Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Expect Wade Phillips to be gone next season

tr1

Jean-Jacques is at it again...but the reason Wade is gone is because the pukes will suck badly this year...no golden parachute will be involved. :laugh:

01:22 AM CDT on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/ivr/stories/070908dnspoinsidethecowboys__.31900ea.html

This is not a make-or-break season for coach Wade Phillips, though I happen to think it's his last season.

He'll either take this team loaded with talent and win the Super Bowl and ride off into the sunset afterward. Or the Cowboys will fall short of their goal, and Jerry Jones will give him a golden parachute to leave so he can promote Jason Garrett.

The Cowboys' offensive coordinator, the NFL's highest-paid assistant coach, turned down head coaching jobs in Atlanta and Baltimore last season. It's hard to believe he would turn down the opportunities he's sure to get at the end of this season, provided the Cowboys have the high-powered offense everyone anticipates.

This is not so much a knock on Wade as it is a reality of the situation. Jerry eventually wants Garrett to be the head coach, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's better for Wade to leave a year or two early than for Jerry to lose out on Garrett, if he truly thinks the Cowboys' offensive coordinator will be a terrific head coach.

Jean-Jacques is at it again...but the reason Wade is gone is because the pukes will suck badly this year...no golden parachute will be involved. :laugh:

just how badly are they going to suck? Like, only winning 6 games? What's your prediction this week?

I'd rather Wade stay as long as they are choking in the playoffs.

Same here.

No doubt Wade loses his job at most a week or two after the season is done assuming they don't win a SB. Wade knows he's not in their long term plans which is why they won't win with him at the helm.

Side note: Tony Homo will never win a SB. The guy has the nerves of a 6 year old girl.

Did anyone read the Q&A section under the article? The first question is hilarious. The last sentence is so blunt it just cracked me up...

Q: You recently said Patrick Crayton was the most complete receiver on the roster. There is not one area of his job description where Crayton is better than either T.O. or Terry Glenn, and I doubt he's better than Miles Austin or Sam Hurd by any substantial margin. What's wrong with you?

If Wade can't see the writing on the wall he's blind. He knows this is his final season no matter the outcome. The only question will be if they do not perform to expectations, does he make it until the end of the season.

Archived