Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today - Jacksonville Jaguars headed to Los Angeles?

@DCGoldPants

it makes NO sense at all.

in 06 the chefs go 9-7 and the faiders go 2-14 and the donkeys go 9-7

in 07 the chefs go 4-12 and the faiders go 4-12 and the donkeys go 7-9.

dont try and act like im some chargers fan, i just live here so i know what is going on out here. they arent competitive at all. Norv isnt running anything out here, it is the players who are doing all the work and they are all young and extremely talented. the chefs keep trading away anyone who may be decent or running them in the ground. the donkeys are extremely old and the faiders have overpaid far too much this year and wont improve.

i never once said the past decade so that is just you assuming you know what i am thinking. they are doing a lot more then slightly rebuilding.

did you even look at my profile or did you just try and jump on me? did you check any of my posts or did you just figure you would clown me and say that the chargers arent that tuff? im from maryland, born and raised. i have been a skins fan since the day i was born and if you took 2 seconds you could figure that out.

So...they should have moved the Redskins out of the NFC East in the mid 90s in order to let someone compete with the Cowboys.

That's your logic anyway. We should realign divisions based on small sample sizes of competitiveness.

So...they should have moved the Redskins out of the NFC East in the mid 90s in order to let someone compete with the Cowboys.

That's your logic anyway. We should realign divisions based on small sample sizes of competitiveness.

right, thats my logic. break up the oldest rivalry in the NFL compared to putting someone in the weakest division in the NFL to compete with the Chargers.

where did you learn how to compare things?

"oh yes, this apple is just like this hand grenade." :rolleyes:

'Mike you're hitting the bottle while posting again aren't you? :laugh:

These are all original AFL teams. You don't screw with tradition like that.

And as for the Jags moving to L.A., this all hinges on the owner selling the team. He has stated that the team isn't for sale.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3481424

NOOOOOOO!!! :laugh:

werent the Cards an older team as well and we booted them just as easily.

right, thats my logic. break up the oldest rivalry in the NFL compared to putting someone in the weakest division in the NFL to compete with the Chargers.

where did you learn how to compare things?

"oh yes, this apple is just like this hand grenade." :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is tradition. I'd hate to see the AFCW break up b/c it is originl AFL teams. Jax has no place out there, even if they moved to LA I'd like to keep them in the AFCS.

Jax is a fun team to watch right now, but I wouldn't want to see them replace KC in the AFCW b/c they have great rivarlies out there, just like we do here in the NFCE.

I was so glad when we finally got rid of the Cardinals in '02.

I would personally like to see the Jags move to the AFC West and get rid of sorry ass KC. makes more sense anyways and it would be great to have a rival in the AFC West that is actually a decent team.

"Sorry ass" KC? You DO know, that as recently as 2005 both the Chiefs and the Broncos finished ahead of the Chargers, don't you? In your mind, two consecutive years of Chargers success is all it takes to justify reconfiguring a division rich in rivalries and traditions?

And over the last 5 seasons, KC has gone 43-37, while the Chargers have gone 50-30. That's a seven game difference, or put another way, the Chargers have one 1.4 more games a year than the Chiefs.

Is that 1.4 games all that separates the Great Chargers from the "sorry ass" Chiefs? Really?

Change up the NFC West, sure. Leave the AFC West alone. They'll be fine.

I have to disagree here. With the total dominance of the Chargers its too lopsided now.

The Chiefs have NO WR, no QB, and they just got rid of the only real talent on D.

The Donkeys are old and Cutler is an average QB with the talent around him shrinking fast. (Im still sad that Champ was on the most overrated CB tandem)

And the Faiders are WAY overboard with signings. They are making us look like we were mediocre when we used to do it.

I dont see the Sparks having any problems for the next 5-6 years. And by ANY problems, I dont see them losing more then 1 game in the div. They are just too talented on all sides and it would just be awesome to me if they brought in the Jags because that team can beat them...:2cents:

"Sorry ass" KC? You DO know, that as recently as 2005 both the Chiefs and the Broncos finished ahead of the Chargers, don't you? In your mind, two consecutive years of Chargers success is all it takes to justify reconfiguring a division rich in rivalries and traditions?

And over the last 5 seasons, KC has gone 43-37, while the Chargers have gone 50-30. That's a seven game difference, or put another way, the Chargers have one 1.4 more games a year than the Chiefs.

