Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I got Marcus Washington's autograph!!

georgiaredskin

My day and my life are made! I finally got Marcus' autograph at training camp today! I got up close and told him that we named our cat after him and he got a kick out of that and laughed!!! I also told him I went to Auburn, too, and was an Auburn swimmer and he thought that was cool. And I got to thank him for calling me from the Redskin's car show last year and leaving me a message on my cellphone (b/c I had a migraine and couldn't go). I got to tell him everything I always wanted to: That he was my FAVORITE player; I told him he was the BEST and he was AWESOME! And he flashed his winning smile and said, "I sure appreciate that. Thank you, sweetheart!"

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I also got Chris Cooley's autograph, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly and Durant Brooks' autograph!!! (all on a white Redskin's collectible football) WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!!!! I will remember it FOREVER!!!!! :cheers:

We also had a blast with fellow ESers at Old Dominion Brew Pub. It was great seeing you guys again! :D :logo: :helmet: :point2sky

My day and my life are made! I finally got Marcus' autograph at training camp today!

Aw, Karla, that's awesome! I couldn't be happier for you! That had to be a heckuva moment. "Sweetheart," huh? I bet you coulda been knocked over with a feather after that. :silly:

Congrats on a great day. No one is more deserving. Heck, and THEN to get Cooley (!!!!!!!) and Thomas (who was the guy I wanted in the draft all along) that's just amazing.

Glad you had such a good day, sweetness. :cheers:

Aw, Karla, that's awesome! I couldn't be happier for you! That had to be a heckuva moment. "Sweetheart," huh? I bet you coulda been knocked over with a feather after that. :silly:

Congrats on a great day. No one is more deserving. Heck, and THEN to get Cooley (!!!!!!!) and Thomas (who was the guy I wanted in the draft all along) that's just amazing.

Glad you had such a good day, sweetness. :cheers:

OMGOSH don't you know it! I still could be knocked over with a feather!! I am on :cloud9: x INFINITY!!!! I couldn't see straight! I actually got Cooley's first! Then Marcus! Then after that, I couldn't see straight! And the worst part was, everyone thought Thomas was Randle El :doh: but he TOTALLY took it in stride, was SO humble, didn't say a word, just smiled and kept signing autographs. I knew it didn't seem right but heck I was in a total funk after just having gotten Marcus' autograph. You could have told me he was the Incredible Hulk and I would have believed you and wanted his autograph!!!!! So I am a fan of Devin Thomas, for his character, as well as what I've learned about his skills.

So I am a fan of Devin Thomas, for his character, as well as what I've learned about his skills.

That's good to hear. I know the kid's got all the physical skills and football skills in the world. Good to know that he sounds like a class guy too.

What a day. I wish I could've made it down there. :(

Sounds like a hell of a day. I'm happy for you.

Oh man it was. I know some others got Campbell's, Stuart Schweigert and (I think) Zorn's autograph. Thanks!

That's good to hear. I know the kid's got all the physical skills and football skills in the world. Good to know that he sounds like a class guy too.

What a day. I wish I could've made it down there. :(

True that. Things like that define your character-and that means he totally is a class guy. We are very lucky to have him.

We wish you could have made it, too. :(

i gotta a crappy tip from a starter. i was mad. i made sure he paid for everything after that. :mad:

That sucks! I used to be a waitress so I know how it feels. Classy not to mention who it is.....

with all of them signing autographs, I wish I was still at home. Im actually just as jealous about missing a hangout at the Old Dominion Brewery, I love that place!

Yeah this reason alone makes it worth it not to move from here. :)

i decided last minute to go. i was hoping to bump into someone, but didn't. my son didn't last more than an hour, so i wasn't there the whole time.

congrats on the sigs, karla. i was armed w/ plenty of stuff to be signed, and an adorable 4 year old to ask for it, but eli quit on me before we got a chance. :(

congrats on the sigs, karla. i was armed w/ plenty of stuff to be signed, and an adorable 4 year old to ask for it, but eli quit on me before we got a chance. :(

Thanks, buddy! Aww!!! Next time I'm sure you'll get a bunch of good ones, at a time when he will be in a better mood to enjoy the whole experience. At least you were there to catch the practice. From where we were standing, we basically could see that the running backs, Campbell & Collins looked sharp, and Reed Doughty had a sick interception. Most of the action was downfield where we couldn't see.

Figured I'd put some of our better pics up here. Now, these aren't going to rival Murf's or anything, but we did the best we could.

PortisSellersHandshake.jpg

Portis and Sellers shaking hands with Betts standing by.

PortisRopes.jpg

Portis on the ropes course after Betts and Sellers went through.

StartingLBs.jpg

Our starting linebacker corps.

ZornWorkingWiththeO.jpg

Zorn working with the offense.

OffenseComingOutoftheHuddle.jpg

The offense coming out of the huddle.

CampbellUnderCenter.jpg

Campbell under center.

KarlawithAutographs.jpg

georgiaredskin2 with her newest prize possession.

KarlaGettingThomassAutograph.jpg

georgiaredskin2 getting Antwa---I mean, Devin Thomas's autograph.

Are you sure you told him EVERYTHING you always wanted to tell him?;)

Congrats tho Karla, sounds like an awesome day. Hopefully I can make it up there sometime this week, I wanna see if Jason Taylor will teach me the Waltz

:laugh: :laugh: You ain't right!!! :laugh: :laugh:

you're not 35 you liar head!!!

:cloud9: I've never been happier to be called such a name. :laugh:

Great post. Happy to hear that you had a great time at camp.

I'm going to have to make a trek myself some year soon.

Thanks! It was one of the happiest days I will always remember so I had to share it with my ES family! I encourage you to go. Nothing jolts your summer like it.

Wow, Devin Thomas really does look like Randle El at that angle lol.

:laugh: Good. I don't feel so bad. I was looking at his biceps thinking, "Land sakes, man, what did you EAT all summer long?!!!" :laugh: :laugh: but also wondering "Didn't he have more dimples and wasn't he SHORTER?" I was REALLY in a MARCUS DAZE still! :laugh:

Karla, the picture of you holding your newest prize possession is TOO CUTE!!! I'm so glad that you finally got to meet MW. Hopefully he flashed you one of those uber-adorable smiles and melted your heart a little more!!!

Thanks, Candace!! You would have thought I won the lottery because to me I DID!!! :) :cloud9: OMGOSH he did! When he called me sweetheart and all, he flashed that smile and those dimples and I think I melted into the grass! (no, then I turned into this zombie who when they said "go get Randle El's autograph" I went straight for him believing it was him! But am VERY glad to have gotten Devin Thomas' autograph!!)

That's awesome Karla - couldn't have happened to a better person. And I promise I will have your project finished before the beginning of the season. :)

Thanks, Jaimie!! I still have that text saved that you sent me when you saw Marcus at the Atlanta airport! LMAO!!!!!

Thats awesome! I'm so happy for you! I know how much you love Marcus!!!:)

Thank you, buddy! :D It's players like him that make our life so fun while watching football. I feel SO BLESSED that I got to talk to him and get his autograph, and actually make him laugh and smile. ;)

Archived