Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politico: Bush backer pens Pro-Obama Book

Tulane Skins Fan

No, not McClellan... thank god. But, a book from a christian evangelical, and an article which touches the "muslim" theories and Reverend Wright/the Trinity United Church of Christ from an Evangelical's view:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11099.html

The conservative Evangelical biographer of George W. Bush and Tom DeLay has moved on to a new subject: Barack Obama. And his new book, due out this summer, may lend credibility to Senator Obama's bid to win Evangelical Christian voters away from the Republican Party.

The forthcoming volume from Stephen Mansfield, whose sympathetic "The Faith of George W. Bush" spent 15 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list in 2004, is titled "The Faith of Barack Obama." Its tone ranges from gently critical to gushing, and the author defends Obama-and even his controversial former minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright-from conservative critics, and portrays him as a compelling figure for Christian voters.

"Young Evangelicals are saying, 'Look, I'm pro-life but I'm looking at a guy who's first of all black-and they love that; two, who's a Christian; and three who believes faith should bear on public policy," Mansfield, who described himself as a conservative Republican, said in a telephone interview. "They disagree with him on abortion, but they agree with him on poverty, on the war."

Abraham Lincoln

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dwight Eisenhower

Jimmy Carter

George Bush

Bill Clinton

Ronald Reagan

William McKinnley

John Quincy Adams

and all the American named presidents....!

Then there is Barrack Hussein Obama.......and nobody has a problem with that?

It may just be a name to you guys,but it tells me more than that people!

I'm truly sad, for many of you....

Did anyone read the article? What do any of these posts have to do with it? :doh:

Its an interesting article, I personally think faith needs to be kept away from politics as much as possible...the two just don't mix. I don't see Obama as being as tied to his faith as Bush.

Abraham Lincoln

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dwight Eisenhower

Jimmy Carter

George Bush

Bill Clinton

Ronald Reagan

William McKinnley

John Quincy Adams

:doh:

Whats even sadder is that you are so ignorant and short sighted that you would actually hold someones middle name against them.

Go away.

Abraham Lincoln

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dwight Eisenhower

Jimmy Carter

George Bush

Bill Clinton

Ronald Reagan

William McKinnley

John Quincy Adams

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Only bigots should have a problem with his name. Hell, I think it's a good thing...it shows how far we've come :2cents:

YOU'RE the one I feel sorry for.

Abraham Lincoln

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Dwight Eisenhower

Jimmy Carter

George Bush

Bill Clinton

Ronald Reagan

William McKinnley

John Quincy Adams

Translation: if a candidate doesn't have an old white man's name, I'm not voting for him.

How is that white hood fitting you these days?

God loves all his children. Why can't you?

Michael 33 you are a joke. His name to you means the Anti Christ. How anyone could possibly believe in that nonsense is amazing. You truly are an embarrassment.

You are a short leveled, brainless, gullible moron and a disgrace to America.

Edit: Every time you post, the internet lags a lil bit.

Ok, so in essence Obama is christian and the article states this, this is nothing new.

Actually, for a lot of people (see every other thread in the tailgate), that is new.

But, I think more than that it says that Obama can appeal to a younger generation of christians who don't view aborition in a vacuum. It would, IMO, make sense for evenaglicals to look at all the issues and weigh them together.

Certainly aborition and gay marriage issues go in favor of McCain, but every other issue weighs towards Obama. Yet, the christian right political activists have been able to convince evangelicals over the years that aborition is THE issue they need to vote on. Perhaps Obama can break that model.

I thought he only loved Jews?? ;) I have the best of both worlds, Jewish blood and Christian faith, I win either way :D

No. No. No. This is a common misconception. God loves the Jews best (you only hurt the ones you love), but he loves all his children. God's capacity for love is infinite.

No. No. No. This is a common misconception. God loves the Jews best (you only hurt the ones you love), but he loves all his children. God's capacity for love is infinite.

Well ya know, had "we" not chosen to piss and moan for all those years in the desert we'd have found the promised land much sooner. And some could argue another point when "we" were ordered to wipe out the cananites and insteadlet the women and children live against God's orders but thats a different topic. God's capacity for love might be infinite but he/she/is also vengeful and jealous.

And this folks is another hi-jacking by SO and Burgold.

Well ya know, had "we" not chosen to piss and moan for all those years in the desert we'd have found the promised land much sooner. And some could argue another point when "we" were ordered to wipe out the cananites and insteadlet the women and children live against God's orders but thats a different topic. God's capacity for love might be infinite but he/she/is also vengeful and jealous.

And this folks is another hi-jacking by SO and Burgold.

Actually, I think it's a hijack by michael... a form of religious terrorism if you will.

I'm on the fence about religion and politics. I want my leaders to be men of deep conviction and the highest of ethical and moral standards, so on the one hand, I want my Presidents to have some type of strong religious or philosophical foundation. On the other hand, I DO not want someone who is driven by religion or who will use it as a tool to trample on me or others.

Actually, I think it's a hijack by michael... a form of religious terrorism if you will.

I'm on the fence about religion and politics. I want my leaders to be men of deep conviction and the highest of ethical and moral standards, so on the one hand, I want my Presidents to have some type of strong religious or philosophical foundation. On the other hand, I DO not want someone who is driven by religion or who will use it as a tool to trample on me or others.

I look historically in the past 100 years of "leaders" with no religious convictions, Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao - lotta bad **** there.

Millard Fillmore

Martin Van Buren

Ulysses

Grover

Dwight

Lyndon

What were we thinkin hiring Germans and Muppets and Millards.

Good God, first we have that other nonsence and now we have you picking on Muppets. MUPPETS! Is no minority safe from your scathing disdain. Muppets have done more for this society than all the other races put together.

Muppets Rights! Muppets Rights! Muppets Rights!

This message was brought to you by the Friends of Jim Henson.

Here is Obama speaking on religion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg8lCLumByw

In contrast here is McCain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izhjnaLa3M

Abraham Lincoln

Dwight Eisenhower

Jimmy Carter

George Bush

Bill Clinton

Ronald Reagan

William McKinnley

John Quincy Adams

and all the Protestant named presidents....!

Then there is John Fitzgerald Kennedy.......and nobody has a problem with that?

That last "scary name" president was a real disaster, wasn't he?

Same s***, different decade.

Remember when all the doom and gloom predictions came true, and Kennedy surrendered American sovereignty in favor of lying prostrate in front of the Vatican, and we all ended up taking marching orders directly from the Pope?

The xenophobes sure nailed that one. They're quite the reliable narrators.

:rolleyes:

Archived