Is that 1.4 games all that separates the Great Chargers from the "sorry ass" Chiefs? Really?

you are also discussing a year where Brees was hurt and Rivers wasnt playing.

You are also discussing when Merriman was a rookie.

You are also discussing when Louis Castillo was a rookie.

The Chargers keep bringing in great players while the Chefs keep losing them. Its not really that hard to see where this division is at and where it is going. I mean, you trade Jared Allen for some draft picks and think you are going to compete?

But the Chiefs are up and coming, they had an incredible draft and they're loading up with new talent.

The Donkeys and Raiders...not so much.

But there are weaker divisions out there (with one dominant team). Don't think thats a reason to change anything, its cyclical...teams can only stay good for so long and the other teams will catch up.

But the Chiefs are up and coming, they had an incredible draft and they're loading up with new talent.

But there are weaker divisions out there (with one dominant team). Don't think thats a reason to change anything, its cyclical...teams can only stay good for so long and the other teams will catch up.

there are?

I dont know one weaker division out there that is worse off then the AFC West except maybe the AFC East. And that is close..

incredible draft doesnt equal victories. ask us when we drafted LaVar and Samuels. We were set up to dominate on both ends..:(

there are?

I dont know one weaker division out there that is worse off then the AFC West except maybe the AFC East. And that is close..

incredible draft doesnt equal victories. ask us when we drafted LaVar and Samuels. We were set up to dominate on both ends..:(

Well, up until the Bills got better I would say the AFC East.

Pats dominante, Bills/Jets/Miami are awful.

there are?

NFC West

AFC East

I said the AFC East but I have to disagree about the NFC West. LA had one bad year but they are pretty tuff in that div and the Cardinals just seem like one piece away of being great.

"LA"? lol ;)...I think you mean St. Louis lol...

And "one bad year"? The Rams have gone 8-8, 6-10, 8-8, and 3-13 over the last four years. Why do you give them a pass but claim the Chiefs are a "sorry ass" team? If anything, it's the Chiefs who have had "one bad year".

there are?

There is more parity in the AFC west than there is in the AFC east. Do we need to figure out a way to even up the AFC east too? No. The chargers spent a few years as cellar dwellers in the Ryan Leaf era. The point is as someone said earlier, the NFL is cyclical, and parity driven. I love the way the NFL conferences are set up, and there is no need to make changes for competative reasons. In a couple years the division could be flip flopped for all anyone knows.

There is more parity in the AFC west than there is in the AFC east. Do we need to figure out a way to even up the AFC east too? No. The chargers spent a few years as cellar dwellers in the Ryan Leaf era. The point is as someone said earlier, the NFL is cyclical, and parity driven. I love the way the NFL conferences are set up, and there is no need to make changes for competative reasons. In a couple years the division could be flip flopped for all anyone knows.

Yep...it's impossible to align the NFL divisions to make them more competitive. You'd have to realign them every 3-4 years due to the cyclical nature of the salary-capped, free agent-moving, parity-driven modern NFL. The Chiefs could EASILY end up winning a Super Bowl before the Chargers do, for all we know. Would anyone have thought the Giants would have before the Eagles?

That's what I was going to say. Just because a division sucks it up for a few years, is no reason to change it. If that were the case, they would have moved someone into the AFC East and NFC West long ago.

The AFC West as it is now, was how it was in 1960. The Buccaneers spent the 1976 season in the division until they put the Seahawks in there permanently. Like the NFC East, the NFL didn't want to break up traditional rivalries and is why the Pukes are still in our division. Personally, rivalry aside, I was kind of hoping the NFL would have sent the Cowboys to the west. It wouldn't have made a difference to me if they were in another division and since we've lost 2 out of every 3 games in the series, it would have saved me heart attacks.

Not only did the NFL try to accomodate teams in a geographical sense, but they included rivalries in the mix. Naturally most rivalries are geographical in nature (GB-Chi) (Pitt-Clev) (NYG-Phi) and so on, but they tried to make sure the traditional ones were kept in tact (Was-Dall) (St.L"old LA"-SF) (Mia-all of the AFC East when they should be in the south).

And as far as Weaver saying that the rumor is false, he'll continue to say that even though as we all know, eventually he'll have a press conference saying he's moving the team or selling it. Never say never and never believe everything you read.

That's what I was going to say. Just because a division sucks it up for a few years, is no reason to change it. If that were the case, they would have moved someone into the AFC East and NFC West long ago.

umm..seattle perhaps?

AFC west for many years and moved to the NFC West.

Archived