Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network: Redskins vs Dalla Replay - our week 11 loss

ljs

I searched and searched...did not find this already posted.

I watched most of the game this morning. It was nice to see Cooley catch the TD pass, made me think of his wedding this weekend.

Hard to see Springs get schooled all day. What are your guys thoughts on that?

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

I searched and searched...did not find this already posted.

I watched most of the game this morning. It was nice to see Cooley catch the TD pass, made me think of his wedding this weekend.

Switch Landry and Doughty, and it's a different ball game. Have Sean Taylor be healthy instead of injured, and it's a different ball game.

Do they ever replay a game that we win? :rolleyes:

Just wait until the next few weeks.

I'm certain they'll be replaying the game where will took care of Giants at the Meadowlands and I figure the'll be replaying the 32-21 win at Minnesota.

They replayed the cardinals game. I rather watch a replay of the lions game. I wish we played like that in every game just completely dominate.
Luckily, the reason we didn't end up dominating those games is no longer on the team. Zorn strikes me as the guy who would put the nail in the coffin in games like we played last year.

Springs didn't get schooled...our defence was cover 2 that game according to GW. I guess you don't know what Shawn's role would be in a cover 2 do you?

Well he was playing bump and run and covering the flat...If Sean Taylor was healthy he would have had TO shutdown...Springs was not responsible for covering him when he gets more then like 10-20 yards pass the line of scrimmage...That zone belongs to the safety on that side..

Do they ever replay a game that we win? :rolleyes:

They play games dependent on the week they're covering. They're covering week 11. We were on the 3rd game of a 4 game losing streak, so don't expect to see a game where we win anytime soon.

I'd expect that next week they'll show the Bills game because of the emotion.

Jason Garrett and TO really went after our secondary that day. TO was often running wide open.

And we gave them any easy score with a dropped coverage assignment between Fletcher and PP.

They had a great game plan for that game.

I take solace in the fact that the next time we played those bast.... we had our secondary problems sorted out.

Our offense played well though.

Jason looked good except for a couple of throws. (Beside the pick of course)

He lead Cooley a little too much on a post route.

Then over threw Moss by a hair on skinny post/slant in the endzone.

But overall it game me a good feeling for the up coming season.

I'm a huge fan of the re-aired games.

:2cents: :cheers:

Springs didn't get schooled...our defence was cover 2 that game according to GW. I guess you don't know what Shawn's role would be in a cover 2 do you?

Well he was playing bump and run and covering the flat...If Sean Taylor was healthy he would have had TO shutdown...Springs was not responsible for covering him when he gets more then like 10-20 yards pass the line of scrimmage...That zone belongs to the safety on that side..

Its just my opinion. When I watched the game today, I kept noticing that Springs was covering TO on numerous catches. I just would expect better defense on Spings part. He had a lot of chances to prevent a catch and he failed to do so. again, IMHO.

Its just my opinion. When I watched the game today, I kept noticing that Springs was covering TO on numerous catches. I just would expect better defense on Spings part. He had a lot of chances to prevent a catch and he failed to do so. again, IMHO.

Oh ok...your opinion..:rolleyes:

I like Springs and he had a good season. But yeah in this game and in the Seattle playoff game they ate him alive.

Springs admitted that it was clear that Seattle's game plan was to target him and it worked. Hackett among others had a field day with Springs.

I like Springs and he had a good season. But yeah in this game and in the Seattle playoff game they ate him alive.

Springs admitted that it was clear that Seattle's game plan was to target him and it worked. Hackett among others had a field day with Springs.

I didn't know that Springs admitted that Seattle's game plan was to target him.(where do you get that from?) But, its not surprising b/c good players always accept the blame. Although Springs gave up some cathces, even the best corners do, the coverage was good the catches were great. The EASY touchdown pass was given up by PP on the all-go route where he bit on Hasselbeck pump fake was a killer. I don't blame Springs for that game at all.

Same with the Dallas game, sure he gave up a few catches. But that is gonna happen against a receiver of TO's caliber. The key is not give up EASY touchdown passes like the slot-go that TO ran when PP and Fletcher seemed confused about the coverage.

Aikman said this during the broadcast that Jason Garrett had designed a few plays specifically to exploit our coverage without #21 and they worked.

You can't just blame Springs.

I would bet money that these games have something to do with why PP is gone to re-join GW in Jax.

:cheers:

Even though we lost it was a very good game and it went right down to the wire. We would have won if Campbell ran it in on the last play.

Or if Fletcher, Springs, Doughty and Pierson respected TO just a wee bit. Those four blew their coverages pretty badly. Cost us the game IMO... well taht and our inability to scor in the redzone.

Archived