Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Henry.... who roles the dice?

RenegadeTK

henry.jpg

Chris Henry suspended for 4 games by NFL

NEW YORK -- Wide receiver Chris Henry was suspended by the NFL on Thursday for four games but may play the final 12 games of the regular season for any team that signs him.

Henry was released by Cincinnati in April after his fifth arrest. Commissioner Roger Goodell had suspended Henry indefinitely following his latest arrest. The charges against him on that arrest were subsequently dropped.

The 25-year-old player, one of a number of Bengals in trouble with the law the past few seasons, then applied for reinstatement.

Henry may participate in training camp and exhibition games if he is signed. He will be eligible for reinstatement following the fourth game of the season.

Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season under the league's personal conduct policy. He returned to catch 21 passes for 343 yards and two touchdowns in eight games.

But the Bengals released him after he was accused of punching a University of Cincinnati student and breaking his car window with a beer bottle.

A jury failed to reach a verdict on an assault charge, resulting in a mistrial. Prosecutors dropped the case following unfavorable rulings by a judge before the retrial was to start

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

What team is going to roll the dice and give Chris Henry a shot? I think everyone can agree that the kid has talent, but is it worth the risk. No matter who picks him up, he will be suspended for 4 games.

Personally, I believe the obvious destination is Dallas. They have no problem with players with a troubled past and pending NFL punishments. On top of that, the few critics they do have say they should have made moves in the draft/FA to acquire WR depth. I also wonder if Philly would be interested, though i dont know the up-to-date status of their WR depth in camp.

What do you all think?

As a Boys fan it would not surprise me if JJ signs him up.....Many of the Boys fans dont seem to want him right now but just like when Tank and Pacman was signed allot of the fans were a little uneasy about those signings but have warmed up to the idea now that they are on the team and "most" Cowboy fans back both players now. He could be a cheap insurance policy for the Boys and JJ would have until week 5 of the season to see if Henry can get his head straight, he does have some raw talent and could be a good receiver if he can grow up....if not JJ could just send him on his way.....Until Henry signs on with another team I would have to think JJ is at least thinking about the possibilities of bring him in for a look

Archived