Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Return of the Jedi on Spike

BigMike619

OK, so I was a fan of Jedi when I was younger. Who wasnt right? Now Im older and of course the ewoks are cheesy but I can deal with that.

But I cant deal with Chubakah flying on a vine making Tarzan noises. That was just beyond bad to me.

Han pretty much lost his mojo once frozen and became Leia's punk and she even got him with the whole "I know" when he said "I love you". UGH!!

But what I dont know what I feel about is the final add on ending that was put on there. All of the cities being shown were cool and NOT having the ewok jammy jam was cool too but I dont know if I like Hayden showing up next to Ben and Yoda. That just seems like liberties taken and the movie changed. Because they didnt have Ewan McGregor show up as Ben, it was old man Ben.

All in all, I give Spike an A for showing all 6, but I dont like how movies take liberities and do whatever they want.

PS, please dont beat me down too hard TK. :laugh:

A lot of people I know have been saying this for years, and I agree. George Lucas for whatever reason around 1983 decided that making serious films was for chumps and what he wanted was cheesy comic relief and child pandering bull****. A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Raiders of the Lost Ark were all fairly serious films with maybe 1 or 2 well placed moments of non-cheesy comedy to keep things even.

Everything after that- Return of The Jedi, Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade, that god awful Star Wars Special Edition, The Phantom Menace, Attack of The Clones, and Revenge of The Sith was just a shell of what it should have been. He pumped Return of The Jedi, Temple of Doom, and The Last Crusade full of so much annoying kid pandering (Ewoks, Jonathan Ke Quan, toned down violence and action, etc.) and his more recent works took the bad ideas he had worked in on his films in the mid 80's and added in stupid looking, overblown computer graphics in every single scene.

I know that computer graphics are so life like these days that it's hard to tell what is real and what isn't but when I watch a film like the new Star Wars/Indy stuff and the background of every scene/city is fake and computer generated, there is something that bothers me about it. It's too surreal to accept. I think that that the Star Wars prequels and the recent Indy film would have been better if they were shot the old fashioned way- on a set that actually exists, using props and fighting bad guys that actually exist...

I can't even get started on how much I hate the Star Wars Special Edition. I'm just glad I have all the originals to watch. Han Solo shot first, he didn't talk to Jabba The Hutt in Mos Eisley, every big explosion didn't have that stupid ring of **** around it, the song and dance scene in Jabba's palace never took place, the Sarlacc pit monster didn't have some stupid looking beak/mouth combination, as stupid as they were the Ewoks didn't have that same music playing at the party at the end, Anakin Skywalker didn't appear in ghost form as Hayden Christianson...****. My favorite movies as a kid and the very guy who made them possible went in and ****ed them up.

I agree that the retouching of the movies added little or nothing. I think that the Saturn ring added to the Death Star's explosion was silly. I hated that Han shot second, in the Greedo scene of the first movie. Return showed symptoms that Lucas was losing his way, symptoms that were left untreated and were fully pronounced by the time Phantom Menace came out. Return overall was a good movie, but it should have been two movies. Neither story was fleshed out sufficiently. Just like with the prequels.

I agree that the retouching of the movies added little or nothing. I think that the Saturn ring added to the Death Star's explosion was silly. I hated that Han shot second, in the Greedo scene of the first movie. Return showed symptoms that Lucas was losing his way, symptoms that were left untreated and were fully pronounced by the time Phantom Menace came out. Return overall was a good movie, but it should have been two movies. Neither story was fleshed out sufficiently. Just like with the prequels.

I totally agree here. It just seemed like Lucas started running out of time so he just shoved everything in there together to fit the whole story into one movie. They could have gone on for a while about Leia and Luke figuring out they were brother and sister. Han could have NOT been such a putz. I still dont get how he went from talking so much trash to Leia to suddenly being her *****.

It all frustrated me and then when I saw Hayden as Darth I just got mad and had to make this thread. :mad:

This was a killer for me when it first happened. I was in the young-adult peer group when Star Wars first came out (I refuse to use Lucas' retarded numbering) and it obviously had a movie/sci-fi/pop culture/iconic paradigm-shift kind of impact.

Then Empire seemd to be a great bridge to what we were expecting to be the Grand Finale in the first Great Trilogy. Even if you were nowhere near "geekdom" and just loved the hell out of the whole thing as a "normie", we were (as a group, I remember) unbelieveblay dissapointed by the farce of the Ewoks and "Return."

I almost want to use words like "devastated" and "betrayed" because it actually felt that big to many fans after the original magic (same with Indy). What was that idiot thinking? A bunch of people left the theatre outright angry when it was over. And that reaction turned out to be common at the time. We were going "all those muppets?? all those ****ing muppets? and midgets in fur suits???"

Even in that mess (and the ones that followed) you could see the glimmers of what once was and could have been, and there were good parts in there, and even a little more, increasingly, in the last three made. But oh what could have been if the standard had been kept as high as the original.

even in revenge of the sith he had such a great opp to just go back to being dark and making a really good story. but then you have natalie "youre breaking my heart" and she kept calling him "annie". you DONT call Darth ****ing Vader "annie". EVER!!

just such a great build up with the battle between him and Ben and then you kill it by having him scream like a woman and breaking glass.

jedi is second to last. i still consider episode 1 the biggest turd he could have laid.

empire was hands down the greatest. so much happened there. luke meets yoda; luke finds out his dad is darth. luke loses a hand. han gets frozen. the rebellion is just reeling from the ass kicking it got.

hell man, even c3po got dismantled!! haha

jedi is second to last. i still consider episode 1 the biggest turd he could have laid.

empire was hands down the greatest. so much happened there. luke meets yoda; luke finds out his dad is darth. luke loses a hand. han gets frozen. the rebellion is just reeling from the ass kicking it got.

hell man, even c3po got dismantled!! haha

empire has always been my favorite. you'll get no argument there...but jedi the 5th? you're bonkers.

empire has always been my favorite. you'll get no argument there...but jedi the 5th? you're bonkers.

chewy on a vine making tarzan noises. thats all i can say. :doh:

I guess I could put it up to 4th and put the clones in 5th but it wasnt better then revenge of the sith and a new hope is the original and at the time was so new and cool I cant put that any lower then second.

here is my list.

1. empire

2. new hope

3. revenge of the sith

4. jedi (happy?) :silly:

5. attack of the clones

6. phantom menace

yeah, a primal being that grew up in a tree high above the forest floor....vine swinging is so out of his realm. :doh:

:laugh:

no, no, no. that part is totally believable. but the tarzan scream? how do wookies or anyone on endor know what tarzan even sounds like?

this is a LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY. Tarzan doesnt even exist.

:silly:

no, no, no. that part is totally believable. but the tarzan scream? how do wookies or anyone on endor know what tarzan even sounds like?

this is a LONG TIME AGO in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY. Tarzan doesnt even exist.

:silly:

it was a long long time ago...prior to tarzan. the question would be, how did tarzan know about the inhabitants of kashyyk?

chewy on a vine making tarzan noises. thats all i can say. :doh:

I guess I could put it up to 4th and put the clones in 5th but it wasnt better then revenge of the sith and a new hope is the original and at the time was so new and cool I cant put that any lower then second.

here is my list.

1. empire

2. new hope

3. revenge of the sith

4. jedi (happy?) :silly:

5. attack of the clones

6. phantom menace

Thats the exact same order I put them in...The Empire Strikes Back is just so ****ing good it isn't funny.

Archived