Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Remember Steve Bartman? Can he refuse this offer?

royallypwned

That's funny. **** the Cubs and their miserable fan base. Those hosers were up 3-0 when that occurred. The rest is on the team.

it was 3-2 actually, but the Cubs were 6 outs away from the WS, before giving up 8 runs in the 8th.

I would be there to sign the picture in a heartbeat.

You would be a fool to turn that down.

I would too, but you never know what a guy would be thinking in this situation when he realizes that there are still plenty of people who would love to see him dead. Sad, but true.

it was 3-2 actually, but the Cubs were 6 outs away from the WS, before giving up 8 runs in the 8th.

Actually, the score was 3-0 at the time, there was one out and a runner on second:

At the time of the incident, Mark Prior was pitching a three-hit shutout for the Chicago Cubs in the eighth inning. For the Marlins, Luis Castillo was batting, with one out and Juan Pierre standing on second base. The Chicago Cubs were leading the game 3-0, leading the series three games to two, and were five outs away from reaching the World Series for the first time since 1945 and attempting to win it for the first time since 1908.[4]

Following the incident the Marlins scored eight runs, six of them unearned: [6]

Castillo, given new life, drew a walk. Ball four was a wild pitch from Cubs starter Mark Prior, which allowed Pierre to advance to third base.

Iván Rodríguez singled to drive in the first run of the inning, making the score 3-1.

Miguel Cabrera hit a ground ball to Alex S. Gonzalez, who misfielded the ball. Had Gonzalez fielded the ball properly, the Cubs could possibly have ended the half-inning with a double play. Instead all runners were safe and the bases were loaded.

Derrek Lee doubled, tying the score and chasing Prior from the game.

Relief pitcher Kyle Farnsworth issued an intentional walk, then gave up a sacrifice fly to give Florida a 4-3 lead. Another intentional walk again loaded the bases.

A bases-clearing double from Mike Mordecai broke the game open, making the score 7-3.

Pierre singled to put Florida ahead 8-3.

Finally Luis Castillo, whose foul popup initiated the controversy, popped out to second to end the inning. In total, the Marlins had sent twelve batters to the plate and scored eight runs. Florida won the game 8-3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman

Incidentally, Alex Gonzalez was the REAL goat, but no one seems to remember him booting an easy, inning-ending double play ball.

Actually, the score was 3-0 at the time, there was one out and a runner on second:

Incidentally, Alex Gonzalez was the REAL goat, but no one seems to remember him booting an easy, inning-ending double play ball.

I can vividly rembember that AG misplay. It would have been tough to get two but it was possible. The major thing was Prior was cruising along before that happened. He was completely shaken up after Bartman did his thing. It really did cost them the game.

That's ok though, this is the Cubs year. They have destiny on their side.

Didn't Alou come out and say he wasn't going to catch that ball anyway?

Also, I thought they couldn't find Bartman for the longest time...there was this myth that he was in some type of protective service..Doubt that was true, but you never know with sports now a days

ahh ok, sorry, I thought you meant the series count, not the game score. :)

Didn't Alou come out and say he wasn't going to catch that ball anyway?

I was just about to mention that. Yes, I think he said that fairly recently, didn't he? Since the beginning of this season, me thinks.

Archived