Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 Game Recommendations?

Mass_SkinsFan

My roommate bought an XBOX 360 a couple of weeks ago. I'm wondering what some of the good games out there to be looking at are.

Unfortunately, not being much of a video game enthusiast anything that requires you to use more than about 3-4 fingers at a time is beyond my motor skills. I've played most of the major sports games on other systems in the past and enjoyed most of them.

Any ideas on what's out there for the XBOX 360 that I might enjoy?

If you enjoy shooting games with limited controls, I recommend Halo 3. There are better, more in-depth shooting/war games like the Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor, Rainbox Six, and Call of Duty series, but they are all more complicated to control as well.

Sports games are pretty gravy, the major titles are pretty obvious (Madden, FIFA, NBA, College Hoops, NHL, MLB)

I enjoy Forza Motorsport, which is a simulation-style racing game, but the Burnout series is really good for arcade style racing.

Gears of War and Army of Two are good shooting games as well.

Also, Grand Theft Auto IV is solid.

My roommate bought an XBOX 360 a couple of weeks ago. I'm wondering what some of the good games out there to be looking at are.

Unfortunately, not being much of a video game enthusiast anything that requires you to use more than about 3-4 fingers at a time is beyond my motor skills. I've played most of the major sports games on other systems in the past and enjoyed most of them.

What types of games do you enjoy the most?

RPGs:

Lost Odyssey

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Mass Effect

Action/Adventure:

Lost Planet

Grand Theft Auto 4

Shooters:

Gears of War

Call Of Duty 4

Halo 3

BioShock

There are also some fun xbox live games you can download directly to the console as well.

typically, you're mostly using your thumbs and use your index fingers from time to time.

If you're into hockey at all, NHL 08 is possibly the best NHL game to come out since NHL 94, although you might want to wait until 09 comes out.

if you're into First Person Shooters, you may be interested in Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 or Bioshock. (and since they're fast-paced, they may help improve those motor skills)

Call of Duty 4

Gears of War.

For you, try Age of Empires, Civilization. Even Lord of The Rings, Battle for Middle Earth II.

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at a number of those.

Do you plan on getting Xbox LIVE?

No, his current plan is not to get Xbox LIVE. Personally, I don't care for multi-player games so that wouldn't have been my cup of tea anyway.

If you enjoy shooting games with limited controls, I recommend Halo 3. There are better, more in-depth shooting/war games like the Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor, Rainbox Six, and Call of Duty series, but they are all more complicated to control as well.

I'll definitely look at Halo 3. I've played some of the older versions of Rainbow Six on my PC but those were much more limited versions than what's out there now.

Sports games are pretty gravy, the major titles are pretty obvious (Madden, FIFA, NBA, College Hoops, NHL, MLB)

Definitely. I avoid Madden nowadays but that used to be one of my favorite PS2 titelse.

I enjoy Forza Motorsport, which is a simulation-style racing game, but the Burnout series is really good for arcade style racing.

Not so much my style, but thanks for the info.

Gears of War and Army of Two are good shooting games as well.

I'll take a look at those.

Also, Grand Theft Auto IV is solid.

REALLY not my style.

What types of games do you enjoy the most?

RPGs:

Lost Odyssey

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Mass Effect

Action/Adventure:

Lost Planet

Grand Theft Auto 4

Shooters:

Gears of War

Call Of Duty 4

Halo 3

BioShock

There are also some fun xbox live games you can download directly to the console as well.

I'm not so much into the RPG style stuff but thanks for the info. I'm mostly into the shooters and sports stuff. Xbox LIVE isn't going to be part of the deal but thanks again.

typically, you're mostly using your thumbs and use your index fingers from time to time.

If you're into hockey at all, NHL 08 is possibly the best NHL game to come out since NHL 94, although you might want to wait until 09 comes out.

if you're into First Person Shooters, you may be interested in Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 or Bioshock. (and since they're fast-paced, they may help improve those motor skills)

Maybe I'll look at NHL 08 to begin with and go from there. Especially if I can get it used at a decent price.

Anything that requires more than about 4-5 fingers to use is going to be beyond my motor skills. Especially since I'm not a big video gamer and will only be playing it periodically, since it's Adam's system, not mine. Besides, with my total lack of patience I can see myself having to replace the system after I throw it out the window if I get too frustrated with it. :D

Call of Duty 4

Gears of War.

For you, try Age of Empires, Civilization. Even Lord of The Rings, Battle for Middle Earth II.

They make AOE for Xbox 360?

Mass-- Call of Duty is definitely your thing, killing terrorists and Russians and all.

NFL Head Coach lets you manage the team, and with your crazy ideas about how to run a franchise you might like it, not exactly action packed though.

Just picked up Civilization Revolution yesterday. Its a strategy game that is turn based. I'm not sure if you'd want to spend the time you need for this game, but i've read most matches won't go over 4-6 hours.

Its a great thinking mans game rather than a fast twitch game, in the sense that you have a tech tree. The decisions you make regarding what you will research will profoundly affect your civilization's progress.

So far I love it, and its one of the simpliest button games i've ever played/seen.

have fun with the 360!

They make AOE for Xbox 360?

Mass-- Call of Duty is definitely your thing, killing terrorists and Russians and all.

NFL Head Coach lets you manage the team, and with your crazy ideas about how to run a franchise you might like it, not exactly action packed though.

it just came out or is coming out very soon

You should definitely take a look at Call of Duty 4, I'm really not a first person shooter but I couldn't stop playing this game. Its very quick to learn, amazing graphics and it actually makes you think and do, as opposed to just running and killing.

I may be in the minority, but I get a kick out of playing Legos Star Wars.

I've played Lego Indiana Jones and it's not really my speed, but ty.

My concern with CoD is that it's a very thinking based game, not so much of a shooter, from what I hear. That would probably frustrate me a bit.

NFL Head Coach I might look at, but I don't remember hearing great things about it when it came out.

Just picked up Civilization Revolution yesterday. Its a strategy game that is turn based. I'm not sure if you'd want to spend the time you need for this game, but i've read most matches won't go over 4-6 hours.

Its a great thinking mans game rather than a fast twitch game, in the sense that you have a tech tree. The decisions you make regarding what you will research will profoundly affect your civilization's progress.

So far I love it, and its one of the simpliest button games i've ever played/seen.

have fun with the 360!

I've played CIV for the PC in the past so that might be something to look into. Thanks for the info.

Get Rock Band . . . probably not your thing but it's a lot of fun . . . .

Plus throw in the added humor I'm sure myself and many others on this board would get from imagining MSF rocking out to the game and we have a winner.

DEFINITELY NOT my speed or style; but ty for the input.

Anything that requires more than about 4-5 fingers to use is going to be beyond my motor skills. Especially since I'm not a big video gamer and will only be playing it periodically, since it's Adam's system, not mine. Besides, with my total lack of patience I can see myself having to replace the system after I throw it out the window if I get too frustrated with it. :D

Like this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi0oYGH5_94

:laugh:

Archived