremacists and self-loathing radicals.

... and please, don't ever call me liberal again. :)

I just spent an hour reading the garbage that passes for logic on that board. Too bad I have a personal policy of not supporting .NET in any way. I refuse to sign up. But MAN are these people STUPID.:gus: The word moron is too soft to describe the idiocy on display there.

People like that scare me. If people like that ever control the vote, maybe democracy is not such a good idea.

:doh:

Originally posted by TheKurp

What's your beef with .Net?

It's not an open standard and MS is using it to lock people into using their services and or software. In the case of MSN boards I would have to use IE. Not gonna do it. If I can't access it with any browser I view it as a closed system.

I could go on and on about MS. Don't get me started.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

It's not an open standard and MS is using it to lock people into using their services and or software. In the case of MSN boards I would have to use IE. Not gonna do it. If I can't access it with any browser I view it as a closed system.

I could go on and on about MS. Don't get me started.

Well this topic certainly deserves a thread all its own so I won't really say much in response.

I'm no big fan of Microsoft either. But I'll give them their due for attempting to head in the right direction with .Net. Microsoft has made it shared-source and as a result, a slew of open-source implementations of .Net are emerging.

But ask me again in 8 months. I'm about to use .Net for the first time on a software development project.

Kurp...don't be too sure brother! as you well know "the devil is in the details". the MS boys and girls always find a little twist that makes their standard protocol implementations not so open or not so standard. I haven'tdug too deeply into .Net as I'm wrestling with the security aspects of J2EE right now and XML/SOAP/WSDL "stuff".......... .net, I would imagine, relies heavily on dcom/dcom+.....not exactly the most interoperable, platform independent code ever created!

.NET is full-on spyware and spam ware. I hate it, but still use it. Everyone already knows whats on my Computer... :doh:

Here was my last post there.

"Bariatrics": the art of letting oneself become obese.
"Bedunging": flinging feces upon oneself

I'm not smart so I took the words from a book my brothers father-in-law gave me for Christmas. It's called "Depraved and Insulting English." It is proving to be much better a present than the fruitcake I recieved in the mail.

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived