Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX: Obama Campaign Calls New Yorker Magazine Cover “Tasteless and Offensive”

IHOPSkins

Barack Obama had no response to the cover of the July 21st issue of The New Yorker Magazine, seen below, except to shrug incredulously and tell reporters, “I have no response to that.”

The cartoon features Barack and Michelle Obama celebrating with a fist bump in the Oval Office in front of a portrait of Osama bin Laden and an American flag burning in the fireplace. Mrs. Obama is portrayed as a militant radical, while Obama appears foreign. The image reflects, some might say mocks, the rumors that have plagued the couple over the last 18 months.

While the candidate declined comment, his campaign did not. “The New Yorker may think, as one of their staff explained to us, that their cover is a satirical lampoon of the caricature Senator Obama’s right wing critics have tried to create. But most readers will see it as tasteless and offensive. And we agree,” spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement.

The magazine features a lengthy article on “how Chicago shaped Obama.”

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/07/13/obama-campaign-calls-new-yorker-magazine-cover-tasteless-and-offensive/

original.jpg

I think Michelles shoes are the real offensive things

I havn't seen ones like that since Bozo the Clown

040527_bozo_ccol.standard.jpg

Discuss

I find it funny how the most conservative (or at least the most outspoken Republicans) all live in the most liberal states.

CA, MD, and Mass.

All of us here at extremeskins are happy that your vote doesn't count. Keep up the good work.

In order words, you don't have an opinion on the subject or can't form the words in your mind, so you mindlessly lash out.

Got it. Duly noted.

In order words, you don't have an opinion on the subject or can't form the words in your mind, so you mindlessly lash out.

Got it. Duly noted.

Actually, I didn't think it was real until I clicked the link. All I saw was that the source was a blog so I thought it was just another one of IHOP's many "I hate Obama threads."

However, I stand by the post I made.

Actually, I didn't think it was real until I clicked the link. All I saw was that the source was a blog so I thought it was just another one of IHOP's many "I hate Obama threads."

However, I stand by the post I made.

I suggest then that you read the article before commenting any further. It really hasn't anything to do with IHOP's position on anything. He simply asks for a discussion.

Your comments were quite out of line and borderline hijacking. :2cents:

Fox news -- "All the news not fit for print"

Ok, where is the "Fox Spin" here? I'm finding it funny that they bring up a topic the libs don't like and it's now no longer "news". :laugh: Comedy.

Again, care to talk about the topic or are you here to fling poo?

I suggest then that you read the article before commenting any further. It really hasn't anything to do with IHOP's position on anything. He simply asks for a discussion.

Your comments were quite out of line and borderline hijacking. :2cents:

I jumped to conclusions. Your are right. This was bound to be posted by someone.

The editors at the New Yorker need to realize what this will do to Obama. This will crush his campaign. In many peoples eyes this will give validity to all those terrrorist emails.

I have no idea what the hell they are thinking. They also gave Fox News new material for a couple months.

Bets the articles are sympathetic???

No?

Sympathetic with what? Nothing in that picture is anything more than pathetic little republicans trying to find something, anything, that will allow the 3% maverick into the white house.

OMG HE'S A MUSLIM THAT SPENT 20 YEARS IN A CHRISTIAN CHURCH WITH A MINISTER WE DON'T LIKE. DID YOU KNOW HE HAS A WHITE MOTHER AND MCCAIN LIKES BLACK PEOPLE?! HIS WIFE HATES AMERICA!!!!!

I suggest then that you read the article before commenting any further. It really hasn't anything to do with IHOP's position on anything. He simply asks for a discussion....
Thanks Oldskool :applause:

I have been trying to post more articles and offer less opinion

But

It doesn't stop me from laughing at the Bozo though :laugh:

I think Obama handled it well,he's gonna need a thick hide in the days ahead.

The Chicago connection is gonna be the next big thing to beat him up with.

He really shouldn't have pissed off Bill.

Sympathetic with what? Nothing in that picture is anything more than pathetic little republicans trying to find something, anything, that will allow the 3% maverick into the white house....
Yup

The New Yorker is a republican rag :doh:

Yup

The New Yorker is a republican rag :doh:

Did I say it was? :doh:

I'm questioning your comment concerning it being "sympathetic" as if Obama had done anything at all wrong. I'm very familiar with the new yorker and I realize they are mocking republicans with that picture.

Ok, where is the "Fox Spin" here? I'm finding it funny that they bring up a topic the libs don't like and it's now no longer "news". :laugh: Comedy.

Again, care to talk about the topic or are you here to fling poo?

you know originally i considered this "not news"... its a satirical cover --

then i realized how many people are not going to read the magazine and not see the intended satire of the cover but believe it rather as an endorsement of ignorant beliefs from a liberal source.

my statement was more referring to the constant stream of sub-par lazy journalism from a purported "news agency."

Archived