Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucs Message Board: Don't Talk About Jerramy Stevens Article

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=160079

The article is not allowed to be discussed on these boards.

The only reasons for this are:

1. If linked to, it will contains words which are censored here, and will thus be consided by-passing the censors.

2. The article brings up, to paraphrase, forcing someone into sexual activities. That topic is not allowed here.

Anyone posting the article, or linking to it, will be suspended. This does not mean you are not allowed to disuss Stevens, however, let's keep 1 and 2 out of it, shall we?

This is a warning as much as a favor.

Oh, and congrats to the Bucs for getting such a quality character guy - Jerramy Stevens seems to be another Pacman type player - just even worse. Guess it just goes to show that no matter what you do - some team in the NFL will give you a second chance. :doh:

This makes me SICK. The Bucs (and frankly, the Seahawks), should be ashamed of themselves. This "man-child" is an embarrasment to the NFL, the good hard-working honorable players, and the game of football itself.

For those not in the know...

Jerramy Stevens

Professional career

Seattle Seahawks

Stevens was selected by his hometown Seattle Seahawks as their first-round pick in the 2002 NFL Draft; he was the 28th player taken overall. Seattle traded its first-round (No. 20) and fifth-round (No. 156) choices to Green Bay for the Packers' first-round (No. 28) and second-round (No. 60) choices. Green Bay used the picks to select Javon Walker, a wide receiver from Florida State, and Aaron Kampman, a defensive end from Iowa. After picking Stevens, Seattle used the second-round choice to select Anton Palepoi, a defensive end from UNLV.

Before Super Bowl XL, Stevens said in a February 2, 2006 interview, "The story of Jerome Bettis returning to his hometown (Detroit) is heartwarming, but it's going be a sad day when he doesn't walk away with that trophy." This drew the ire of Pittsburgh Steelerslinebacker Joey Porter who in reaction to the statement said, "A guy running in and out on special teams shouldn't be sayin' things like that." On February 5, 2006 Stevens caught 3 passes for 25 yards in Super Bowl XL. Among his catches was Seattle's first-ever (and only) Super Bowl touchdown. However, he also dropped three key passes in the Seahawks' 21-10 loss to the Steelers.

On November 6, 2006 in a game against the Oakland Raiders, Jerramy Stevens was kneed in the groin by Raiders defensive end Tyler Brayton, who was then ejected from the game. Neither player was suspended, but Brayton was fined $25,000 by the NFL for the incident, and Stevens was fined $15,000 for his involvement, as well as an earlier taunting incident. [2]

Art Shell, the Raiders coach, said in an interview that Stevens was the instigator, and had tried to knee Brayton earlier. However Mike Holmgren, the Seahawks coach, responded by saying that Stevens was not attempting to strike Brayton, but was struggling for leverage which caused his leg to flare out. [3]

On March 20, 2007, Seattle general manager Tim Ruskell confirmed that Stevens' days with the Seahawks are done. "I would say it's probably a time for a change of scenery and to move on," Ruskell said. [4]This move was widely expected, as only hours after Stevens' arrest on March 13, the Seahawks signed veteran Marcus Pollard, giving them four tight ends.[5]

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

On April 29, 2007 he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He caught his first touchdown pass as a Buccaneer in Week 13 of the 2007 season against the New Orleans Saints, a 4-yard reception late in the 4th quarter which proved to be the game-winner.

On May 30, 2008, Stevens was re-signed by the Buccaneers after the team waived quarterback Bruce Gradkowski.

On June 4, 2008, he was suspended for 2 games and fined 3 game checks after violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.[6]

Legal troubles

• On June 2, 1998, Stevens was arrested on charges of second-degree assault armed with a deadly weapon and fourth-degree assault. According to a police report, Stevens and a friend engaged in a fight with a 17-year-old and witnesses said Stevens stomped on the man's face. The victim suffered a broken jaw and ate with a straw for six months. Stevens agreed to a plea deal of a charge of misdemeanor assault, when they learned he did not use the bat, despite Stevens having repeatedly violated the terms of his home confinement while awaiting trial.

• On July 10, 1998, Stevens tested positive for marijuana and served a day in jail.

• On July 27, 2000, Stevens was arrested for the sexual assault of a 19-year-old University of Washington freshman. Stevens initially denied having sex with the accuser, but later admitted to having sex with her in the yard of a fraternity house in the early morning hours of June 4, 2000, after a fraternity party, but maintained it was consensual. However, a UW student who walked by and witnessed them having sex called 911 to report it as a possible rape, noting that the woman appeared to be drugged; he described her as "half passed out ... eyes glazed ... no one home."[7] [8] Stevens's semen was found in the victim, who was penetrated vaginally and anally, and numerous witnesses testified that she acted as if drugged at the party. Police suspected a date rape drug was given to the woman at the party, but blood samples were taken too late for testing.

