Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Would Win In A Race, Darrel or Deion?

djbubba4life

Some of you guys kill me with some unfounded and flat out untrue statements. (To the person who said Deion never ran a 4.2)Im homegrown Burgundy and Gold for life but also a Deion fan no doubt.

Just prove ur point in what u say instead of just throwing out a "guess".

This is a super close race, and while he was with the skins here he (Deion) only gave up one TD on the year while being tied for the team lead with Champ in pics

http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/5923/Sports++Recreation/NFLs+Unofficial+Fastest+40Yard+Dash+Times.aspx

Ain't that the truth. He would have pulled up around the 30 to make sure he wasn't in the camera view as Dorsett crossed the goal line. That was the classic "Deion".

Actually Deion would have never even considered running to the other side of the field.

Some of you guys kill me with some unfounded and flat out untrue statements. (To the person who said Deion never ran a 4.2)Im homegrown Burgundy and Gold for life but also a Deion fan no doubt.

Just prove ur point in what u say instead of just throwing out a "guess".

This is a super close race, and while he was with the skins here he (Deion) only gave up one TD on the year while being tied for the team lead with Champ in pics

http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/5923/Sports++Recreation/NFLs+Unofficial+Fastest+40Yard+Dash+Times.aspx

I see that and raise you

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_darrell_greens_40-yard_dash_time

Darrell Green is and was faster than Deion Sanders. Darrell was a world class track star in college. Here is what Wikipedia says about D Green's track days.

In track and field, Green set numerous national and conference records and earned ten All-America certificates.[6] His first meet was in 1981 in San Angelo, Texas, where he ran a 10.08 in the 100-meter dash. The mark still stands as the all-time best in the Lone Star Conference.[8]

Green's all-time collegiate best in the 100 was 10.08, 20.50 in the 200 and 45.90 in the 400.[8] He was named the most valuable track performer at the 1982 and 1983 Lone Star Conference Championships. He won gold medals at the LSC meet in the 100-meter dash in 1981, in the 100-meter and 200-meter dashes in 1982 and in the 100-meter and 200-meter dashes in 1983.[8]

Green was named to the NCAA Division I All-America roster in 1981 and 1982, and was on the NCAA Division II All-America team in five events in 1981 and 1982. He was NAIA All-America in 1981 and 1982 in four events.[8]

I think Deion may have ran some track in college, but no way had the career Green did. I also though I've heard Darrell could have went to the the 84 olympics, but it would have interfered with training camp, so he didn't. Deion did run a 4.18 40 at the combine. I have found some places on the net that said Darrell ran a 4.09 at the combine which is just insane. Darrell and Deions times were done before they used electric timing so, it wasn't as accurate back then as it is now. Bo Jackson ran a 4.10 which is insane for a guy his size.

to put a end to this whole Debate:

There is no tape to Prove DS Ever ran anyone down from behind.....

On the other hand Darrel Green Ran down

1. Dorsett

2. Eric Dickerson With a 20 yard lead and Dickerson was a World class Sprinter

3. Beat Willie Gault Twice in the NFL Fastest Man Comp

4. Beat Ron Brown in the Nfl Fastest man Comp

5. AT Age 39 ran down German Crowell Lions wr who was 25

Like a said you Never Saw DS run down anybody from behind except some Strippers:laugh:

Darrell would win by several lengths. Deion would juke and dance over the starting line before he actually started running.

to put a end to this whole Debate:

There is no tape to Prove DS Ever ran anyone down from behind.....

On the other hand Darrel Green Ran down

1. Dorsett

2. Eric Dickerson With a 20 yard lead and Dickerson was a World class Sprinter

3. Beat Willie Gault Twice in the NFL Fastest Man Comp

4. Beat Ron Brown in the Nfl Fastest man Comp

5. AT Age 39 ran down German Crowell Lions wr How was 25

Like a said you Never Saw DS run down anybody from behind except some Strippers:laugh:

Why would Deion chase down anyone? It's not like he was going to tackle them once he got there.

Darrell Green would win it hands down.

Although Deion was POSSIBLY a better cover corner, Darrell was a better all around corner. Darrell would not shy away from tackling, Deion well yeah, let's just say he looked like a kicker trying to make a tackle.

I presume you meant when both guys were in their 20s and not middle-aged guys far removed from football.

Darrell had faster times in both the 100m and 40 yard dash. He can claim to have beaten every single member of the record-setting US 4 X 100 Olympic team from the LA games in head to head races, this includes Ron Brown, Sam Graddy, and Carl Lewis. In fact, the only person that Darrell ever lost to in the 100m was Lewis. Darrell once ran a 9.98, which at the time he ran it, was 3/100ths of second slower the the world record.

Darrell also won all four NFL's Fastest Man contests he entered into, winning all 12 races he participated in (three per contest), and in 1986, the competition's inaugural year, he ran the fastest 60m ever clocked...no one beat it in the 11 subsequent years.

So, if you're talking pure verifiable track speed, Darrell is your answer.

pwned! :applause:

Darrell Green would win it hands down.

Although Deion was POSSIBLY a better cover corner, Darrell was a better all around corner. Darrell would not shy away from tackling, Deion well yeah, let's just say he looked like a kicker trying to make a tackle.

D Green could play man to man, zone. Deion could not tackle or was scared to.

Why would Deion chase down anyone? It's not like he was going to tackle them once he got there.

Good point. Green is legendary for chasing people down, but Deion's speed was in his coverage and getting to the ball quicker. I think Green would beat him, but I'd like to see them do it when they were in their primes.

Ain't that the truth. He would have pulled up around the 30 to make sure he wasn't in the camera view as Dorsett crossed the goal line. That was the classic "Deion".

Good one. Plus, this purpose of running down Tony was TO TACKLE HIM...we all know Deion don't do tackling..:laugh:

Bo Jackson ran a 4.10 which is insane for a guy his size.

Yeah, I've heard that...Bo was a freak of nature...glad I was around when he played so I can tell my kid about him...he's going to be some kind of mythical player in a couple of generations.

Archived