Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A real concern about Saturdays Inductions...

BillyKilmer

I actually heard on Mike & Mike (ugghhh) that Goodell told Favre and the Packers to agree on a resolution within 24 hours and has held of on Favre's reinstatement papers. Murphy from the Packers offered Favre 20million dollars over ten years to stay retired. Its most likely Favre will report to camp either tommorow or Saturday. I don't see it being a distraction.

People want to watch football, even preseason.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to kill Brett Farve. It is suggested that a Colt Brennan rocket pass to the head will suffice nicely. Another possibilty is to smother him with bacon.

EVIL BACON MADE FROM THE HEAD OF JOHN MADDEN.

This thread will self-destruct in 5 seconds....

Mmmm. Bacon-flavored Favre.

Say that 5x fast.

Go ahead, say it.

I keep having a scary thought of The NFL Hall of fame inductions being overshadowed … By the Bret Farve circus. In years past nothing has been bigger then the players who are to be enshrined the weekend of inductions. However in this never ending Farve news cycle I fear just that.

I shutter at the thought of a crawl under the screen of minute to minute Farve movements as the players assemble on the stage. Perhaps a picture in picture feature with Farve walking into the packers training facilities. All the while the seven men entering Canton share the attention with something that can be avoided.

Commissioner Goodell you owe these seven men either a deadline for resolution to the Farve issue before Saturday or a moratorium to prevent this possible travesty from occurring. Saturday belongs to these seven men please see that they receive their just rewards.

You need better things to worry about. Talk to Al Gore - he can hook you up.

Saturday, 6pm EST on the NFL network. I don't know if other stations are carrying it or not. It's a 4 hour program on the NFL network

ESPN will also be covering it as well...please don't tell me that this means Chris Berman will be the M-C again.

With all due respect BillyK, there must be a long list of stuff you can better choose to be really concerned, scared, shuddering over, no ?!

Maybe pissed or irritated is more on the mark :D

As Chief skin so aptly put it ....... "Screw Farve and Screw the Packers"

HTTR

I keep having a scary thought of The NFL Hall of fame inductions being overshadowed … By the Bret Farve circus. In years past nothing has been bigger then the players who are to be enshrined the weekend of inductions. However in this never ending Farve news cycle I fear just that.

I shutter at the thought of a crawl under the screen of minute to minute Farve movements as the players assemble on the stage. Perhaps a picture in picture feature with Farve walking into the packers training facilities. All the while the seven men entering Canton share the attention with something that can be avoided.

Commissioner Goodell you owe these seven men either a deadline for resolution to the Farve issue before Saturday or a moratorium to prevent this possible travesty from occurring. Saturday belongs to these seven men please see that they receive their just rewards.

youre worrying too much, there is nothing to be concerned about.

you were spot on..ESPN sucked, from what I heard. Thankfully I watched NFL network. While they did mention it, I don't think it was bad. I heard ESPN was totally consumed w' it

Yes but about every other person they interviewed they asked, i.e. to Dick Butkus, "So, what do you think about the Favre saga?" It was very annoying.

We watched NFL network for the pre-HOF stuff then ESPN for the ceremony, but taped them both.

I recorded both, I'm interested to see if either network truly showed the level of representation Redskins Nation had there tonight. The Redskins owned that ceremony, cheering for Monk lasted a good 3 to 5 minutes, when they introduced Joe Gibbs chants and cheering went on for 2 solid minutes.

Adam Schefter is a douche, and this sealed it in my mind.

The only thing he really cares to ask Dick Butkus on HOF Induction Day is about Brett Favre. What really made it bad is that he said, "Mr. Butkus, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask you your opinion on the Brett Favre situation."

No, Adam, you wouldn't have. At least that was the pre-ceremony show though. A others mentioned, ESPN took several minutes at the top of the show to discuss Brett Favre (without any new information to boot) which in my mind shows nothing but disrespect to the six inductees.

Sounds like I should've watched NFL Network.

I recorded both, I'm interested to see if either network truly showed the level of representation Redskins Nation had there tonight. The Redskins owned that ceremony, cheering for Monk lasted a good 3 to 5 minutes, when they introduced Joe Gibbs chants and cheering went on for 2 solid minutes.

I watched NFL Network's pre-ceremony show and ESPN's coverage, and they both made numerous comments about the Redskins presence and panned the camera to show it. You could hear "Hail to the Redskins" and "It's about time" over the commentary.

I wish I could've been there, but even watching it on TV was moving, especially when Art came to the stage.

I'll stop spoiling it though...you're in for a treat.

You can bet the ranch that it has really upset the league office that the DRAMA-QUEEN BRETT saga has been a distraction from the Hall of Fame weekend. Yeah, Brett it's all about you....you're the center of the universe. Oh, only 1 ring? Wow, I thought you'd have 4 or 5 by the way the media kisses up to you. I hope you DO play, and end up like Namath and Johnny Unitus (the entire public shook their heads and saw guys who should have retired) when they played their final seasons with the Rams and Chargers.....

Archived