Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton talks about the Skins

darrelgreenie

ya he said basically with drafting Fred Davis that were gonna b using more twin tight ends..that's it..nothing new..i was kinda surprised 2 see redskins on the side ticker..thinking that they were gonna praise us, but they tell us stuff we already know

ya he said basically with drafting Fred Davis that were gonna b using more twin tight ends..that's it..nothing new..i was kinda surprised 2 see redskins on the side ticker..thinking that they were gonna praise us, but they tell us stuff we already know
Thanks, I had a feeling thats all it would be

I was surprised that Clayton accented Davis' big play potential in the red zone and didn't focus on the negative comments made by some college scouts about his attitude and work ethic at USC.

Either way, it's not like Clayton did his own investigation.

'research'?

that's done by the young schmucks down in the cube farm as interns. the 'big boys' aren't digging for news but merely reporting what has already been discovered.

This is true, but in the case of Clayton and many other ESPN "expert reporters" they are merely reading what other people have all ready written, or reported then repeat it.

He also pointed out that Zorn is not used to having such productive TE's. He rambled off some numbers of Seattle's TE's and basically said Captain Chaos is way more productive than any TE Zorn has been around. And, Davis has a lot of potential.

Went on to say that Zorn is anxious to use his new weapons in 2 TE sets. This and our running game may get us through the growing pains we have all heard about.

I have always like John Clayton....sure he looks like a nerd, but he often is very informative. Some of you folks need to stop being so thin-skinned, and accept the fact that the national media is going to dis-respect our Skins until the Skins can step it up to the next level....such as reaching NFC Championship games, and such.

The thing about Clayton is he is objective he is not a former player so he doesn't put his little bias spin on it like aikman and other former players turned studio heads.

Why do people hate on Aikman, the guy has always praised the redskins and Joe Gibbs... I watch every single Skins game and I have NEVER heard Aikman say anything biased or even very negative about the skins.. in fact Joe Buck once said that Portis was the best RB in the NFL.. anybody who is biased against the skins would never let that pass..

Why do people hate on Aikman, the guy has always praised the redskins and Joe Gibbs... I watch every single Skins game and I have NEVER heard Aikman say anything biased or even very negative about the skins.. in fact Joe Buck once said that Portis was the best RB in the NFL.. anybody who is biased against the skins would never let that pass..

I agree, Aikman is probably one of the more unbiased former player media heads in the indutry right and actually has his own formed opinions that doesn't really go with the trend. He points out things as he sees them, and will often being up strengths of teams when everyone is talking about how crappy they are. I usually hear this dynamic between Buck and Aikman (in between the *** kissing from Buck to Troy of course :silly: ).

Plus, Aikman said that Portis is his favorite player in the NFL!

:applause: I was about to respond to the Aikman hate, but you beat me to it. He's great to listen to.

I have always like John Clayton....sure he looks like a nerd, but he often is very informative. Some of you folks need to stop being so thin-skinned, and accept the fact that the national media is going to dis-respect our Skins until the Skins can step it up to the next level....such as reaching NFC Championship games, and such.

I'm not sure everyone is thin skinned about the Redskins not getting love. I think everyone is used to that by now. I think peope are more bothered about the glorification of teams who haven't earned the praise they've received...(Dallas) I'm not expecting praise for our team, but how is Dallas the fav to represent the NFC in the SB when they choke at home in the playoffs. We've won more playoff games in the last 3 years than they have. I think Skins fans are just tired of hearing about Dallas. We've reached a higher level than Dalls with our playoff win while they've choked in the playoffs. Last year was the first year for Wade Phillips as Dallas' head coach, and there was coverage the whole offseason on that team. This year the Skins hire a new coach, and bring in a lot of offensive talent from the draft, and sports analysts act there's only 3 teams in the NFC East. All we get to here is, "The Skins have a new coach which means its a transition year, so they're comming in last in the NFC East." I think people would like for analysts to report SOMETHING about the Skins. Also, our FO was pretty much mocked for being thorough when selecting a new coach. I remember a few weeks ago seeing a story on ESPN on how Pacman Jones intercepted a pass during OTAs and returned it for a TD. Have you ever heard a report on a good play made during OTAs for any team in the NFL????? I think people are just sick of having to hear about Dallas when there's no actual news to report. We have much more going on during this offseason, yet there are stories about one play made during Dallas' OTAs. Enough venting....I'm excited to see our double TE sets. Glad to see some attention for the Skins is given. Hail!!!!

Agreed, and good point. Despite being a former Dallas Cowboy, I have never heard Aikman bash the Skins in any way. During TV broadcasts, you can tell that he respects the Skins ability to compete with Dallas in recent years despite the fact that the media ranks Dallas as the superior team on paper.

I was surprised that Clayton accented Davis' big play potential in the red zone and didn't focus on the negative comments made by some college scouts about his attitude and work ethic at USC.

I'm not surprised at all. The point of the coverage was to show that the Redskins were experimenting with two TE sets. Davis' big play potential was relevant to the piece; Davis' attitude/work ethic had no relevance. In fact, NO redskins feel that way about Davis.

The thing about Clayton is he is objective he is not a former player so he doesn't put his little bias spin on it like aikman and other former players turned studio heads.

Clayton is a fool he doesn't know a dam thing about football,hell he still thinks Gibbs is the Coach of the Skins and that the Pats will win the Superbowl!

'research'?

that's done by the young schmucks down in the cube farm as interns. the 'big boys' aren't digging for news but merely reporting what has already been discovered.

That is the job though. All the big boys did it at some point in time in their careers. The current low guys on the totem pole will have people doing all their research one day for them to report to the cameras and flashing lights.

Archived