Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Coldplay Album

shk75

Well I digested the album and I must say, it's different from a Rush of Blood and X&Y. If your expecting a Rush of Blood To the Head, then your not going to get it. It's a different sound and to me, I like 8 out of 10 songs on the CD. The two I'm indifferent on, are ok, but a different Coldplay sound. To me, you can't have the same sound every single album. But this CD is something you have to get used to. Overall I do like the album.

Well I digested the album and I must say, it's different from a Rush of Blood and X&Y. If your expecting a Rush of Blood To the Head, then your not going to get it. It's a different sound and to me, I like 8 out of 10 songs on the CD. The two I'm indifferent on, are ok, but a different Coldplay sound. To me, you can't have the same sound every single album. But this CD is something you have to get used to. Overall I do like the album.

Yeah, it's way different than "A Rush of Blood to the Head", my personal favorite, and "X&Y". The more and more I listen to it though, the more I like it. I find myself humming tunes of songs I wasn't originally into as much.

It's an overall good CD, just not the same sound you are used to. This is probably a good thing, good to see the band isn't complacent and the music is stagnant. Change is good, as long as it doesn't get to the point where the experimental sound gets in the way of what the fans actually like.

does anybody actually like the split/hidden/double tracks type things. or am i not the only hater?

Most of the split tracks have second songs that aren't the best on the CD. It's not too bad because I can just hit next if I don't like it. The second songs on those tracks aren't the best of the CD, so I'm indifferent.

does anybody actually like the split/hidden/double tracks type things. or am i not the only hater?

It depends on how they tie in to each other. It can work really well if done right. Wings for Marie & 10,000 Days: Wings Part 2 (Tool) and Prickly Thorn but Sweetly Worn & St. Andrew (White Stripes) are two that come to mind.

And am I the only one that thinks the first track on this album (42) starts to sound very NiN'sh about halfway through?

• 2 weeks later...
I just learned that the lyric "a carnival of idiots on show" in the song Violet Hill is a reference to Fox News. Take that right wingers!

Yay for Coldplay to stick it to the man!

Where did you hear that? :laugh:

Btw, I finally got the CD and can't get the song "Cemeteries of London" out of my head. Great CD...and I love how the last song wraps around to the beginning again. Awesome.

Where did you hear that? :laugh:

From wikipedia.org that was citing Rolling Stone. Apparently a direct quote from Chris Martin in the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_Hill_%28song%29

Martin told Rolling Stone that lyrics about a fox becoming a god and a "carnival of idiots on show" were a commentary on Fox News.[5]

I did interpret that correctly, right?

Archived