Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaches Show?

fifthorkid88

Boy, you miss one simple letter S and there is no mercy. :laugh:

I have been out of the area for the better part of 12 years, if not George, then who? Who is DC's top rated sportscaster? Who would be the preferred host? I know it wouldn't be Larry Michael. Wait did I spell that correctly? :silly:

I have been out of the area for the better part of 12 years, if not George, then who? Who is DC's top rated sportscaster? Who would be the preferred host? I know it wouldn't be Larry Michael. Wait did I spell that correctly? :silly:

Oh come on now. The George Michael thing has been a running joke around here for years. :)

Anyone hear anything on whether or not Zorn is going to have his own coaches show like Gibbs did? Lets all hope that George Michael doesn't host!!!!

Larry Michael said Zorn will be on Redskins Nation (comcast 4pm & 11pm) every Tuesday when the season starts.

I like George Michael. Always just associated him with the Redskins, like Herzog. I went away from the area for ten years, and when I returned... it was good hearing those familiar voices. But there are some other good sports guys, like the ones you mentioned.

I actually like George. I know that Zorn will be on with LM. But I can barely tolerate LM, so that's kindof a moot point for me. I hope George does the same Saturday night TV show he used to do with Gibbs. If it's not him...

I would vote for Linsay Czarniac. Who filled in for George when he was out a couple years ago. And did a very admirable job. (And she's easier on the eyes than George).

The other TV person would be Kelley Johnson. Who's clearly not at the same level as Linsay since she's on a cable network and not a broadcast network, but she's tough and asks good questions. The little spat she got into with Gregg Williams over Lavar at some point was priceless. She wanted an answer why he didn't play, he wouldn't give her one, started bullying her, and she bullyed right back. Really well done.

Years ago, there was a good guy on Channel 9-Glen Brenner. He was a former baseball pitcher and he was funny and well-liked by most sports fans. Before Brenner there was Warner Wolf but he moved to New York. With Channel 4 sending George Michael out to pasture the DC sports market has really not developed yet a new set of Sports personalities outside of Sonny and Sam. Is Frank Herzog only on radio now there?

Years ago, there was a good guy on Channel 9-Glen Brenner. He was a former baseball pitcher and he was funny and well-liked by most sports fans. Before Brenner there was Warner Wolf but he moved to New York. With Channel 4 sending George Michael out to pasture the DC sports market has really not developed yet a new set of Sports personalities outside of Sonny and Sam. Is Frank Herzog only on radio now there?

Glen Brenner was a god.

I remember as a teen tuning into his sports report just for his schtick, even when there was nothing going on that I cared about.

As for a coach's show, I'm sure he'll show up somewhere. Even when King George didn't have a coach on his roster, somebody did. Norv's coach's show was on Ch. 7 with Renee Knott. So someone will do it. I just hope it's with a real reporter or sports anchor and not Larry Michael.

The funny thing is that it is Michael and not Michaels. "George Michael" There was never an "S".

:laugh:

I guess the Michael flowed so smoothly into Sports Machine I remembered it as Michaels, lus the fact that it has been so long since I was in the area.

I guess I should ask then, is it Larry Michaels or Michael? :laugh:

Damn, I haven't been in the Stadium in forever and the first time I come back I make to huge errors. :doh:

Archived