Despite these suspicions, the King County prosecutor declined to file rape charges against Stevens due to "confusing and conflicting statements".[9] [10]

A civil suit, which resulted in a settlement, was later filed by the victim. The civil settlement was not publicly disclosed, but according to published reports included a $300,000 payment by Stevens to the plaintiff. The investigation and aftermath of this incident and the subsequent decision to not charge Stevens were reported by the Seattle Times. [11] [12]

• On May 4, 2001, Stevens was cited for reckless driving and hit and run after crashing into a nursing home. Stevens pleaded guilty to hit-and-run and causing property damage and was sentenced to 240 hours of community service.
  • On April 3, 2003, Stevens was stopped by Medina, Washington police and was charged with reckless driving and driving while intoxicated. He pleaded guilty to reckless driving and was fined $1,000 and was sentenced to two days in jail because the judge ruled Stevens violated his probation from the hit-and-run case.
  • On March 13, 2007, Stevens was arrested in Scottsdale, Arizona for suspicion of DUI after his blood-alcohol content was measured at 0.204, over twice the legal limit of .08 and considered "extreme DUI" in Arizona. He was later found guilty in a court trial, and was subsequently sentenced to 12 days in jail and fined $3,160. [13]This sentence was later decreased to 10 days by a Scottsdale city judge.
  • On March 20, 2007 the Seattle Times report that multiple complaints were raised against Stevens by other residents in his condominium complex. The complaints include, vomit on their doors, used condoms on the back porch, loud parties at all hours of the night, and various noise complaints. [15]

Another example of why ExtremeSkins is the best fan board around with the best MODs.
I don't care if it looks like kissing up. It's a message board, not a job situation, so I'll just say what I really think:

Our mods are the best, and they never get thanked. Thanks, mods!!!!

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

classy guy....

he deserves a bit more but this will do for the time being

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OGG0zWu_VIs

I don't get it. A boards who's team logo used to be this

buccobruce.gif

is disallowing conversations about anal sex? :laugh:

But seriously, when a player on your team is even remotely mentioned being involved in a possible rape case, it's pretty assinine to disallow conversation about it.

Butt thinking about it, on a Pirate board, how could they not be talking about seamen.:silly:

I don't get it. A boards who's team logo used to be this

buccobruce.gif

is disallowing conversations about anal sex? :laugh:

But seriously, when a player on your team is even remotely mentioned being involved in a possible rape case, it's pretty assinine to disallow conversation about it.

Butt thinking about it, on a Pirate board, how could they not be talking about seamen.:silly:

Ow...that was excruciating!

:laugh:

Seattle Times Piece

This is an UNBELIEVABLE story every fan of the NFL should be aware of.

It blows my f'ing mind guys like this aren't dealt the appropriate level of justice..

:doh: :doh: That is just ridiculous. He seems like true scum of the earth in every sense of the phrase. I feel bad for "Marie", and ashamed of UW, and the department that never wants to file charges on these RAPISTS.

How this guy has only been suspended once for 1 game in his career is mind boggling considering the amount of times he has been in trouble.

For those who have been around here for a while...remember Darrell Russell? There was some spirited debate about whether it was a good idea to have him around, and some chuckleheads even wanted to sign him to an extension. I recall being berated for suggesting we shouldn't. :)

But regardless, unlike with the Bucs board, the debate was never censored despite some pretty sordid details...and if it happened today I still don't believe it would be censored. Pretty gutless move from the Bucs' moderators.

Hahaha

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=160235

They're even pretending like it's not censorship. Yeah, I'm sure the reason you can't talk about it on the official message board is because of some language and sexual contact. The reason you can't talk about it is because the Bucs told them they can't. Any mod on that site that says otherwise is a liar.

Guys, one thing to keep in mind when it comes to team owned boards. ES is the only team board run by fans instead of team employees.

That whole "link to sexual content" rule that their mod is sticking to wouldn't even hold water here.

My Favorite:

a_avatar.gifDailyRich user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_3251939", true);

Yes, because if we don't talk about it and pretend it doesn't exist, everything will be okay.

I'm almost 40 years old. I should be able to use Butkus' first name without it being censored.

Stuff like this is why I lurk and rarely post. You can have a family board and not treat everbody like they're five years old.

And their MOD's response?

TBB Mod V user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_3251942", true);

The moment people stop acting like they're five years old, we won't have a problem.

If we were to remove the rules, including but not limited to the rules about which words not to use, the board wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell to stay a family friendly place.

If you don't like it, there are thousands of other sites out there.

TBB Mod V,

TBB BBS Staff

What a bunch of giant jackasses they have running that board. Not only are they employees of the Bucs - they're also complete *******s!

Hey - check it out:

Dick Butkus

Dick Butkus

Dick Butkus

Dick Butkus

Dick Butkus

Guys, one thing to keep in mind when it comes to team owned boards. ES is the only team board run by fans instead of team employees.

That whole "link to sexual content" rule that their mod is sticking to wouldn't even hold water here.

This is why we have the best sports message board on the interwebz. Thanks to all the mods for all the hard work you do to keep this place sane.:cheers:

Jerremy Stevens keep two r's in his name incase he drops one....

Really why would they take so much heat and go out on a limb for a guy who sucks as bad as stevens?? I mean i guess it liek saying we dont have a dbl standard for our good players we enable reckelss behavior and poor judgements to all of our players( even 2nd rate TE's who talk trash and drop passes) but even though it might be fair its still something their franchise should be accountable.

This is soemthing i really appreciate the redskins do is weed out the knuckleheads. Please leave the guys who have talent but are knculeheads and trouible off the field take the guys who contribute to society not take from it.

Archived