Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank God My Tax Dollars Aren't Going To This...

19Skins72

I stumbled across this NJ state project this morning...

-----

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/01/garden-state-riddle-how-will-the-chicken-cross-the-road/

"Oh, all right, so maybe this isn’t about chickens, but in its plans to widen a part of the Garden State Parkway to three lanes from two, the New Jersey Turnpike Authority has set aside $9 million to build tunnels for certain animals to cross to the other side.

The $135 million overall project, which is to widen the parkway along 17 miles, between Toms River and Manahawkin in Ocean County, will apparently harm the habitats of 14 species of animals, most of them birds.

The state D.E.P. advised turnpike officials this year that they would have to build the tunnels “to reduce the mortality of the critical wildlife” if they wanted to meet the permit requirements, the newspaper reported."

-------

I wonder what is next? Perhaps the NJ D.E.P. will use tax dollars to train the animals and insects on how to properly use the tunnels :D

The $135 million overall project, which is to widen the parkway along 17 miles, between Toms River and Manahawkin in Ocean County, will apparently harm the habitats of 14 species of animals, most of them birds.

I never knew Jersey had a high population of penguins, ostriches and other non-flying birds.

I worked on a hydroelectric project in Finland as a student.

When they built dams on the big rivers it interfered with salmon migration, so they put in elevators.

When I heard this I had to ask if the salmon knew how to press the button to start the elevator. But apparently during the migration period they had an operator watching and when the salmon showed up at the bottom of the dam they were unceremoniously elevated to the other side so they could continue their journey.

135million so that the Pine Barren tree frog, the eastern tiger salamander and timber rattlesnake can crawl through a tunnel instead of the road?

how will they know where the tunnels are located as opposed to the massive stretches of land?

Don't worry, your tax dollars are being wasted on something stupid too, and God has nothing to do with it.

You realize that you are tempting all the resident conspiracy theorists to post here on why tax dollar waste is all God's fault!?!

I worked on a hydroelectric project in Finland as a student.

When they built dams on the big rivers it interfered with salmon migration, so they put in elevators.

When I heard this I had to ask if the salmon knew how to press the button to start the elevator. But apparently during the migration period they had an operator watching and when the salmon showed up at the bottom of the dam they were unceremoniously elevated to the other side so they could continue their journey.

Wicked sick!

Yeah we should totally just burn all the animals and get rid of all the nature around where we live. Much cheaper to build and expand when you dont' have to deal with trees, streams, or any such nonsense. I mean it's not like we are the richest country on the planet or anything.

Yeah we should totally just burn all the animals and get rid of all the nature around where we live. Much cheaper to build and expand when you dont' have to deal with trees, streams, or any such nonsense. I mean it's not like we are the richest country on the planet or anything.

:laugh:

Overreact much?

Archived