Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 Game Recommendations?

Mass_SkinsFan

RPG: Elder Scrolls Oblivion

FPS: CoD4

strategy : Civilizations (new)

3PS: Gears of War

3PA (3rd person adventure) GTA4, Godfather, Saints Row (<----to a lesser extent)

Sports: FIFA 08, any Madden or NCAA in the past two years, NBA 2K8, NHL2K8

Board game: Catan, Texas Holdem

Yeah, if you like shooting things solo, CoD 4 is a good game.

Bear in mind that with x-box live you hugely extend the playability of many games and get to play against other people who don't behave like AI. No matter how good AI is, it doesn't behave like a thinking person. In some games 'hard AI' equals playing by different rules to you, not super skilled. :mad:

If you don't have X-box live, then I would just rent rather than purchase games as very few (games like Oblivion excepted) don't have that many hours in them just playing the story.

Yeah, if you like shooting things solo, CoD 4 is a good game.

Thanks.

Bear in mind that with x-box live you hugely extend the playability of many games and get to play against other people who don't behave like AI. No matter how good AI is, it doesn't behave like a thinking person. In some games 'hard AI' equals playing by different rules to you, not super skilled. :mad:

Again, it's not my system and I'll probably only have limited access to it so Xbox Live really wouldn't be worth it for me. Besides, when I'm playing these games I'm generally not looking for a massive challenge. When I used to play Madden it was always on one of the lowest levels so I didn't have to worry about losing very often.

If you don't have X-box live, then I would just rent rather than purchase games as very few (games like Oblivion excepted) don't have that many hours in them just playing the story.

A game that has 10-12 hours in it might take me a month to complete due to the restricted amount of access I will have to the system.

A game that has 10-12 hours in it might take me a month to complete due to the restricted amount of access I will have to the system.

For that, I would recommend using gamefly.com.

You can rent unlimited games and keep them as long as you want without having to buy them. In the long run, it's probably cheaper than buying every game you want to play.

For the record, you do not have to pay to get "XBOX Live Silver." And thats pretty cool on its own as you can download free game demos and trial XBOX Live Arcade games. You just cant play games online unless you buy the Gold membership. All you have to do for Silver is hook an ethernet cable up to the back and sign up I'm pretty sure.

You can rent unlimited games and keep them as long as you want without having to buy them. In the long run, it's probably cheaper than buying every game you want to play.

Yeah ... we use a similar service Gamerang where we have two games on rental at any time.

We've cut dramatically the number of games we now buy.

Yeah ... we use a similar service Gamerang where we have two games on rental at any time.

We've cut dramatically the number of games we now buy.

Tried that a while back with the PS2. Ended up buying two of the games anyway when I got frustrated and tossed the game dvd's across the room and broke them. For me it's easier to just buy them up front. It's also why I generally don't get a whole lot of them unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy and be good at them.

Tried that a while back with the PS2. Ended up buying two of the games anyway when I got frustrated and tossed the game dvd's across the room and broke them. For me it's easier to just buy them up front. It's also why I generally don't get a whole lot of them unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy and be good at them.

I'm sure you've been asked this loads of times but don't you think you should try and work out your anger issues?

I don't mean that in a condescending way or anything. I just think you might be happier if you were less angry.

Tried that a while back with the PS2. Ended up buying two of the games anyway when I got frustrated and tossed the game dvd's across the room and broke them.

Maybe you should use a wired, rather than wireless, controller then. :laugh:

CoD4 is definitely the game you want if you want a shooter. You'll be doing yourself a disservice though if you don't bring the game onto Live after you beat it. It makes the game so much more enjoyable and extends it's replay value many, many times. At least do one of the Xbox Live Gold 5 day trials, which are free, and come with lots of games you buy new.

I'm sure you've been asked this loads of times but don't you think you should try and work out your anger issues?

I don't mean that in a condescending way or anything. I just think you might be happier if you were less angry.

It was tried back when I was a kid (9 or 10). After almost a year of "therapy" my parents were told that I would only change if and when I decided that I wanted to. I still haven't seen a need or had a desire to and I turn 34 one week from today.

Maybe you should use a wired, rather than wireless, controller then. :laugh:

I don't think we have a wireless controller for any of the systems so that shouldn't be an issue.

CoD4 is definitely the game you want if you want a shooter. You'll be doing yourself a disservice though if you don't bring the game onto Live after you beat it. It makes the game so much more enjoyable and extends it's replay value many, many times. At least do one of the Xbox Live Gold 5 day trials, which are free, and come with lots of games you buy new.

It definitely sounds like CoD4 is one of the things I need to be looking at.

One of the things about Live is that I'm not sure we have the capacity to do so with our current router. I think we're using all the connections we currently have, and that's already caused signal decay issues at times. If Adam decides to set up the Live feature some time I might give it a try but it's not the main focus of what I'm looking for.

I'd completely forgotten about Bioshock, which is a great game as well. If the main game is your focus, Bioshock right up there if not better than CoD. Also, there is no online component to Bioshock, and you can probably pick it up used for a good price, especially somewhere like ebay.

If you get XBOX live get battlefield bad company, HANDS down the best shooter and online game out fro xbox, better then COD4.

-Grant

Is it that good? I tried the downloadable demo and wasn't too fond of it for whatever reason, maybe the actual game is better? What are your favorite things about it?

Archived