Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Cambell has a quicker throwing motion?

coldpacker

His release probably is quicker.

I noticed in the first pics murf posted from minicamp that Zorn has him holding the ball up higher -- at his shoulder instead of at his midsection. That'll definitely speed things up a little bit.

That was only half the problem though. He's going to have to bring his short/intermediate passes DOWN if this offense is going to work. I think he can, and I think he will. But we need to be looking at that too.

I dont' think its wishful thinking.. I might have to logon to nfl.com and compare. he's very light footed now too....... wow!

Zorn said right after he was hired as HC that he was going to be going over JC's mechanics. Sounds like he's done some fine tuning...

He's going to have to bring his short/intermediate passes DOWN if this offense is going to work. I think he can, and I think he will. But we need to be looking at that too.

...either that, or just throw to taller recievers.:D

Great observations. That actually one of the first things I wanted to look for going into training camp. I think that is much more important than many people emphasize. Should help with his fumbles as well as completing passes in this system.
I am very happy about this

It should have a big affect on our offense overall

If TD/INT ratio increases....we will see a franchise emerge

Cool

Did I say how happy about this I am? :applause:

If this is indeed the case the results will come on gameday, not practice. The video I saw was he threw a pass to Devin and it was very low, but Devin came up with it. Coach Zorn said he would have gotten an offensive pass interference on the play, so the ball must have been thrown terribly.

If this is indeed the case the results will come on gameday, not practice. The video I saw was he threw a pass to Devin and it was very low, but Devin came up with it. Coach Zorn said he would have gotten an offensive pass interference on the play, so the ball must have been thrown terribly.

That ball would have been at Santana or ARE's midsection, though, if we're being honest. They're not the tallest fellows. :laugh:

I sure hope JC is able to adjust his throws depending on the height of his receiver, seeing as he's actually got guys taller than 6'0" now. A between-the-numbers throw to Malcolm more than likely hits Santana between the eyes...and he's got a rocket for an arm, so I hope he doesn't kill anyone out there. O_O

I didn't notice a night and day difference, but maybe a tad bit faster. I will say this though. On the first pass of the video, he looks like Brunell with his happy feet.

I think Zorn wants him shuffling his feet more so he stays moving and mobile while in the pocket. I for one was never against Brunell's happy feet. He moved very well in the pocket even in his older age. Zorn did say Jason still looked uncomfortable or not natural in what he wanted him doing. That will take time. I'm sure come opening day, Campbell will be fine.

he's got Jason bending his knees more as well. That should help with bringing hte ball down abit, as well as putting him in a better position to avoid a rush, and to hang on to the ball if he does get hit. The jury is out on Zorn as a HC but Zorn as a QB coach is a known commodity. He's a very good one and I think JC is going to be a very, very good QB in a couple years.

Archived